pepsipete
Greenskin
downthetrack
Tringreen
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Redknapp's court case Empty
PostSubject: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:47 pm

It looks to me as though Redknapp and Mandaric are telling different versions of events in court, and I reckon one or both of them will be found guilty.

If Harry Redknapp is found guilty, what are peoples views on him becoming the next England manager? Should it have no effect or should he be ruled out if found guilty?

And with Capello publicly stating he disagrees with John Terry being stripped of the England captaincy, what would happen if Capello walks before the Euro's? Is there anyone else fit to manage England in a major tournament? I reckon the F.A. would turn to Stuart Pearce as a short term appointment if the worst happened.

Personally I think it would be extremely difficult for Harry Redknapp to be given the England job if he were to be convicted this week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:25 pm

I don't think it would be difficult to give Rednapp the job I think it would be impossible. This would be a man found guilty of defrauding the Country in essence and then make him the countries representative in the national sport. Never going to happen and if it did they would look even more foolish and inept than they already do. I like Rednapp as a manager and would like him to be the next England manager but not if guilty of this.

Looking around there aren't that many candidates who readily jump out of the picture who have either the experience or capability in my opinion. On the basis that it should be somebody English it makes it even harder. How many managers of English extraction are currently premiership managers? I'd give it to Pearce and be damned. It's better than Trevor Brooking taking over whilst looking or waiting for one to appear.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:33 pm

Not Pearce please.

I'd rather have Warnock !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:37 pm

I have someone in mind for the England job, ya know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:59 pm

He's not English grumpy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
He's not English grumpy.

To be honest I hadn't given nationality any thought but nether is the one we have now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:01 pm

I know but isn't everyone saying the next one should be? Not sure why because if most of them aren't good enough for our premier league then what makes anyone think we can find one for the National side. Just as long as it isn't from north of the border.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I know but isn't everyone saying the next one should be? Not sure why because if most of them aren't good enough for our premier league then what makes anyone think we can find one for the National side. Just as long as it isn't from north of the border.

Yeah you wouldn't want a decent manager would you Razz I could start naming them all, but I'm sure you already know them. Don't think any Scotsman would take the job either tongue
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:15 pm

Someone different,think Chris Hughton could do a good job for England.Long playing career,not bad managerial one so far
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Difficult to suggest an appropriate english England manager.Hodgson may have stood a chance before his unhappy spell at Liverpool,Redknapp will definitely be out of the running if found guilty,maybe out of it even if not.Actually,probably the most successful manager outside of those two is Pulis,but he wouldn't fit the bill.Pardew? Can't see it myself.If an english speaking manager is a candidate,it must be O'Neill,ticks all the right boxes.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:15 am

They are more than welcome to recruit Carl Fletcher and pay us substantial compensation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:25 am

If we lend Fletcher to Spurs,that is if Redknapp is found guilty and gets some Time inside......can we make sure he has got only a one way ticket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:35 am

Verdict has been reached, news any moment now ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:36 am

Both not guilty, what an absolute pile of crap
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:36 am

Greenjock wrote:
Verdict has been reached, news any moment now ....

Both cleared.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:02 pm

Whatever the truth of the matter there's always a satisfaction in seeing the taxman getting a kicking. They always seem to extract every last penny from me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Whatever the truth of the matter there's always a satisfaction in seeing the taxman getting a kicking. They always seem to extract every last penny from me.

Yes but it's always the ones with the most that seem to want to rip off the tax man the most and that get away with it and remember, every penny that is ripped off is a penny less being spent on caring for the elderly, mental illness, childrens books and in general, societies needs. I do wonder how some of these people sleep at night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:19 pm

I just wonder how 12 adults can hear the recorded interviews by both Mandaric and Redknapp, to the Police and the reporter, where they keep contradicting each other, and clear BOTH of them? Their stories don't match, the facts don't add up, the reasons don't add up but they are both cleared. Of course Redknapp's excuse was that he was concentrating on the upcoming League Cup Final and got confused. He's isn't an intelligent man. It takes other people to run his life for him.

Wouldn't want the extra responsibility of being England manager then surely?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:31 pm

GOB wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Yes but it's always the ones with the most that seem to want to rip off the tax man the most and that get away with it and remember, every penny that is ripped off is a penny less being spent on caring for the elderly, mental illness, childrens books and in general, societies needs. I do wonder how some of these people sleep at night.

Too true.

Having virtually no income at present, I applied for Council Tax benefit. They went through all my paperwork and told me I was entitled to full benefit, which means I don't have to pay anything at all. But I still use the library, and the parks, and they still empty my bins and clean the streets and that, so, feeling a bit bad, I asked if there was some way I could at least pay a little bit. I can't.

I bet the likes of Fred Goodwin don't feel as bad as I do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:37 pm

The thing is, he's been found not guilty so that's the end of it.

If you can afford the best legal team you have a much much better chance of being found not guilty than Joe Public, but if I want to tell people that they are breaking the law by chanting g*po, whether they feel it is or not, then I have to accept that if someone is found not guilty in a court of law, then they are not guilty.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:38 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Whatever the truth of the matter there's always a satisfaction in seeing the taxman getting a kicking. .
cheers Very Happy Razz Laughing cheers

No comment!!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I just wonder how 12 adults can hear the recorded interviews by both Mandaric and Redknapp, to the Police and the reporter, where they keep contradicting each other, and clear BOTH of them? Their stories don't match, the facts don't add up, the reasons don't add up but they are both cleared. Of course Redknapp's excuse was that he was concentrating on the upcoming League Cup Final and got confused. He's isn't an intelligent man. It takes other people to run his life for him.

Harry and Mandy didn't have to prove that they hadn't done anything, the prosecution had to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they had done something specific.

It was a ridiculous case for the CPS to bring, there was never any chance of a result and for those of you wringing your hands at the tax on a couple of hundred grand going awol please get a grip, this case has cost over 2 million pounds of public money to bring to court, that is the crime here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Harry and Mandy didn't have to prove that they hadn't done anything, the prosecution had to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they had done something specific.

It was a ridiculous case for the CPS to bring, there was never any chance of a result and for those of you wringing your hands at the tax on a couple of hundred grand going awol please get a grip, this case has cost over 2 million pounds of public money to bring to court, that is the crime here.

I do realise that LT, so are you saying HMRC shouldn't bother trying to bring tax cheats to justice as it costs so much? I guess they think if they can convict a high profile name or two that it will make more people think twice about doing it. As it happens they lost the case and yes millions in taxpayers money is down the drain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:20 pm

This is one of those cases where the CPS are now damned if they do and damned if they don't. Had they won the case then nothing would be said about the cost. Having lost it they are now accused of wasting taxpayers money. The question to be asked is why it costs so much for justice to be dispensed in the first place. What salaries are some of these people getting? Had they not gone for it people would be saying that they were just pandering to the already rich whereas a poor person would have been done. From the evidence I've heard on the news, and it is only a part of it I know, there sounded as if there was as much chance of getting a conviction as not at the very least. It was down to the jury in the end and which one they believed and they chose the defendants which says they must have had some reasonable doubt about them being guilty. It is the way our justice system works even if we may not agree with juries when they reach their conclusions. I've done jury service in a minor case or two but it is still a big responsibility to find somebody guilty simply on a whim of what you yourself consider probablility or taking the facts presented and deciding if there is any doubt about their guilt. If you have a doubt then the decision is easy and it has to be not guilty. A different jury may find a different outcome. But, as I said, it is how our system works and I for one would not change it.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:21 pm

The names of the jury members have now been released.

Bond
Jordan
Levy
Bale
Lennon
King
Gallas
Adebayor
Modric
Parker
Rosie the Dog
Ken Dodd.

It's also been decided that Apppy Arry will NOT be the next England Manager, however he will become special advisor to RBS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redknapp's court case   Redknapp's court case Empty

Back to top Go down

Redknapp's court case
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next