Tgwu
Sir Francis Drake
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 9:39 pm

that's one way to circumvent the swear checker, you fecker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 9:43 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 Foot_m10

Terrible.

Who writes D's as triangles in this day and age? bloody illiterate and racist fools.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 11:44 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:
as i havent seen it post the pic Smile

It may cause offence.

Is ATD able to cope or will I get into more grief?

Why would cause offence?

Oh I know, you're playing the poor me, the victim, card.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 7:16 am

Sorry I didn't make myself clear with my post last night.

What I should have said was...

Why would showing the picture cause offence?

Of course it is offensive that some knuckle dragging moron would deface this and I hope whoever did this is caught and punished accordingly.

But as far as I am concerned the OP has started this thread not only to highlight the vandalism which is perfectly correct and right but has also cheapened it by trying to push his agenda of being the victim of abuse from others on here.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 7:59 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

But as far as I am concerned the OP has started this thread not only to highlight the vandalism which is perfectly correct and right but has also cheapened it by trying to push his agenda of being the victim of abuse from others on here.

I agree...   Except it's not "abuse".  It's constructive criticism.

...and fully warranted and deserved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 8:28 am

And two of the newly hateful don't like the truth of what is happening out there being shown. You just can't resist it.
Michael Foot is a well loved fan of the club, and such a thing has every right to be reported on an Argyle fans forum.
I've had enough of this place. It's been stinking for quite some time.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 8:42 am

I've no idea who you are on about but will assume one of them is me. Where have I said about not showing the photo or anything anywhere else about not showing racism up for what it is.

The truth is you can't.

Your post has nothing to do with the subjects here and everything to do with your ideology of how the world should be according to you.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 9:34 am

The photo on sky new this morning
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 9:40 am

Lord Biro wrote:
And two of the newly hateful don't like the truth of what is happening out there being shown. You just can't resist it.
Michael Foot is a well loved fan of the club, and such a thing has every right to be reported on an Argyle fans forum.

Try making it ATD Light. Works for me Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 9:43 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I've no idea who you are on about but will assume one of them is me. Where have I said about not showing the photo or anything anywhere else about not showing racism up for what it is.

The truth is you can't.

This is the sort of hate you've been posting of late.

the goat wrote:
 I want to watch Italy feck up. I want to see cnuts like Germany and France hurt because of money troubles in the eu because I will know that we will be well out of it and that they deserve everything coming to them.

I want real pain for them for the way they and the eu big knobs like tusk have tried to bully us into staying.

As a neutral in the EU debate, I am appalled at the hate rising in some peoples' hearts . Has it ever dawned on you, troubles over there will be troubles over here, in or out of the bleddy  EU ? . It has always been thus. Just how are you so sure SFD's post was all to do with an ongoing spat ? You can't be. Just more bullying of a poster pointing out a dreadful thing regarding Michael Foot.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 10:14 am

Tringreen wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

Works for us too Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 10:31 am

the media whores and would do "anything" for votes except work mr's tudor evans and chaz singh are creaming themselves silly over the fact they helped powerwashed the stone today. However given the weather that writing would have come off pretty much by the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 10:39 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

Works for us too Very Happy

Another poster asked me the other day why I wasn't posting much and whether I wasn't happy with the mod team. I'm much too thick skinned to let anything like that deter me from posting.
More than a little bored with Argiggle and football in general nowadays. Reckon I've just about made my point over the last 10 years and it's maybe time to move on.

Most of the disaffection I perceive on here these days is created by political/personality differences and nothing to do with Argiggle and why we really exist as a forum.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 10:54 am

But if all we talked about/or were allowed to talk about was Argyle related dross this place would be boredom personified, particularly during the close season. The diversity of topics and the opposing views of posters is what makes this place tick imo. Have you read free chat, pasoti or 606 recently? Sleep
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:10 am

Lord Biro wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

The truth is you can't.

This is the sort of hate you've been posting of late.

the goat wrote:
 I want to watch Italy feck up. I want to see cnuts like Germany and France hurt because of money troubles in the eu because I will know that we will be well out of it and that they deserve everything coming to them.

I want real pain for them for the way they and the eu big knobs like tusk have tried to bully us into staying.

As a neutral in the EU debate, I am appalled at the hate rising in some peoples' hearts . Has it ever dawned on you, troubles over there will be troubles over here, in or out of the bleddy  EU ? . It has always been thus. Just how are you so sure SFD's post was all to do with an ongoing spat ? You can't be. Just more bullying of a poster pointing out a dreadful thing regarding Michael Foot.

As I said earlier it is right for him to highlight what has been done to the memorial but the thread also has everything to do with the ongoing spat as you call it.

SFD wrote:
It may cause offence.

Is ATD able to cope or will I get into more grief?

Yes one of the words written is offensive and that is why it is in the spell checker but we are all adults.

SFD wrote:
I've been accused of being provocative.

This is a very provocative picture.

I just want to toe the line.

Yes it is a very provocative picture and the memorial is to someone much loved for his ideals and the way he conducted himself in life.

The second line is all about the 'woe is me' card that he constantly plays.

As for my post you have quoted about the eu, I have absolutely no regrets in writing it.

I detest the eu for what it has done to Greece and its people. The hardships that Germany, ECB and the other euro members have caused the people of that country. The destruction of a once proud country which is almost completely ruined. The ordinary people queuing at soup kitchens. Ordinary people with their life savings gone. Ordinary people in their 30's and 40's having to live with their parents because they have nowhere else to live. The Ordinary people driven to suicide because they have nothing left to live for.

I not saying that Greece is blameless for the situation they find themselves but the eu and the ECB allowed them and other countries to cook the books so they could join the Euro. To be part of the great project.

The eu has destroyed jobs across Europe for the young, middle aged and old a like.

Almost every day you bang on about how the ordinary people are downtrodden by the elite of this country and what we should do to make it better but you don't give a shit about ordinary people across Europe struggling to survive!

A neutral in the eu debate!

Sticking up for the ordinary people, don't make me laugh. Only when it suits you and in my book that makes you no better than Blair or Geldof.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:22 am

Well I have been asked not to patronise, condescend or provoke.

Since all of these are subjective judgements they are pretty much impossible to comply with.

As I have suggested I can't even post something as uncontroversial as the correct time without being subjected to ad hominem attacks. (Ad hominem attacks that are continuing on this very thread.)

All I have done here is try to gauge in advance whether it was acceptable, in the light of my recent contact with the mods, to post something that is damned well obviously offensive and provocative because the only reason to perpetrate such an act of minor terrorism is to outrage and provoke.

If you're angrier about me posting it than you are about the vandalism itself then I don't really know what to say to you.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:54 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Well I have been asked not to patronise, condescend or provoke.

Since all of these are subjective judgements they are pretty much impossible to comply with.

As I have suggested I can't even post something as uncontroversial as the correct time without being subjected to ad hominem attacks. (Ad hominem attacks that are continuing on this very thread.)

All I have done here is try to gauge in advance whether it was acceptable, in the light of my recent contact with the mods, to post something that is damned well obviously offensive and provocative because the only reason to perpetrate such an act of minor terrorism is to outrage and provoke.

If you're angrier about me posting it than you are about the vandalism itself then I don't really know what to say to you.

Once again, we have a thread which should be about the mindless act of vandalism against one of the City's and PAFC's favourite sons. Instead it descends into all about the original poster. I've yet to decide whether someone could be quite so narcissistic as to do this as frequently as SFD appears to do, or whether he doesn't realise he's actually doing it.

Responding to the quoted post, being patronising, condescending or provoking are all, to an extent, subjective judgements. But for a supposedly 'intelligent' poster, I can't quite believe that you are not aware that you are patronising, condescending or provoking when posting. Self moderation has been talked about on this forum, that is clearly something which escapes you.

Your posting of the correct time, is quite simply ridiculous and attention seeking and has not been tolerated by the mods.

Again, trying to gauge in advance whether something is acceptable is a good thing generally, but argues against your 'intelligent' status. Are you really not aware in your own mind whether something is acceptable to post on a forum? If I could offer some advice on the subject, then I would say if there is any doubt in your mind over the acceptability then do not post it. But then, that depends on whether you're posting simply for reaction. Which, these days, is known as trolling - which could be another discussion for the mods.

In the meantime, your attitude to this forum seems to be to cause as much grief as possible. You're a grown man. Have a word with yourself.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 12:28 pm

All cleaned up now. If it alright with the Mods to post a link No

http://bcove.me/ok1lgoo7

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 12:39 pm

Here's a wider view of the monument.

Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 Cmg26xxXgAAbcAu
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 5:03 pm

Angry wrote:
the media whores and would do "anything" for votes except work mr's tudor evans and chaz singh are creaming themselves silly over the fact they helped powerwashed the stone today. However given the weather that writing would have come off pretty much by the end of the day.
Perhaps I can message Tudor Evans and try and get the fecking grass cut on the KGV playing field down here!
Tried going for a kickabout with my lad yesterday and twas like playing in a meadow.
Honestly, fecking councils. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 5:35 pm

judging by the sentiments expressed it was probably done in crayon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 6:14 pm

What a sad thread this is, defacing any memorial is disgusting and the subsequent fall out is quite sad really.
Don't what the perceived issue was in posting it, there's worse being written on ATD than the disgusting defacement of that memorial.

Bleddy people who did this need gelding as does that woman up country who pissed on a war memorial - gits
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 6:31 pm

Graiser wrote:
What a sad thread this is, defacing any memorial is disgusting and the subsequent fall out is quite sad really.
Don't what the perceived issue was in posting it, there's worse being written on ATD than the disgusting defacement of that memorial.

Bleddy people who did this need gelding as does that woman up country who pissed on a war memorial - gits
whats worse thats been written on ATD?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 6:56 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:

whats worse thats been written on ATD?

I'm referring to the fruity language not the defacement
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 7:11 pm

I think you'll find it was the fascist nazi defacement that concerned SFD, not the cnut thing, although in context it made it worse.
Of course, my quite correct referring on here of a murder of one of our MPs as a right wing fascist murder,  brought unwarranted abuse down on my shoulders. That should have been jumped on by the moderators, but they didn't.
It's become quite difficult to know just what's going on with this forum and it's users, and it hasn't been good of late at all. Given my experience, I quite understand SFD's reticence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised   Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Foot Memorial Vandalised
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next