Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle - The Cup Virgins

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Argyle - The Cup Virgins Empty
PostSubject: Argyle - The Cup Virgins   Argyle - The Cup Virgins EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:57 pm

I'm watching the Carling Cup semi final and i realised that in my lifetime, i've never seen argyle win a cup! I really want argyle to give the JPT a good go next year! Many people will say it's tinpot but it's still a cup win and a nice trip to wembley!

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - The Cup Virgins   Argyle - The Cup Virgins EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:06 pm

monti czardas wrote:
I'm watching the Carling Cup semi final and i realised that in my lifetime, i've never seen argyle win a cup! I really want argyle to give the JPT a good go next year! Many people will say it's tinpot but it's still a cup win and a nice trip to wembley!

Thoughts?

Only league clubs compete in the JPT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - The Cup Virgins   Argyle - The Cup Virgins EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:12 pm

What cup do they play for in the Conference, Watney, South West, Farley's, Park Drive League then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - The Cup Virgins   Argyle - The Cup Virgins EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Loving the enthusiam lads! Torquay beating the daggers so we're out of the drop zone until saturday.... Surprised
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - The Cup Virgins   Argyle - The Cup Virgins EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:55 pm

GOB wrote:
What cup do they play for in the Conference, Watney, South West, Farley's, Park Drive League then?

Conference play for the FA Trophy, with a Wembley Final. We still would not make it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - The Cup Virgins   Argyle - The Cup Virgins EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Argyle's recent cup record is fairly disgraceful,with the exception of Holloway's couple of runs.Can't see us ever winning a cup,i thought Argyle were desperately unlucky to lose to Watford in the semi final in 1984 but we probably still wouldn't have won it.Anyone remember the Watney cup,which i think was for teams scoring the highest number of goals in a season-there was a terrace bloodbath against Stoke at Home park in the said competition,i seem to recall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - The Cup Virgins   Argyle - The Cup Virgins EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:05 pm

We have won the Devon Bowl on numerous occasions so that is a cheap shot or libel whatever....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - The Cup Virgins   Argyle - The Cup Virgins EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm

I remember it well, it was very rufty tufty but the Clockwork Orange thing was good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - The Cup Virgins   Argyle - The Cup Virgins EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:36 am

Two League Cup semis and one FA Cup semi is more than many clubs could dream of ...
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - The Cup Virgins   Argyle - The Cup Virgins EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:16 am

we won a trophy in 96, or was my vision so squewed? i thought ronnie mauge scored too, could be mistaken though
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - The Cup Virgins   Argyle - The Cup Virgins Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle - The Cup Virgins
Page 1 of 1