Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!

Go down 
+20
Tgwu
Greenskin
Czarcasm
Charlie Wood
sufferedsince 68
GreenDick25
Peggy
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Yea Man
harvetheslayer
seadog
mouldyoldgoat
RegGreen
Dick Trickle
Tringreen
Rickler
Les Miserable
zyph
PASALB
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 6:59 pm

They don't like us. We don't care.
I remember when Lidl had no big trolleys available, only hand baskets for a day's food, a couple of bottles of cider, and a tub of hummus. For years they didn't even accept credit cards. Halcyon days, (sigh).
I expect PASALB will be paying for their craft beer at £4.50 a pint with a contactless swipe of a watch.
Back to top Go down
PASALB

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 7:04 pm

beesrus wrote:
I remember when Lidl had no big trolleys available, only hand baskets for a day's food, a couple of  bottles of cider, and a tub of hummus. For years they didn't even accept credit cards. Halcyon days, (sigh).
I expect PASALB will be paying for their craft beer at £4.50 a pint with a contactless swipe of a watch.

obviously you have not met many PASALB members. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 7:47 pm

beesrus wrote:
I remember when Lidl had no big trolleys available, only hand baskets for a day's food, a couple of  bottles of cider, and a tub of hummus. For years they didn't even accept credit cards. Halcyon days, (sigh).

We 'ad lots of things back in them days that they haven't got today-Rickets, Hitler, Diptheria..... Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 6:07 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I have not been told anything more than I posted above (from the event organiser).

To be perfectly honest I doubt that Newell will even recognise me. We met briefly in 2011 but that was it. Unless he has been stalking me on social media he has probably forgotten what I look like.

I have been told that at a previous Pasalb event he was doing the rounds trying to find out who was who in regards to posting on the internet, but times have changed and he will be given short shrift if he tries that.

If Newell wanted to speak to me in the last 4 years I am sure he could have managed it. He knows my name, my workplace, the ATD email address and the abuse litigation button. I also publish my seat number at away games. And he could just sign up to ATD and post a message.

I am not anticipating any issues just because we are going to be in the same room for a few hours.
He's checked in, that's for sure.
plenty of popcorn popcorn popcorn for tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Oh dear.
Anyone care to guess who one of the evening's sponsors are?

they keep on giving... popcorn
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Dewdneys, Subaru or Nikki?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:11 pm

Coca Cola?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 2:22 am

How was the Pasoti sponsored buffet?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 4:20 am

Taken from a open facebook site

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:58 am

It was a very nice evening. Absolutely nothing dramatic happened and I enjoyed eating the Pasoti sponsored buffet but I did chew very carefully to make sure I didn't choke on it. I sat on a table with Richard Holliday, Nic Warren and the MP Greg Hands so I was on my best behaviour, though I did ask some Argyle related questions.

It was very much an evening to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Pasalb and it wasn't the time or place for football politics. Lee Jameson was a very gracious host and the speeches were all in good humour. The impression I got was that everyone on the board realises that Derek Adams is our biggest asset. DA appeared very calm and confident.

It was £5 for a pint of London Pride which I thought was reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 7:59 am

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 8:00 am

Pleasant evening just like FB said above.....the seating had been carefully worked out....I did notice that FB and IJN where in opposite corners of the room by checking the seating plan.

The Hotel was an Akkeron group place......all of the beer was £5 a bottle and most where smaller than a pint from what I could see......good that some of us had a drink before just down the road at a more reasonable price.

I sat at the table that was headed by Peter Jones....who showed no interest in introducing himself or finding out who we all were.....I thought that spreading the big-wigs around the seven tables might of meant that they where interested in talking to us.....but not Mr Jones disappointing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 8:25 am

zyph wrote:
Pleasant evening just like FB said above.....the seating had been carefully worked out....I did notice that FB and IJN where in opposite corners of the room by checking the seating plan.

The Hotel was an Akkeron group place......all of the beer was £5 a bottle and most where smaller than a pint from what I could see......good that some of us had a drink before just down the road at a more reasonable price.

I sat at the table that was headed by Peter Jones....who showed no interest in introducing himself or finding out who we all were.....I thought that spreading the big-wigs around the seven tables might of meant that they where interested in talking to us.....but not Mr Jones disappointing.
No real surprise there. I've met him a couple of times in the past. There's better people of Argyle Importance who I'd rather buy a drink.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 8:44 am

He is a bundle of laughs

FROM A OPEN FACEBOOK SITE

Steve Nicholson Wish i'd known, John - as one of the inaugral members I'd have probably attended

John Lloyd
John Lloyd Ah, sorry Steve.

Steve Nicholson
Steve Nicholson no worries. Were there any others of the original 12 there? John Coker? Chris Dean?

John Lloyd
John Lloyd Neither of those were there. But lots of other regulars and historicals!

Colin Carr Steve you've politely made a good point. Jobs for the boys & over excited chauffeurs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 10:07 am

Toad Hall decamps to London and looks to further it's parish.
Looks like I was near the mark with the beer although maybe London Pride might be a bit old in the tooth to be described as one of the new wave craft beers.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 10:26 am

New wave craft beers in an established Richmond Hotel.....I doubt it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 10:50 am

Tgwu wrote:
He is a bundle of laughs

Steve Nicholson Wish i'd known, John - as one of the inaugral members I'd have probably attended

John Lloyd

Steve Nicholson
Steve Nicholson no worries. Were there any others of the original 12 there? John Coker? Chris Dean?

John Lloyd
John Lloyd Neither of those were there. But lots of other regulars and historicals!

Colin Carr Steve you've politely made a good point. Jobs for the boys & over excited chauffeurs

Is all the PAFC board starting to morph into Harry Potter lookalikes ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 11:16 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
It was a very nice evening. Absolutely nothing dramatic happened and I enjoyed eating the Pasoti sponsored buffet but I did chew very carefully to make sure I didn't choke on it. I sat on a table with Richard Holliday, Nic Warren and the MP Greg Hands so I was on my best behaviour, though I did ask some Argyle related questions.

It was very much an evening to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Pasalb and it wasn't the time or place for football politics. Lee Jameson was a very gracious host and the speeches were all in good humour. The impression I got was that everyone on the board realises that Derek Adams is our biggest asset. DA appeared very calm and confident.

It was £5 for a pint of London Pride which I thought was reasonable.

Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 11:23 am

Peter Jones spoke very well about Michael Foot and was quite entertaining. Brent spoke about the accounts, Starnes just took the piss out of LJ and DA. Adams mentioned "playing 2 up front" a lot (as in he isn't going to).

Richard Holliday was very pleasant but it was noticeable that he didn't have too much to do with the rest of the board members.
Back to top Go down
PASALB

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 11:51 am

The event was advertised on our website, our Facebook page and our twittter feed. Also if you are a member you would have had an email alert! What more could we have done?

Tgwu wrote:
He is a bundle of laughs

John Lloyd

Steve Nicholson

John Lloyd

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 2:13 pm

If there were founder members still living, at least try to contact them to see if they were aware of the event.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 2:41 pm

Well said young man Thumbs
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 3:18 pm

Graiser wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
He is a bundle of laughs

John Lloyd

Steve Nicholson

John Lloyd

Is all the PAFC board starting to morph into Harry Potter lookalikes ?

Who is that meant to be.....?? Director ?? State of him if it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 4:23 pm

Strange photo. Has he just dropped in with a green parachute ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:51 pm

beesrus wrote:
Strange photo. Has he just dropped in with a green parachute ?

Either that or his trouser pockets are so laden with his share of the Liverpool FACup dividend, his braces have to be suspended from the roof rafters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next