Angry
Tgwu
Czarcasm
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Lewis Warrington signs from Everton Empty
PostSubject: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 5:02 pm

Season long loan.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 5:02 pm

Lewis Warrington has joined Argyle.

The midfielder has signed for the Pilgrims on a season-long loan from Everton, becoming the seventh signing of the summer for manager Steven Schumacher.

Birkenhead-born Lewis, 20, has been part of Everton’s pre-season preparations, including playing 45 minutes in the Toffees’ 0-0 draw against Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday night.

Warrington, an energetic midfielder, is a lifelong Everton fan, and has been with the club since the age of six. He played three times for Everton’s Under-21 side in the EFL Trophy in 2021/22, then later that season had a loan spell at Tranmere Rovers, playing 17 times for them in Sky Bet League Two.

In August 2022, Lewis made his senior Everton debut, coming on as a 64th-minute substitute in a game away to Fleetwood Town. Within two weeks, he was running out at Highbury Stadium again, this time with a Fleetwood shirt on, having signed for the Cod Army on Deadline Day.

Lewis played 44 times for Fleetwood, including 39 starts, scoring one goal, as Town finished 13th in League One last season.

“I’m very pleased to welcome Lewis to Argyle for this season,” said Schumacher. “He had a very good season in League One with Fleetwood last year, and I am very confident he will replicate that in the Championship with us.

“He is a very energetic midfielder, full of running, who will complement our style of play perfectly, and add to our options in that area of the pitch.”

Director of Football Neil Dewsnip said: “Lewis is a highly-rated product of the Everton Academy, and should be a perfect fit for what we are trying to achieve at Argyle this season.

“I’ve known Lewis since he was an under-9 at Everton and have kept an eye on his progression throughout his career. I know what he is capable of and am pleased we have to have been able to bring him to Argyle.

“We have had great success in recent seasons with young, hungry, talented loan players joining us, and we look forward to Lewis adding to that list.”

Lewis will have his home shirt sponsored by C&D Electrical Plus and his away shirt will be sponsored by Plymouth Fire Protection.

The deal is subject to EFL approval.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 5:23 pm

welcome to this guy which helps boost our midfield options no end. Not seen much of him to be honest so i look forward to seeing what he will do and the endless we should sign him on a perm posts all season long.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 5:37 pm

Not seen much of either hopefully he can step up to Championship the club obviously think he can do a job me personally would like a couple loans in that have a bit of Championship experience maybe a slightly older head with a bit of Championship experience maybe as well…Anyway welcome to Home park for the season Lewis Warrington
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 5:40 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Not seen much of either hopefully he can step up to Championship the club obviously think he can do a job me personally would like a couple loans in that have a bit of Championship experience maybe a slightly older head with a bit of Championship experience maybe as well…Anyway welcome to Home park for the season Lewis Warrington

given we need 4 more players with another cb 2 strikers and a winger (hopefully azaz)  its a safe bet that 2-3 of those 4 will be loanees and as you say i too hope experience in this league is sort with those signings barr Azaz if he does come back as at the moment we dont have alot of that including with our new signings.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 5:58 pm

Sounds decent. Not a great goalscoring midfielder by the look of it so it'll be interesting to see where he fits in,anchorman alongside Randell maybe. Seems to be well thought of by Everton fans,i suppose they should know a good player when they see one bearing in mind they've had one or two good 'uns over the years

Welcome to South Goodison

Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 6:23 pm

M8s an Evertonian and says good things about him. Good signing
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 7:22 pm

Are there any more Lewis's we can sign from Everton?  Appears decent enough from what I've seen and heard about him.  These young hot prospects are all well and good but Schuey must now bring in some experienced players.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 8:05 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sounds decent. Not a great goalscoring midfielder by the look of it so it'll be interesting to see where he fits in,anchorman alongside Randell maybe. Seems to be well thought of by Everton fans,i suppose they should know a good player when they see one bearing in mind they've had one or two good 'uns over the years

Welcome to South Goodison

none of which make it there and move on to be stars unfortunate for their fans.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 8:57 pm

Well there’s a lot of good chat about this one, we’ll see in a few weeks time, squad’s shaping up nicely
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 3:33 pm

Welcome to HP Lewis, may your time here be fruitful.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 3:35 pm

Graiser wrote:
Well there’s a lot of good chat about this one, we’ll see in a few weeks time, squad’s shaping up nicely

According to BBC red button Devon news, Shuey saying there is no hurry for getting in a new striker as yet. That will change when needed.

As for Azaz :- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 3:48 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:

According to BBC red button Devon news, Shuey saying there is no hurry for getting in a new striker as yet. That will change when needed.

call me a old synic but that normally means in manager football speak ..they ain’t got a striker lined up yet with time running out
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 4:23 pm

Schuey has played a pretty shrewd hand so far.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 6:20 pm

RegGreen wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:

call me a old synic but that normally means in manager football speak ..they ain’t got a striker lined up yet with time running out

I would hope they have got a target in mind, Hardie and Waine as only up fronts in the Championship is a tad light.

I know we have other position players that can score and that is good. A new striker - who can bang them in willy-nilly -  though would definitely add to the squad.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lewis Warrington signs from Everton   Lewis Warrington signs from Everton Empty

Back to top Go down

Lewis Warrington signs from Everton
Page 1 of 1