Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!

Go down 
+20
Tgwu
Greenskin
Czarcasm
Charlie Wood
sufferedsince 68
GreenDick25
Peggy
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Yea Man
harvetheslayer
seadog
mouldyoldgoat
RegGreen
Dick Trickle
Tringreen
Rickler
Les Miserable
zyph
PASALB
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 8:49 am

Indeed, there are plenty of other threads for that.....................
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 9:37 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
This thread was started by user PASALB to inform ATD members about a special celebration for a very good Argyle supporters club.

Please don't let it become a slanging match between people.

Agree entirely but that whinging little shit sent me a PM first and I responded by PM. In addition I informed him with no apology then I would post for others to read...... Nothing more will be added here by me rest assured. Suspect he's already whining in the nearest Police station to him. Out.....
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 9:49 am

Thanks Harve.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 11:01 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
This thread was started by user PASALB to inform ATD members about a special celebration for a very good Argyle supporters club.

Please don't let it become a slanging match between people.

Yes I agree with you mouldy......40 years of London support is worth celebrating....a time to meet up with other green exiles in the south east and to enjoy an evening together......remembering back over all those years since Geoffrey Luke first got us together at the Ordnance Arms in St Johns Wood in June 1976.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 10:50 am

Not sure if tickets are still available for this but given the Liverpool diversion this is worth an Elias style bump.

I hope everyone going has a great time and gets to discuss all things Argyle with the powers that be.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 12:19 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Not sure if tickets are still available for this but given the Liverpool diversion this is worth an Elias style bump.

I hope everyone going has a great time and gets to discuss all things Argyle with the powers that be.

Seconded - with the emphasis on all things Argyle

flower
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 1:57 pm

Should be a splendid occasion, with a chance for some 'ordinary' fans to meet and chat with the board.

Enjoy the evening those who are attending - quite a few from ATD I think. Wink
Back to top Go down
GreenDick25

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 6:38 am

A little birdy has told me that IJN is attending this event. I am not sure in what capacity he qualifies as a board member or PASALB member but hey ho! The same little birdy has also told me that the chap whose employers IJN complained to will also be in attendance. I wish I was going now. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 7:17 am

GreenDick25 wrote:
A little birdy has told me that IJN is attending this event. I am not sure in what capacity he qualifies as a board member or PASALB member but hey ho! The same little birdy has also told me that the chap whose employers IJN complained to will also be in attendance. I wish I was going now. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He has to go so he can play taxi for his lord and master.

I heard it's his turn to be big spoon tonight too.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 10:34 am

GreenDick25 wrote:
Knobber in da house is a pisser for those looking forward to a good night out! jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 11:59 am

GreenDick25 wrote:

The rules that apply to everyone else don't apply to the morbidly obese one. He sees himself as some sort of low rent enforcer - he has to go where Brent goes to try and head off Brent hearing the truth about his minion without Porky being able to limit or control any damage.

I hope the chap who's employers were approached gets a chance to have a quiet word in Brent's shell-like. It's about time the range of Porky's nefarious activities were brought to light.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 1:05 pm

The sad thing is that Brent probably likes having a pet thug. A bjt like having a fag back in the Eton days.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 1:14 pm

GreenDick25 wrote:

Let's hope that the chap has the opportunity to bring up that incident with Brent. It really is about time something concrete about his activities was put out in the open.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 1:48 pm

As most of you know by now, I am the person whose employer Newell contacted. I am not going to comment too much about it, other then to say that I have not had any contact with Newell for over 4 years, either directly or indirectly. As far as I am aware the site has not had any contact with Newell either. The law regarding defamation on the internet is very clear, and I would have thought that the site owner of an internet forum would be well aware of the law and the actions he needs to take if he thinks he has a case.

Regarding the Pasalb event, I confirmed my attendance a few months ago and I was not aware that Newell was attending. I have (and never had), any intention of bringing any ATD matters to the attention of James Brent. The Pasalb is far bigger then any grievance between ATD and Brent/Newell and this event is not the place for me (or anyone) to bring up any issues. My intention is to drink beer and talk bollocks about football, and to celebrate 40 years of the Pasalb. The debate about internet politics and the well known ongoing issues are being discussed elsewhere in private, and the ATD position is being well represented. There is not much point in me trying to present our case at this event.

I have given the Pasalb organisers my word that I shall be on my best behaviour and I have been assured that there will be no issues from Mr Newell.

Love
Frank
Back to top Go down
GreenDick25

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 8:16 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

I have given the Pasalb organisers my word that I shall be on my best behaviour and I have been assured that there will be no issues from Mr Newell.

Love
Frank

Two days to go Frank. How confident are you that these assurances will be honored?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 8:22 am

In my limited experience once the talk becomes articulate and informed among educated folk our chum tends to hang around the buffet...glowering.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 8:26 am

GreenDick25 wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Love
Frank

Two days to go Frank. How confident are you that these assurances will be honored?

I have my doubts Newell will be there.....he currently has MUCH more serious matters to attend to rest assured. Having said that am guessing a further damage limitation exercise may be even more important this week to him.  Time is running out for the creature
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 8:41 am

I have not been told anything more than I posted above (from the event organiser).

To be perfectly honest I doubt that Newell will even recognise me. We met briefly in 2011 but that was it. Unless he has been stalking me on social media he has probably forgotten what I look like.

I have been told that at a previous Pasalb event he was doing the rounds trying to find out who was who in regards to posting on the internet, but times have changed and he will be given short shrift if he tries that.

If Newell wanted to speak to me in the last 4 years I am sure he could have managed it. He knows my name, my workplace, the ATD email address and the abuse litigation button. I also publish my seat number at away games. And he could just sign up to ATD and post a message.

I am not anticipating any issues just because we are going to be in the same room for a few hours.
Back to top Go down
PASALB

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 9:47 am

EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 10:14 am

What about the poor old POTDers raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
PASALB

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 10:35 am

Les Miserable wrote:

Was only ever a ticket event as we needed to give final numbers by today.

Food ordered, table plan sorted and final touches to happen on Friday before the members and guests arrive.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 10:51 am

PASALB wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Food ordered, table plan sorted and final touches to happen on Friday before the members and guests arrive.

It rhymes with bush.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 10:59 am

PASALB wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

I was hoping to get to this do but it was not to be.

Have a great night to all who attend.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

POTDers are no longer given a second thought wherever we go out into the sunlight. The economic caste system is spreading.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 4:33 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next