seadog
Czarcasm
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Goodwillie Court case. Empty
PostSubject: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:47 pm

SkySports News just reporting on this ongoing case. The woman is trying to claim £500,000 damages.

He's been pretty shit so far, but perhaps that isn't surprising given the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 7:25 pm

Should we organise a whip round?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 7:28 pm

seadog wrote:
Should we organise a whip round?

you could do one for Mr Brent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 8:09 pm

nothing new its been at it along while.

Wonder if he has started paying child support for the kid he refuses to acknowledge (google it) not a nice guy at all.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 4:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd say she's got two hopes.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 7:37 pm

Have to wait for judge, been ask to absolve the players

He said: "There are indications that the pursuer was acting out of character that evening and I say she acted out of character all evening."

Mr McIlvride said skilled evidence from expert witnesses in the case did not support a finding on the balance of probabilities that the woman was unable to consent.

Both solicitors asked the judge, Lord Armstrong, to absolve the players in the action.

The judge reserved his decision and will give a ruling at a later date.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 7:20 am

FOOTIE RAPE TRIAL Rape-accused footie ace David Goodwillie loses £20k on sale of plush pad

The former Aberdeen striker, 27, wanted £360,000 for the five-bedroom detached pad — £1,000 more than he paid for it in 2013

But sale records reveal he flogged it for £340,000 to a woman who lives on the same street in Stirling.

It changed hands early last month, weeks before a £500,000 damages hearing brought by alleged sex attack victim Denise Clair, 30.

Denise, who waived her right to anonymity, claims Goodwillie and his former Dundee United teammate David Robertson, 30, assaulted her after a boozy night out.

Judges at the Court of Session in Edinburgh had ordered Goodwillie to set aside £100,000 from the sale as his legal bond.

The ace failed to overturn the ruling by claiming he would struggle to pay his legal fees, which could top £90,000, without the full proceeds.

He is said to earn £5,000 a month after tax with Plymouth Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 8:25 am

"Rape accused footie ace"

Jesus Wept.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Whats more shocking is argo giving him 5 large a month for F#@K All
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 4:09 pm

Can't be any worse than Spencer shorely?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 11:41 am

Guilty.

Oh dear.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 12:29 pm

I'm not supporting either side here but I can't get my head around the fact that there was no criminal trial but he is found guilty.
''Ms Clair, who previously waived her right to anonymity, said she could not remember what happened after being in a Bathgate bar and woke up in a strange flat the following morning''. But she must remember the bits required to convince the judge that her story was correct. Argyle have taken the only step they could in this situation.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 12:31 pm

Trial - 'beyond reasonable doubt' Civil case - 'balance of probabilities'
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 12:39 pm

He'll no doubt appeal it and it'll drag on. Not sure where Argyle stand legally as regards his contract ? Could he sue if we bin him?

Either way don't expect him to score many more any time soon.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 12:43 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Trial - 'beyond reasonable doubt' Civil case - 'balance of probabilities'
Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 12:52 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
He'll no doubt appeal it and it'll drag on. Not sure where Argyle stand legally as regards his contract ? Could he sue if we bin him?

He won't.

Currently suspended by the club.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 1:41 pm

The club need to be careful here. There was no criminal prosecution so there is no criminal record. I'm not sure that a civil prosecution that succeeds carries the same legal weight as a criminal one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Civil isnt criminal so Argyle would have to look into it if they felt that a club like ours should do away with Goodwillie which is what i imagine they are doing by waiting to see the court summons.

I am chuckling a little bit reading some comments on a poor forum about our club being tarnished by having him here yet forget we have a convict drink driver who caused the deaths of 2 kids and paralysis another as our captain.

I fully expect goodwillie to be disposed off if they can do it without a payoff unless he appeals. I really hope the club think before they ssue a statement though for the already mention reasons.
Back to top Go down
GreenDick25

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:18 pm

Would it count as "gross misconduct"? I would imagine that most footballers have that in their contract somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:25 pm

GreenDick25 wrote:
Would it count as "gross misconduct"? I would imagine that most footballers have that in their contract somewhere.

Possibly but it didn't happen when he was employed by the club. Maybe bringing the club into disrepute?
Back to top Go down
GreenDick25

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
GreenDick25 wrote:

Possibly but it didn't happen when he was employed by the club. Maybe bringing the club into disrepute?

I am sure the club will find some way to terminate his contract and free up some wages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
GreenDick25 wrote:

They would have known about the case before they signed him so i dont think they can claim that.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:49 pm

maybe that bloke from torquay was a pre reaction to this ruling
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Jethro wrote:
maybe that bloke from torquay was a pre reaction to this ruling

No we got two strikers out who have had long term injuries and needed more firepower upfront given goodwillie doesnt score bar last saturday and garitta is injury prone, rooney doesnt get a look in and slew and jervis are far better on the wings. if goodwillie goes we should replace him or finally give rooney a break while Spencer and Brunt return.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Iam not up on scottish law in fact iam not up on civil law either..but theres more to this than meets the eye thats foreshore but on a footballing front they should just bin him absolutely useless 1 goal all season and he nearly missed that open goal saturday cos he didnt know where to put it the bloke on the line nearly stopped it he wont be missed they should just get rid of him..plus 5 large a month..REALLY!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodwillie Court case.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next