Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!

Go down 
+20
Tgwu
Greenskin
Czarcasm
Charlie Wood
sufferedsince 68
GreenDick25
Peggy
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Yea Man
harvetheslayer
seadog
mouldyoldgoat
RegGreen
Dick Trickle
Tringreen
Rickler
Les Miserable
zyph
PASALB
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 8:17 pm

PatDunne wrote:
How was the Pasoti sponsored buffet?

I was wondering why dear old Nooly was there. After all he's not an official club representative (let's not forget that Pasoti is entirely independent of the club so he can't be) and, I suspect, that he is not a member of PASALB given the antipathy he has shown towards our Cockney chums in the past.

So sponsor it was.

What a complete wanker that man is.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 11:24 pm

I expect James feels IJN has done more for the board than most in last few years.

Quite how the P@SOTI "good causes" fund ends up subsidising those who feel £5 a pint is good value is another question.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 11:45 pm

But what about the free pasty and programme for the temp seat turkeys..... tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
GreenDick25

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 7:22 am

So a supporters group called Plymouth Argyle Supporters On The Internet are sponsoring Plymouth Argyle Supporters Association London Branch? How strange.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 7:47 am

BBC1 wrote:
If there were founder members still living, at least try to contact them to see if they were aware of the event.

I don't see what else could have been done.....all members where e-mailed.....the event was mentioned on facebook and twitter.....it was mentioned on PASALB, PASOTI and ATD.

It's only 40 years, there could be founder members who haven't retired as yet.....it didn't need someone scouring the old folks homes and hospital wards and turning the odd tombstone over to check that everyone had heard.....you can get quite good sophisticated hearing aids these days, so being nearly deaf shouldn't have been a problem.....so really your snide comment isn't warranted........this founder member had certainly heard that the event was on and enjoyed the evening, and met at least one other founder member there, and there was probably others there that I have not remembered who met at the Ordnance Arms, St Johns Wood, Wednesday 30th June 1976.....we certainly cheered Argyle on to relegation that year unfortunately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 9:06 am

Thanks for the snide reply back to my unsnide comment. Steve Nicholson, the chap in question, is not on pasoti or atd, as far as I'm aware. He is on Facebook but may have missed the initial announcement, which from memory was last November? He's been to several away matches, and is a sociable person. He may no longer be a member due to the fact he lives in Bristol.
A simple call from one of the organisers to all the founder members would have made them all aware of the event
Back to top Go down
PASALB

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:02 am

BBC1 wrote:
Thanks for the snide reply back to my unsnide comment. Steve Nicholson, the chap in question, is not on pasoti or atd, as far as I'm aware. He is on Facebook but may have missed the initial announcement, which from memory was last November? He's been to several away matches, and is a sociable person. He may no longer be a member due to the fact he lives in Bristol.
A simple call from one of the organisers to all the founder members would have made them all aware of the event

We have no contact number for Steve Nicholson. Steve has not contributed to the organisation in over 20 years. We are all volunteers with limited time on our hands.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:04 am

BBC1 wrote:

If maybe Steve isn't in membership and maybe not living in the same place as he was when he was a member.....then how can you expect contact to be kept ?....did he have an e-mail address at the time.....if so did PASALB know of it ?.

It is only in the last year or so that PASALB have got their act together and put together a decent web page giving full info of what they do and how to contact them and renew membership.

If Steve isn't online then I can appreciate that it is difficult for him to know....and also for PASALB to keep track of him.......PASALB you can appreciate is changing membership all the time and people will drift to London and the home counties looking for work as the need maybe.....you can judge the state of the economy by the membership level at times.....so members come and go and it would be difficult for the committee to keep their finger on who is or isn't a member anymore.  

BBC1.....I didn't intend to be snidy but your comment sounded as if PASALB should have known where every member/past member in the last 40 years should be on this earth at any given time......many of those that take out membership never renew it....and it isn't up to the membership committee member to chase people up all the time.....with the new web sight it is possible to down load a form and renew quite easily....if you know how to contact Steve let him know.

Can I just say that I am just a bog standard member and have never been on the leadership committee of PASALB....but they can be easily contacted even on this sight. The 40th anniversary had been talked
about since before it was due last June so anyone on Plymouth sights would have come across it mentioned in some way.

PS.......having just posted this, I see that PASALB have commented above.....Steve had no contact for 20 years.....did you realize he had been out of membership so long ?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:03 am

green_genie wrote:
I expect James feels IJN has done more for the board than most in last few years.

Quite how the P@SOTI "good causes" fund ends up subsidising those who feel £5 a pint is good value is another question.
Jimmy, was going so his Jester, was always going to go, dont worry about the dosh there are plenty of gulible nerds who are happy to pay a hundred quid for a photo of a fourth division player so drink up bheys!!!!..... i'll have a pint of Good Causes.... luvverly cheers cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:08 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
He is a bundle of laughs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

FROM A OPEN FACEBOOK SITE

Steve Nicholson Wish i'd known, John - as one of the inaugral members I'd have probably attended

John Lloyd
John Lloyd Ah, sorry Steve.

Steve Nicholson
Steve Nicholson no worries. Were there any others of the original 12 there? John Coker? Chris Dean?

John Lloyd
John Lloyd Neither of those were there. But lots of other regulars and historicals!

Colin Carr Steve you've politely made a good point. Jobs for the boys & over excited chauffeurs

Is all the PAFC board starting to morph into Harry Potter lookalikes ?

Who is that meant to be.....??  Director ??  State of him if it is.

Iddlesleigh Green. Two faced, scheming barsteward. Don't beieve Michael Foot would be proud of his contribution over the last decade.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:08 am

GreenDick25 wrote:
So a supporters group called Plymouth Argyle Supporters On The Internet are sponsoring Plymouth Argyle Supporters Association London Branch? How strange.

I hear money is no object when it comes to giving the club cash.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:10 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
green_genie wrote:

Jimmy, was going so his Jester, was always going to go, dont worry about the dosh there are plenty of gulible nerds who are happy to pay a hundred quid for a photo of a fourth division player so drink up bheys!!!!..... i'll have a pint of Good Causes.... luvverly cheers cheers cheers drunken

PATHETIC....but mildly funny....on second thoughts no...not even that.....you haven't improved from your BBC606 days.... point and laugh .
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:14 am

zyph wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
green_genie wrote:

PATHETIC....but mildly funny....on second thoughts no...not even that.....you haven't improved from your BBC606 days.... point and laugh .
No idea what your talking about Princecock/Zyphy, but you remain the Toxic old Turd you've always been.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:16 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
zyph wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
green_genie wrote:

No idea what your talking about Princecock/Zyphy, but you remain the Toxic old Turd you've always been.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:34 am

Sight = Site or Cite raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:39 am

Not to clever using other site usernames..... sufferedsince68 or as it used to be 69.....about time you moved to 67 isn't it...... lol .

Why do I get involved with you dragging the comments to your lowest denominator deadhorse
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:50 am

zyph wrote:
Not to clever using other site usernames..... sufferedsince68 or as it used to be 69.....about time you moved to 67 isn't it...... lol .

Why do I get involved with you dragging the comments to your lowest denominator deadhorse
PrinceCock/Zyphy, =Turd.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:52 am

Donate to Pasoti so Nooly doesn't have to pay his way for his nights out.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PASALB

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 3:55 pm

zyph wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
If there were founder members still living, at least try to contact them to see if they were aware of the event.

I don't see what else could have been done.....all members where e-mailed.....the event was mentioned on facebook and twitter.....it was mentioned on PASALB, PASOTI and ATD.

It's only 40 years, there could be founder members who haven't retired as yet.....it didn't need someone scouring the old folks homes and hospital wards and turning the odd tombstone over to check that everyone had heard.....you can get quite good sophisticated hearing aids these days, so being nearly deaf shouldn't have been a problem.....so really your snide comment isn't warranted........this founder member had certainly heard that the event was on and enjoyed the evening, and met at least one other founder member there, and there was probably others there that I have not remembered who met at the Ordnance Arms, St Johns Wood, Wednesday 30th June 1976.....we certainly cheered Argyle on to relegation that year unfortunately.

Final point on this matter Steve Nicholson likes PASALB Facebook page so the event would have appeared on his timeline!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 4:21 pm

so obviously his exchange with John Lloyd on facebook was 'Fake News' then lol!

I forgot about Peter Jones and his Iddlesleigh Green nonsense.

The phrase that sticks in my mind about PJ was the 'go and support Man Utd' one.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:26 pm

Tringreen wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
He is a bundle of laughs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

FROM A OPEN FACEBOOK SITE

Steve Nicholson Wish i'd known, John - as one of the inaugral members I'd have probably attended

John Lloyd
John Lloyd Ah, sorry Steve.

Steve Nicholson
Steve Nicholson no worries. Were there any others of the original 12 there? John Coker? Chris Dean?

John Lloyd
John Lloyd Neither of those were there. But lots of other regulars and historicals!

Colin Carr Steve you've politely made a good point. Jobs for the boys & over excited chauffeurs

Is all the PAFC board starting to morph into Harry Potter lookalikes ?

Who is that meant to be.....??  Director ??  State of him if it is.

Iddlesleigh Green. Two faced, scheming barsteward. Don't beieve Michael Foot would be proud of his contribution over the last decade.

Frankly it looks like he was just off the Dumpster and has just realised he was premature....
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 7:40 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
It was a very nice evening. Absolutely nothing dramatic happened and I enjoyed eating the Pasoti sponsored buffet but I did chew very carefully to make sure I didn't choke on it. I sat on a table with Richard Holliday, Nic Warren and the MP Greg Hands so I was on my best behaviour, though I did ask some Argyle related questions.

It was very much an evening to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Pasalb and it wasn't the time or place for football politics. Lee Jameson was a very gracious host and the speeches were all in good humour. The impression I got was that everyone on the board realises that Derek Adams is our biggest asset. DA appeared very calm and confident.

It was £5 for a pint of London Pride which I thought was reasonable.

Any truth in the rumour that Pasoti have donated 300k to the club?

A friend of a friend was at the event and told me it was mentioned at the bar to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 7:43 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
It was a very nice evening. Absolutely nothing dramatic happened and I enjoyed eating the Pasoti sponsored buffet but I did chew very carefully to make sure I didn't choke on it. I sat on a table with Richard Holliday, Nic Warren and the MP Greg Hands so I was on my best behaviour, though I did ask some Argyle related questions.

It was very much an evening to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Pasalb and it wasn't the time or place for football politics. Lee Jameson was a very gracious host and the speeches were all in good humour. The impression I got was that everyone on the board realises that Derek Adams is our biggest asset. DA appeared very calm and confident.

A friend of a friend was at the event and told me it was mentioned at the bar to him.

When Lee was thanking the sponsors he mentioned that Pasoti had donated £300k to the club. There were a few eyebrows raised but I didn't hear it mentioned again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

When Lee was thanking the sponsors he mentioned that Pasoti had donated £300k to the club. There were a few eyebrows raised but I didn't hear it mentioned again.
The old Trust was repaid £330,000 (plus nominal interest) from the club. popcorn
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 8:23 pm

That's a facking wodge of dosh, tax free?.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next