Elias
Czarcasm
Jethro
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Bolasie to everton  Empty
PostSubject: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 4:12 pm

25 Million
Shame we don't get a slice of that pie,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 4:55 pm

If memory serves me, he went to Brizzle for £10k and no add-ons.

Peter Ridsdale, whadda guy.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 5:07 pm

Far and away the most expensive ex-Argyle player?

Crazy innit. If someone had said a few years ago that Leicester would win the Premier League and Yannick Bolasie would be sold for £25m, the men in white coats would be straight in to cart them off.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 6:02 pm

Just a headless chicken.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 6:29 pm

Make that a wealthy headless chicken!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 9:50 am

Never did a lot with us.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 10:10 am

If somebody would have said to me he would be worth 25 mill & playing in the EPL in the next 6yr i would have said your insane!!
All he used to do was beat 3players and run the ball out of play or one of his classics beat 3players then trip over his own feet..lol..Anyway good luck to the boy wish him all the best for the future....could be wrong but always thought that parasite Rinsdale sold him for 25k to bristol city instead of 10k
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 10:15 am

It mite have been 10k & joe mason was 25k
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 10:16 am

Homeslice wrote:
If memory serves me, he went to Brizzle for £10k and no add-ons.

Peter Ridsdale, whadda guy.

Something like that but it might have been £20k. It was in the admin docs somewhere.

I don't get the gnashing and wailing about "we won't get anything yadda yadda yadda". We could/should have negotiated a better price with Bristol C; we could/should have negotiated sell-on clauses. Obviously. The thing is Bristol City sold him to Palace years ago and that was then we might have had a windfall if there was one to be had. Quite why we should hope to get anything when/if Palace sell him is beyond me.

£25m is a lot of money for somebody with his goal scoring record. He's a joy to watch and excites but he's hardly an Owen/Fowler/Shearer/Vardy/Kane is he? I'd be surprised if he ever hits 15 goals a PL season.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 10:24 am

His not like a out & out central striker like those mentioned by suffers above his more of a winger come striker..be very lucky to get 10 a season
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 10:56 am

I suppose Ryan Giggs was the archetypal player of his ilk. Here's his goal scoring record:

1, 7, 11, 17, 4, 12, 5, 9, 10, 7, 7, 9, 14, 8, 8, 5, 6, 4, 4, 7, 4, 4, 5, 0

... so 10 goals would be pretty good.

I guess at the peak of his powers Giggs would have been a £75m player in today's market so in that context £25m for Bolassie seems about right.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 11:56 am

Seems a strange move to me, Everton isn't much (if any) of a step up from Palace.
He's moving away from his London roots, so this move must purely be for the money.

Good luck to him, certainly his career has exceeded my expectations when I saw him at Truro in 2009 in a pre-season friendly. He got ear ache from Shane White all afternoon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Seems a strange move to me, Everton isn't much (if any) of a step up from Palace.
He's moving away from his London roots, so this move must purely be for the money.

Good luck to him, certainly his career has exceeded my expectations when I saw him at Truro in 2009 in a pre-season friendly. He got ear ache from Shane White all afternoon

Everton have ambition and with their new owner will be looking to make a serious dent in the top 10. Palace are treading water, a 1-0 home defeat to West Brom who are also expected to struggle hardly the best start to the season. There are also doubts about the managers capability to get the team out of a rut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 12:20 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Pafcintheplace wrote:

Everton have ambition and with their new owner will be looking to make a serious dent in the top 10. Palace are treading water, a 1-0 home defeat to West Brom who are also expected to struggle hardly the best start to the season. There are also doubts about the managers capability to get the team out of a rut.

I agree, particularly about Pards, but expected if he left Palace, it would have been to an established top 6 club.

Great signing for Everton, I'm so used to them being a 'skint' mid table Prem club - this type of signing definitely signals the start of a new era at Goodison.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Pafcintheplace wrote:

I agree, particularly about Pards, but expected if he left Palace, it would have been to an established top 6 club.

Great signing for Everton, I'm so used to them being a 'skint' mid table Prem club - this type of signing definitely signals the start of a new era at Goodison.

I think he got found out at Newcastle, great to begin with but then the players stop listening to him and so its proved at Palace. They haven't spent much this summer which could be down to a lack of faith in the manager, although I see they have been in for Benteke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 4:27 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Pafcintheplace wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Pafcintheplace wrote:

I think he got found out at Newcastle, great to begin with but then the players stop listening to him and so its proved at Palace. They haven't spent much this summer which could be down to a lack of faith in the manager, although I see they have been in for Benteke.

Palace haven't spent much, although Mandanda from Marseille on a free could be a great bit of business. I've seen that guy pull off some of the best goalkeeping performances I've ever witnessed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bolasie to everton    Bolasie to everton  Empty

Back to top Go down

Bolasie to everton
Page 1 of 1