Les Miserable
Czarcasm
Hitch
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hitch

Portsmouth 6.57 firm Empty
PostSubject: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 12:30 pm

I was in Pompey a few days ago on business and happened to be introduced to some 'old school' supporters. Apparently when Argyle last visited Fratton Park there was a bad incident at one of the local pubs when one or more of our fans hurled bottles through a window which hit a young girl in the face causing severe injury. A large number of the old 6.57 firm are apparently heading down to Home Park this Saturday with only one thing on their agenda. I hope it doesn't materialise of course but thought it best to warn any of you guys going to the game.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 3:17 pm

If there's any justice in this world, the knobber who lobbed the bottle will get his just desserts.

Sadly, it'll almost certainly be some other innocents who'll get the kicking.

I've no time at all for Pompey, their thugs or their fans. Hopefully the 6:57 will meet up with The Central Element and large numbers on both sides can acquire numerous painful injuries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 3:50 pm

Flag nickers as well Mad
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 4:08 pm

Ere, ave a bit of wheelchair.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 5:41 pm

Right then - everyone get a garden chair or wheelchair or leather recliner and smuggle it in to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 7:30 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
If there's any justice in this world, the knobber who lobbed the bottle will get his just desserts.

Sadly, it'll almost certainly be some other innocents who'll get the kicking.

I've no time at all for Pompey, their thugs or their fans. Hopefully the 6:57 will meet up with The Central Element and large numbers on both sides can acquire numerous  painful injuries.

It'll be two groups that will be a mixture of 12 year old kids and fat bald middle aged blokes making gestures at each other from behind a line of rozzers.

They're all a bunch of morons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 9:38 pm

IF there is trouble on Saturday, i'm sure you lot will get the blame popcorn
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 9:47 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

What a day that was !!!

Seems like only yesterday, life is just a fleeting glimpse so enjoy it while you can shipmates.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 3:10 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Allo!! Allo!! ATD Aggro ...ATD Aggro Allo!! Allo!!  lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 3:30 pm

RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
They don't make songs like that any more!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 3:39 pm

BBC1 wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
You cant beat the old ones you hum em son and i play it  :greenrave: lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 3:43 pm

RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
You cant beat the old ones you hum em son and i play it  :greenrave: lol!
Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankley, have you heard of the north bank Highbury?
Shanks said no, I don't think so, but I've heard of the Argyle Aggro!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Ha, I am in that photo. Only 18 years old back then. The beastly Pompey hoardes certainly had a grand day out that day !!.

I see the old bill have warned fans to behave or face a fve year banning order. When did D & C become judge and jury then ?.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 4:22 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

What a day that was !!!

Seems like only yesterday, life is just a fleeting glimpse so enjoy it while you can shipmates.

The Pompey boys in the Lyndhurst had a battle plan and it worked rather well. The Argyle boys charged, Pompey opened up and then surrounded the Argyle mob, threwing punches and kicks willy nilly. An old friend of mine back then got a right kicking from Pompey. I remember a lad called Bredon Kelly walking past the Devonport (pitch side) shacking his head in disgust as he looked at the hundreds of Pompey fans amassed in the Devonport End.

Many Argyle lads finally ended up in the Spoin Kop, hurling stones and coins at the Hampshire lot. A Pompey fan while being dragged away by a copper shouts out you lot don't know what trouble is. He was met with abuse and missiles choicely aimed at him.

Seven of us went to that game I recall, on returning back to Cornwall after the game, I am sure the car we were in was followed by a transvit van full of Pompey. Surprisingly, we lost them on the roads of Cornwall.

That events of that May day will always be etched into the mind. It was stated though that had it been a role reversal and Argyle went to Fratfon Park on the verge of promotion, it would have been Argyle fans causing trouble here, there and everywhere.

Pompey even spraypainted Stonehenge, either on the way to Plymouth or heading back home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 5:19 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

What a day that was !!!

The Pompey boys in the Lyndhurst had a battle plan and it worked rather well. The Argyle boys charged, Pompey opened up and then surrounded the Argyle mob, threwing punches and kicks willy nilly. An old friend of mine back then got a right kicking from Pompey. I remember a lad called Bredon Kelly walking past the Devonport (pitch side) shacking his head in disgust as he looked at the hundreds of Pompey fans amassed in the Devonport End.

Many Argyle lads finally ended up in the Spoin Kop, hurling stones and coins at the Hampshire lot. A Pompey fan while being dragged away by a copper shouts out you lot don't know what trouble is. He was met with abuse and missiles choicely aimed at him.

Seven of us went to that game I recall, on returning back to Cornwall after the game, I am sure the car we were in was followed by a transvit van full of Pompey. Surprisingly, we lost them on the roads of Cornwall.

That events of that May day will always be etched into the mind. It was stated though that had it been a role reversal and Argyle went to Fratfon Park on the verge of promotion, it would have been Argyle fans causing trouble here, there and everywhere.

Pompey even spraypainted Stonehenge, either on the way to Plymouth or heading back home.
If that was the game in May 1983, then that was my first live football match. And my first visit to Home Park.
As a fresh faced 14 year old, I wasn't particularly scared as I wasn't really sure what the hell was going on.
Next season, we drew Arsenal in the League Cup second round and that was my second visit to Home Park. And of course 1983/84 was a special season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 10:14 am

It was a simple case of numbers. Portsmouth brought 10,000 down to celebrate promotion and we had about half that, the police were overwhelmed and it could have been a hell of a lot worse.

We did the same in Peterborough 8 years.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 10:52 am

The pic above is 1980 league cup. '83 pics are in colour and nothing like the above took place, it was more running battles in the Lyndy...
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 11:07 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
It was a simple case of numbers. Portsmouth brought 10,000 down to celebrate promotion and we had about half that, the police were overwhelmed and it could have been a hell of a lot worse.

We did the same in Peterborough 8 years.

Couldn't have been any more than 3k Argyle fans that day? I remember going over the Mayflower for the 2nd half and that was no less volatile than the Lyndhurst was from around 2.45 onwards Pompey were everywhere and the attendance was just 12k+ from memory.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 11:38 am

Att 14,173 so probably more than twice as many. Can't recall that ever being the case in any other home match since.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 12:06 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
The pic above is 1980 league cup.  '83 pics are in colour and nothing like the above took place, it was more running battles in the Lyndy...

Yep. It's deffo not the Battle of Home Park 1983. The Lyndhurst was fenced back then (as was the Demport & Barn Park).
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 1:00 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Ha, I am in that photo. Only 18 years old back then. The beastly Pompey hoardes certainly had a grand day out that day !!.

I see the old bill have warned fans to behave or face a fve year banning order. When did D & C become judge and jury then ?.

Pretty sure I am as well although dont recongnise the guy beside me. Middlish top right with knotted scarf around neck in lightish coloured shirt. I'm certain its me.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 1:09 pm

Freathy wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
The pic above is 1980 league cup.  '83 pics are in colour and nothing like the above took place, it was more running battles in the Lyndy...

Yep.  It's deffo not the Battle of Home Park 1983.  The Lyndhurst was fenced back then (as was the Demport & Barn Park).

I think fencing came because of '83, we were always lagging.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 1:29 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Yep.  It's deffo not the Battle of Home Park 1983.  The Lyndhurst was fenced back then (as was the Demport & Barn Park).

There was definitely fencing when we played Pompey in 1983. I was at that match and there was no Pompey fans on the pitch because of the fences. Most of the Pompey fans were in the Devonport and the Barn Park all fenced in and there were also loads in the Mayflower, which may have had a fence too. Some Argo fans couldn't escape a pompey charge in the Lyndy because of the fence!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 2:50 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

I remember the Chairman saying there was a shortage of fence posts at that time.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 4:24 pm

Brent in disguise ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth 6.57 firm   Portsmouth 6.57 firm Empty

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth 6.57 firm
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next