tigertony
Les Miserable
Tgwu
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE Empty
PostSubject: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 11:58 am

Nelson, who has made 246 appearances for the Pilgrims, Reid, Kelvin Mellor and Tyler Harvey have all rejected terms offered to them and will leave the Green Army.

Speaking to the media this morning, Adams said: "Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey have decided to not accept the terms that were here and decided to move on.

From Brent herald
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:01 pm

Strange feeling but I can't get particularly worked up about all of them leaving
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:11 pm

Thankyou and goodbye. Perfectly understandable from Nelson's pov having secured a pre contract agreement with a Championship club. No idea where Reid will end up but non league beckons for Mellor and Harvey.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:40 pm

Graiser wrote:
Strange feeling but I can't get particularly worked up about all of them leaving
My thoughts entirely. Nelson was error prone, RR is injury prone, Kelvin M 50/50 (but he was always committed and certainly if I was him reading some of the derisory and disgusting comments on sites I'd go as well) and Harvey is a ''taxi'' job (one way - Truro is nice this time of year) Sure Nelse will sign elsewhere above Lge 2 and RR will probably land somewhere in Lge 2. Onwards
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Will probably be greeted by vast swathes of Argyle fans with the usual spurned lover response of I don't care, when actually they mean quite the opposite. Quite clearly the contracts offered were appalling considering what other clubs are offering players who took the eye last season in L2.
Reid, of course, was always thinking of pootling off, and clearly his playing off Portsmouth against Plymouth hasn't worked, or has it, and he's moving to Pompey on a much better deal ?

It really is back to the drawing board for poor old Delboy , apart from his two personally loyal players, Carey and Jervis, and they'll be gone within 12 months if the team takes a dive, which is now eminently possible. All is now clear why the team just didn't turn up on occasion. They couldn't care less.
If things start badly, shorely the knives should be out for Brent, especially when he reveals he's going to buy the stadium with money he patently won't spend in getting the team promoted.
But I doubt it, this city doesn't do insurrection. Green army !
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:45 pm

I think those 4 will be hard to replace.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:48 pm

A fully fit and focused Reid would be an asset for an club in our league, and probably the one above too, so he's a big loss. Nelson has great athleticism, but as a defender in division 4, Hartley will prove to be the bigger loss, for me. Mellor has been the weak link all season and is no loss at all. Harvey could well make it at another club given a chance as he's a very natural finisher. McHugh re-signing is the biggest bonus though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:49 pm

It's not happening Frank ... they were hopeless, worse than useless, can replace them anytime for a joey.
Les has got his fingers in his ears, and Tone is whistling down the street, slapping his newspaper against his thigh. Not happening. jocolor
Plymouth.... the village with 5,000 idiots.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:53 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
It's not happening Frank ... they were hopeless, worse than useless, can replace them anytime for a joey.
Les has got his fingers in his ears, and Tone is whistling down the street, slapping his newspaper against his thigh. Not happening. jocolor

lol Because I don't think Mellor or Harvey are up to much? Isn't it amazing what you can garner from listening to the radio.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:56 pm

Lord Biro wrote:

I think all 4 offer something at this level and that all 4 were always going to be predictably capable.

I don't blame Harvey for going. He's never really been given much chance and he has bags of talent. Whether he has it mentally is another matter. The move will be good for him.

Reid going is much worse. Twice he's scored 20 goals in a season for us. Say what you will but take that out of any team and a huge hole remains.

Mellor I never thought was half as bad as was popularly made out. Without him we always looked horribly unbalanced but the boo boys were on to him and his departure is probably for the best all round.

Very, very disappointed about Nelson but his departure has been on the cards since before Christmas and his decision to go was made a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 1:17 pm

Nice to talk about football for change SF
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 1:21 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Nice to talk about football for change SF

There's been nothing to talk about for ages.

I've got little to say about the new payers because I don't know anything about them. I've only even heard of one of them.

I could spill the beans about Nelson now but that'd probably only bring even more abuse onto me so why should i?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 1:25 pm

I think it better to keep out of it myself. Off for a lie down wife gone into town
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 1:27 pm

Look out Dagenham Newport York, Jimmy's coming for your reject missfits!! i'm sure we wont miss Nelson or Roobs, loads of good players want to trek to the middle of nowhere for a few hundred quid a week.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 2:14 pm

Reid and Nelson are big losses, even with the various question marks over them. Mellor and Harvey are eminently replaceable. Good luck to them, but I'll be surprised if both are playing league football next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 2:32 pm

I can only hope the strikers we signed can score the same amount of goals or more than Reid has for us over the last 3 seasons. I equally hope the defenders we signed can put in a shift like nelson or better. They are big losses but not totally irreplaceable with the right players.

i thank Nelson, Reid and Harvey too for all their services to the club over the years and i wish those 3 all the best in all their future endeavours.

but not mellor, mellor can feck of

Last edited by Angry on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 2:36 pm

If it's just possible to be objective.

Reuben's been awesome but he's picked up 2 injuries in the last 2 seasons which we could argue affected our promotion prospects, if he stayed then great, was he worth offering him a similar contract as before ?I'm not sure about that.

Nelson good servant, great if he stayed but he was never staying whatever happened, so move on.

Mellor, some good games but to error prone, no loss

Tyler, he had to move on, no loss
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 3:50 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Post-op now M'Lord. Its not my newspaper I'm slapping against my thigh. cheers
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 4:45 pm

Nelson is a loss but I hope the 3 cb's we have signed can offer something- if Songo'o recaptured the form he showed at Ross County could be a monster (I'm hoping he isn't Taribo West mk2)

A fully fit Reid is also a loss, but he does seem to be suffering a lot of injuries and Pedlar , on the farm, said he recently failed a medical at Bristol Rovers so he possibly still has issues.

Mellor is an average lg2 rb- some good games, some bad and I don't see as a loss.

Harvey could be a great player, but I never saw it at Argyle. For someone who was so prolific at youth level I would have expected more goals- generally looked weak and slow. But a number of championship clubs have shown interest in him so perhaps they can unlock his potential.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 4:47 pm

Looks like it's going to be interesting in pre-season watching all the new players gel together.
Starting next Saturday of course, at St Blazey.
The DRF are going to be there (before going to Eden Project to watch the Manics in the evening)
Any other ATDers going next week?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 6:07 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Reid and Nelson are big losses, even with the various question marks over them. Mellor and Harvey are eminently replaceable.  Good luck to them, but I'll be surprised if both are playing league football next season.

As I understand it Harvey has been offered terms higher up the leagues. We'll soon see.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 6:29 pm

Wouldn't surprise me at all if a club higher than us gave Harvey a chance. He is without doubt a gifted natural finisher, but for whatever reason Adams didn't trust him enough to give him a proper run of games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me at all if a club higher than us gave Harvey a chance. He is without doubt a gifted natural finisher, but for whatever reason Adams didn't trust him enough to give him a proper run of games.

Not just Del Bhey, Fletcher and Shezza too. There were some games i watched him play where i got the impression he didnt give a feck and i think the managers in question got that vibe from him in training and his cameo appearances regardless to his alleged talent.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 10:33 am

Yep. All the talent in the world won't help if you lack the application. See Darren Bastow, for an extreme example. Hopefully Harvey gets the kick up the arse he needs, because there are definitely flashes of ability.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 10:40 am

BBC1 wrote:
Looks like it's going to be interesting in pre-season watching all the new players gel together.
Starting next Saturday of course, at St Blazey.
The DRF are going to be there (before going to Eden Project to watch the Manics in the evening)
Any other ATDers going next week?

I may well pop along, General. Maybe we could have a Diet Coke in the clubhouse lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE   Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE Empty

Back to top Go down

Curtis Nelson, Kelvin Mellor. Reuben Reid and Tyler Harvey GONE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next