Freathy
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 7:05 pm

akagreengull wrote:
two all in a shite sounding game, another £22 saved.

Might have sounded shite but it certainly wasn't shite to watch.Some very technically able players on the pitch today-although i dislike Roberts very much,it has to be said that the man is a talented player and was a constant thorn in Argyle's side today.Some excellent goals,Pompey's second was a bit controversial but Argyle didn't seem to protest much after the linesman judged that a shot came down over the line off the bar.Greatly to Argyle's credit they kept going and substitute Smith provided a Careyesque finish to get a point.Pompey would probably argue that they had the better chances and they would have a point but Carey hit the bar for Argyle,swings and roundabouts.Good to see one of the Argyle players give the finger to the Pompey hordes after the equaliser,their guy blatantly taunted the Argyle crowd after their first goal which has always been a far more bookable offence imho than taking shirts off and waving them in the air.Somebody threw something at him which was picked up by the ref,Argyle will probably get the rap for something which was caused by the twattish reaction of the Pompey player.No excuses for throwing stuff i suppose but......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 7:17 pm

..... he was a frigging twat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 7:18 pm

Greenskin wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
two all in a shite sounding game, another £22 saved.

Might have sounded shite but it certainly wasn't shite to watch.Some very technically able players on the pitch today-although i dislike Roberts very much,it has to be said that the man is a talented player and was a constant thorn in Argyle's side today.Some excellent goals,Pompey's second was a bit controversial but Argyle didn't seem to protest much after the linesman judged that a shot came down over the line off the bar.Greatly to Argyle's credit they kept going and substitute Smith provided a Careyesque finish to get a point.Pompey would probably argue that they had the better chances and they would have a point but Carey hit the bar for Argyle,swings and roundabouts.Good to see one of the Argyle players give the finger to the Pompey hordes after the equaliser,their guy blatantly taunted the Argyle crowd after their first goal which has always been a far more bookable offence imho than taking shirts off and waving them in the air.Somebody threw something at him which was picked up by the ref,Argyle will probably get the rap for something which was caused by the twattish reaction of the Pompey player.No excuses for throwing stuff i suppose but......

I Saw a tennis ball on the pitch
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 7:22 pm

Graiser wrote:
pilgrimfather wrote:
Good game and excellent atmosphere. Point each about fair I think.

F
Agreed, fair result and a good atmosphere, a few on here sound a bit disappointed we didn't lose

I can never understand comments like this. I'm pretty sure that 100% of posters on this site (Freathy included) always want Argyle to win. I'm also pretty sure that a large number of that 100% do not support the current regime in the boardroom.

There are a number of things wrong with the club at the moment, Webb, Newell and the rise of the superfan, Brent's lack of doing anything at all and the general amateurish nature of the running of the football club, along with a significant concern about the future under Brent and Co.

But we all want the team to win on the pitch.

Just thought I'd make that clear.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 8:38 pm

We wuz robbed.

Sorry. No we weren't. They were.

Right at the start I said to my mate that Pompey were probably the smallest team we've seen in years and as the game wore on their diddymen were replaced by even diddier ones.

There's no right or wrong way to play football. There's just tactics that work for a team and those that don't. It's all down to the philosophy of the manager and both ours and theirs have responded to the disappointment of losing in the play-offs in different ways. Adams has packed our side with big, strong players and where before we were resolute in defence we're now positively obdurate. Pompey have gone the other way: little nippy players pretty much all over the pitch.

To be honest they dominated possession and played by fair the more progressive game but we have lots of big strong guys and in Fox and Carey have a right- and left-footer who hit a mean set piece from anywhere on the pitch. And that was how the game played out.

At times it was embarassing. Bulvitis ended up on his arse several times and one of those occasions led to their first goal but Pompey just couldn't capitalise.

A brilliant delivery from Carey led to our first and Bulvitis on his Harris led to theirs.

The second half was all Pompey bar a trademark Carey effort that crashed against the bar and eventually they caused mayhem leading to a late shot from distance which also crashed against the bar and bounced down in Lampardeque fashion about a yard over the line. There was a delay before the goal was given by the linesman but there was no doubt about. Radio Devon described it as controversial but it wasn't. It would have been a crime had it not been given.

Towards the end we took Spencer, who worked his socks off but saw little reward for his efforts in trying to pull the ball down from the clouds, replaced by Tanner and it looked as though we were going 5-5-0 in a desperate attempt to hang on but Tanner went up front so it was 4-5-1 really.

And somehow Smith coolly slotted in from distance as time ran out.

God knows how we grabbed point from this one but 2-2 fits the trend of scorelines in our recent encounters since we met up again.

1-1, 3-3, 3-0, 2-1, 1-2, 1-2, 2-2, 1-0, 2-2...

That 3-0 apart there's not been a gnat's whisker between them and us for the last 3 years.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 8:49 pm

The main difference between Argyle and Pompey is they are a big club likely to get bigger, while Argyle will slowly become Tennants in a ground Brent owns and the size of the buckets will need to be bigger.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 7:20 am

That was a pretty decent gate no matter what anyone thinks. I thought to get 13,500 was well ok for early in the season.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 8:31 am

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 5:28 pm

I will take a point from this game.

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:30 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The main difference between Argyle and Pompey is they are a big club likely to get bigger, while Argyle will slowly become Tennants in a ground Brent owns and the size of the buckets will need to be bigger.
Naturally! As many fans have different views, always interesting, on what makes a club ''big'' what info or on what basis do you make Pompey 'big'? Just for info really.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:50 am

Pompey are big because they have been league champions (twice) and won the FA cup.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:52 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
That was a pretty decent gate no matter what anyone thinks. I thought to get 13,500 was well ok for early in the season.

The announcer at the end of the game said it was 15,008, looking at GOS picture I think the 15,000 was more like it.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:55 am

They do have a nice ground with good facilities too.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 11:29 am

Pompey edged the game, but a point was fair. Thought our corners/ set pieces in the first half were excellent and caused Pompey a few problems. I was sat in Block 15 and saw Pompey's second clearly go over the line- I was hoping for a Lampard not given goal with the hesitation to award the goal. 

Before we equalised I thought Bradley should have been sent off for a clear foul on Roberts (and he was  the last man). Given the type of player that Roberts is, the ref probably thought it was a dive.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 1:12 pm

Bulvitus had a shocker again just like the last home game cant pass a ball to save his life straight to one of there players even time if pompeys finishing was better they would have one by a hat full..but as they say i take the point..best /funny part of the day was watching the fat argo steward trying to catch the pompey pitch invader..lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2