VillageGreen
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 1:19 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Excellent win, sitting pretty but as last season taught us, it's a marathon not a sprint.
Yep! Of course the change this season in the loan system means that clubs who lose influential players through injury, poor form or red cards cannot just go out and borrow a player. You have to go with what you've got. So top by 5 with some fans saying we have shite forwards! I can live with that at the moment.
:greenrave:
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 1:49 am

twat
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 5:42 am

Jimmy Spencer view of game and season

Jimmy Spencer believes Argyle’s togetherness has taken the Pilgrims five points clear at the top of Sky Bet League Two.

The Argyle No.9 scored his first Pilgrims goal to set Derek Adams side on their way to a 2-0 victory over Leyton Orient at the Matchroom Stadium which was sealed by substitute Ryan Donaldson’s late second.

Jimmy had been recalled to the starting line-up after two matches on the substitutes’ bench and he said: “It was good to play, first, and then obviously to get my first goal. It’s been a long time coming.

“Competition for places in this team is very good. We have got a good group with a lot of players who are worthy of playing.

“We have got strength in depth and, if we can utilise that, it’s going to be better for us all. So you can’t be thinking about yourself in these situations. I came out of the team but Big Arnie [Arnold Garita] came in and scored straight way. It’s always good to have competition for places; it brings out the best in you.

“Some people might think it as a negative, being in and out of the team, but you can’t see it like that. In this team, we are all together, we are one team – players coming off the bench are doing a job, as well.

“We have got a good group here. All the lads are brilliant lads. We work hard for each other. On the pitch and off the pitch, we are all good mates. That’s what you need. We have got good people at this club, good coaching staff, good players, and it’s showing on the pitch at the minute.”

Jimmy’s goal came in the 11th minute, in between early red cards for Orient’s Robbie Weir and Jens Janse, after he was played in by David Goodwillie.

“They say you get one and they start flowing,” he said. “Let’s hope so. It’s good to get off the mark, finally. I’ve had a few chances in the previous games. There have been good saves, just missing, maybe should have scored one or two, but finally it’s gone in tonight and I’m very happy with that.

“It was a great touch by Goodie and I’m in behind one on one with the keeper. It’s good playing up front with Goodie; he’s got such a good understanding of the game; he knows how I work and is in and around me.

“He’s experienced; he’s played up there a long time; he knows when to come in, when to run off me; he’s got a good footballing brain.”

Argyle’s early-season surge has got the Green Army already dreaming of promotion again but Jimmy said: “That’s not in our minds at the minute; we are just taking it game by game, trying to get that next win. That’s happening at the moment so we must be doing something right.

“We have got to be ruthless. We can’t be thinking that we’re top of the league, we can just plod about and take it easy, because teams are going to come at Plymouth and really try to put it on us.

“So we have got to be at our game, every game, and out it on them, be ruthless and get those three points.”

ARGYLE MEDIA
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 7:47 am

Win is a win no question......Be interesting to know last team that was 5 points clear at 10 games and yet have only scored 13 goals in total
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 8:47 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Win is a win no question......Be interesting to know last team that was 5 points clear at 10 games and yet have only scored 13 goals in total

After ten games last season we had scored 16 goals and had 20pts.......not sure of league position at the time.

Only given three goals away in the last eight games....including that flooked goal on Saturday.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 10:10 am

PatDunne wrote:
twat

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Just seen the highlights (thanks to Facebook - a useful site!)
Those away shirts look bleddy handsome for a dark evening game.
Handsome. afro
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 3:17 pm

The highlights were on here last night, youtube highlights are also on here, PAFC is mostly a click service for Brent Herald
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 3:53 pm

Tgwu wrote:
The highlights were on here last night, youtube highlights are also on here, PAFC is mostly a click service for Brent Herald
Bless you mate.
I just happened to be perusing FB, and someone had shared the sky sports highlights.
I know that you do a sterling job putting the highlights onto this wonderful site (that's get me a almost freak t shirt) so thanks for that.
I never click on the Herald stories. Would rather stick Brent Out badges in my eyes.
as an aside, nice to know that the money is in the coffers to pay the remainder of the historical debt. (in October as JB said at the FF on Saturday).
Lets hope for a swift payment of a certain debt then eh popcorn
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 4:06 pm

I second that, you ve been through the mill over this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 4:21 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I second that, you ve been through the mill over this.
Cheers.
It was one of the phrases I picked up from watching the video last night.

Still, if my first game curse strikes on Saturday, at least we have a 5 point cushion atm.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 5:39 pm

Just checked the stats.
11 shots on target to 1 for orient.
25 shots for argyle to 4 for orient.
Sounds like their goalie played a blinder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 5:57 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Just checked the stats.
11 shots on target to 1 for orient.
25 shots for argyle to 4 for orient.
Sounds like their goalie played a blinder.
Shall we sign him on so we could have 4 in our squad? lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 6:12 pm

Aways room for another keeper, I think Derek likes a goalie Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 6:38 pm

PatDunne wrote:
twat

Comments like that which feeds the PASOTi flame, grow up
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 6:47 pm

Jethro wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Three points is three points.

Five clear at the top, where have I seen that before.

Maybe so but apart from Spencer , the forwards we have brought in are shite, need a striking coach show them what a goal is sure we got a couple of ex strikers in the area who could come in and work with them...

Their keeper was outstanding, apparently. Had Argyle put away the chances they missed, it could have been an impressive score.

There is a long way to go yet and the slump of last season is still fresh in the mind.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 6:49 pm

PatDunne wrote:
twat
Not sure who you are aiming that at? I do look forward to your well thought comments on here. You're certainly one of the most entertaining posters.
This may help a little
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 7:43 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Three points is three points.

Five clear at the top, where have I seen that before.

Maybe so but apart from Spencer , the forwards we have brought in are shite, need a striking coach show them what a goal is sure we got a couple of ex strikers in the area who could come in and work with them...

Their keeper was outstanding, apparently. Had Argyle put away the chances they missed, it could have been an impressive score.

There is a long way to go yet and the slump of last season is still fresh in the mind.
Indeed it is still very fresh.
Unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 7:52 pm

Only seen one keeper save in the youtube highlights, Carey needs to get his shooting boots on.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 9:41 pm

Freathy wrote:
2-0 defeat that will be the start of the trademark Argo losing streak.  Players aren't good enough.

BRENT OUT NOW

Have you ever predicted an Argyle win?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 9:53 pm

He has
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 10:39 pm

Was that just after the Boer War!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 3:16 pm

PatDunne wrote:
twat

cheers
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 4:08 pm

Graiser wrote:
Was that just after the Boer War!

Just before i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread   Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Leyon Orient v Plymouth Argyle match day thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3