harvetheslayer
Flat_Track_Bully
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
argyl3

argyl3

Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 6:44 pm

I have got total faith in Derek's abilities to manage a team with ability but when he is hamstrung by having to bulk buy on a ##[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] budget because of new rules, what can the poor guy do? Personally I think he was mad to sign up for another four years.. but then again it's a guaranteed salary for him and all he needs to do is keep us mid to upper table for four years like Brent wants him to do, cause Brent cannot afford to sack him can he?? That would cost money..
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 6:45 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I think it's all a conspiracy designed to take our attention away from the £1.6 million Brent has found down the back of the sofa.
move along nothing to see here :pighug:
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 6:46 pm

If he buys the leasehold while we are in league two he can save more money by knocking down the mayflower and leaving us with a three sided kassam style stadium.. leaving more room for his hotel, ice rink rubbish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 6:49 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
I think it's all a conspiracy designed to take our attention away from the £1.6 million Brent has found down the back of the sofa.
As long as he's got £17,000 odd for the end of September, and pays up promptly (well at least within the 3 week delay we've had over the past 5 years) then the October half term will be a celebration no matter what.

Fingers crossed mate.
Oh i'm 100% that he'll come through and make the final repayment.
I can then be done with all this nonsense and really get stuck in. Rant Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 6:58 pm

I see the kids are laying into del bhey rather than look at the real problem james brent and martyn starnes
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 8:40 pm

argyl3 wrote:
If he buys the leasehold while we are in league two he can save  more money by knocking down the mayflower and leaving us with a three sided kassam style stadium..  leaving more room for his hotel, ice rink rubbish

More starvation of funds could lead to another admin, liquidation & then hey presto, some nice brown field land to sell. Allegedly.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 10:01 pm

No need to panic, Its very early days i will be an interested observer on tuesday...........
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 10:06 pm

Another stub for the collection!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 10:09 pm

Adams is starting to sound like that Iraqi Information Minister during the gulf war...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When every unbiased report and eyewitness feedback says we were shite, again, then that only serves to make Adams look like a dick in denial.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 10:10 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Reading on the Politburo that the Pieman was back to his abusive best at Carlisle..... Handbags

Sums Argyle up to a tee. Other clubs have genuine celebrity fans. Ffs even Exeter has Chris Martin.

What have we got? A morbidly obese chav who struggles to employ English as even a second language, who once appeared on a reality TV show that jumped the shark 10 years ago.

Pieface, if you're reading this - you're a Cnut son. Grow up .
At this juncture I have to declare an interest and leave the room.

How come, BBC1? Relation of yours?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 10:40 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Throbbber suggesting 10-15 games utter berk. You could add a zero onto those figures and this lame bunch of  Moffies and Crocks still wont get a victory.

Everybody always says 10-15 games in, myself included.

I am not too bothered by the awful start, if after so many games have been played and Argyle find themselves points adrift at the wrong end of the table, then that is the time to be annoyed.

Soooner or later this team will click and win a game or two, just a question of when.

I think the 10-15 games thing is fair enough. But surely everything depends on where you are after those first 15 games when the squad is still gelling:

- If Argyle find themselves with 10 points after those 15 games, then they're needing to go at 2pts a game for the rest of the season to have a chance of getting in the playoffs and virtually no chance of automatic promotion.

- If they have 20 points after 15 games, then they need 50-55 from the remaining 30 to make the playoffs, or 2pts a games to be in with an outside chance of automatic promotion.

- If they have 25 points plus, then they will be in the mix for the playoffs and, with a nicely gelled squad ticking over, a chance of a run at automatic promotion.

So just to say 'we'll see after 10-15 games' isn't enough, because by that stage Argyle could be well off the pace for automatic promotion or even the playoffs.

The point is that a squad of players with proven L2 ability & track record (or even, let's go mad, L1 quality), would be likely to pick up more points than the, let's say, eclectic bunch that Adams has put together on the cheap (many things point to that being true), even during the time it takes for the squad to gel.

Furthermore, Argyle have lost several players who were proven performers at this level for nothing. This was due, at least in part, to cheapo 1-year contracts. Had those proven players remained, there would be less need for a gelling period and a side firing on all cylinders more quickly. So it is arguably sensible to give this squad the 10-15 game period, but the nub of the question is that this could have been avoided if the club was being run correctly and with the financial resources that attendances should allow. So I can fully understand people who are frustrated and angry now, because Argyle could and damn well should have been in a situation to avoid a disjointed 10-15 game start to the season.

Sorry for the long post. A couple of questions to finish:

- How many points do you think Argyle will have after 15 games?

- How much work can Argyle leave themselves to do in the last 31 games to reach 75-80pts minimum?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 10:41 pm

I don't think that Argyle will get more than 25pts from the first 15 games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 10:52 pm

Three games, three shots on target in total. Maybe this might help

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 11:06 pm

I think it's all about the team having time to gell, I reckon they will come good after about forty games. Razz
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 11:08 pm

Angry wrote:
I see the kids are laying into del bhey rather than look at the real problem james brent and martyn starnes

Munters!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 4:55 am

GOS photo 71 ............Gary Miller and his son.........and pieface ?

What a pile of village crap the club has become.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 9:41 am

Tringreen wrote:

Yes that's Pieface giving it large to a toddler. What a hero.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 10:18 am

Homeslice wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Back page photo on the Sunday Independent today too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 10:21 am

charleymouse wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Reading on the Politburo that the Pieman was back to his abusive best at Carlisle..... Handbags

Sums Argyle up to a tee. Other clubs have genuine celebrity fans. Ffs even Exeter has Chris Martin.

What have we got? A morbidly obese chav who struggles to employ English as even a second language, who once appeared on a reality TV show that jumped the shark 10 years ago.

Pieface, if you're reading this - you're a Cnut son. Grow up .
At this juncture I have to declare an interest and leave the room.

How come, BBC1? Relation of yours?
Not a relation mate, no.
Jack is a friend, I've travelled with him on the Bananabus for a few games.
You can try and give someone the benefit of your experience of life, and following football, and to tell them the mistakes you've made, but sometimes they have to learn the hard way themselves.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 12:18 pm

Very sad.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 12:21 pm

Last pic on gos shows the bloke who walked to the game...........lives in carlisle.lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 1:21 pm

Elias wrote:
Last pic on gos shows the bloke who walked to the game...........lives in carlisle.lol
A top bloke too.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 1:23 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Needs a banning order before someone chins hims I know I would if i had to listen to his shite all match
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 1:33 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Elias wrote:
A top bloke too.

John chuka? Travels all over, good bloke
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 4:36 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Elias wrote:
A top bloke too.

John chuka? Travels all over, good bloke

Chuku. Good friend of mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle vs Argyle   Carlisle vs Argyle - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carlisle vs Argyle
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next