Chemical Ali
Tgwu
Les Miserable
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 3:20 pm

lol is best I can come up with
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 3:34 pm

Didn't the stupid Cnut Starnes put out some bollocks sound bite recently about how he and Adams were going about their business and he was being careful with announcing anything so as not to alert other teams until deals were signed?

Then what does he do? Basically in real terms announce to the football world that if they'd care to chance their arm over the weekend, they may still be able be able to snatch the yet-to-have-actually-signed-a-feckin-contract Carl McHugh.

Rank amateur Twats.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 3:37 pm

As a barometer on the Howmuchdoigiveafuck-ometer scale, this has shown to me that I do still actually care, because I'm fuckin livid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 4:06 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
As a barometer on the Howmuchdoigiveafuck-ometer scale, this has shown to me that I do still actually care, because I'm fuckin livid.
I sort of know where you're coming from.
After the England debacle, I was coming around to the fact that my decision made in the spring, and reinforced with the Wembley defeat, that less Argyle this season would be the way to go, has now been kicked in the ball bag.
Never bothering to watch England ever again.
And my visits to Home Park this season will be few and very far between. confused
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 4:14 pm

Shambles. Complete and utter shambles.

Big loss that.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 4:19 pm

A disaster!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 4:19 pm

Who will the club blame, some anonymous poster on twitter?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 4:26 pm

Do we receive a fee? as he is only 23
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 4:35 pm

My worry is the shit conditions imposed on Adams is making him look like an idiot. And he doesn't deserve that. He's done exceptionally well here since he came, given the circumstances, and moved mountains in my opinion to keep Carey at the club.
If I were him, I would start planning for a new job as soon as this contract ends.. Start putting out feelers and making contacts. If he's not careful, and this season goes badly, that clown Brent will ruin his career. I think he's  bit naive in the ways of employers, as was shown at Ross County. Very admirable, but unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 4:37 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Interesting Suspect some might say that that's why his 'availability' was advertised.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Doesn't he have to have come thru the ranks for us to be eligible for a fee?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 5:06 pm

Did we pay a fee when he came here? That might answer any question as to how much Motherwell will cough up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 5:09 pm

And yes, it's a feck-up, wrapped in an omnishambles, tied up with a complete tits-up. I'd love to know who the genius was who decided that because McHughs agent scribbled the time of the next meeting on the back of a fag packet, that was sufficient to announce that he was staying. Written agreement my arse. A signed contract is all that matters. Can't believe the fans are online today telling the Chief Executive and Club Secretary how to do their jobs properly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 5:12 pm

Would have done, if we'd had him contracted for another year. But then can't imagine Motherwell being able to afford a fee.
I remember Brent classically stating the obvious last year that he had finally twigged that if you just keep on trucking in football, one season you just get lucky.
What he hasn't realised is if you get lucky with a player that comes your way, a really good player, not McHugh, he has to be contracted to you, so as to make a lot of dosh when he leaves. Secondly, when you storm up the league out of the blue, you have to just open the tap a little to get over a line that is begging to be crossed.
He's no entrepreneur, more a Philip Green who transfers money around, that we may yet see the damage of later down the line.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 5:12 pm

Surely the real question is why wasn't he signed up at Christmas?

Letting a good, young, reliable player like McHugh escape is no way to to run a club or build a team.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 5:18 pm

Adams' stated ambition to build a club down here is directly opposite to the company culture of offering 12 month contracts to players. It just can't be done. It's bull. It's counter productive. Any business guru will tell you that, let alone a sensible person.

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 5:31 pm

I'm sure a player would even take a slightly smaller salary if it was guaranteed income for two years.... we seem to be building a club only we seem to be building it every single season.....
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 5:38 pm

I've been calling the Brent Regime Clowns because thats what they are! I bet Yankeeee Si is glad he invested his money with Jimmy the Joker!!!! Brent wont take Argyle anywhere but down.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 6:02 pm

PatDunne wrote:
I'm sure a player would even take a slightly smaller salary if it was guaranteed income for two years.... we seem to be building a club only we seem to be building it every single season.....

What is bizarre is that you could comfortably offer McHugh a two if not three year contract, because there is no risk with him. It isn't as if you are not sure he will make the grade.

Never ceases to amaze how Argyle can so consistently get things so hopelessly wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 6:20 pm

Until a contract is signed you havent done shit Argyle as in all walks of life.

Carl is a bit of a snake for going back on his word but he hasnt don't anything technically wrong by agreeing a better contract with Motherwell over the weekend and signing with them over coming here monday to sign the deal he agreed too.

Big blow to lose a player like him. Another talisman of our squad that got us to Wembley choosing to leave over staying here but its no shock that they choose to walk if all this clubs ambition shows is 1 year contracts to top players, noambition and zero investment in the squad. Players are ambitious as the fans are they wont achieve shit here sadly under brent and they know it.

Del Bhey and Carey will go soon i feel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 6:30 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Surely the real question is why wasn't he signed up at Christmas?

Letting a good, young, reliable player like McHugh escape is no way to to run a club or build a team.

You could say the same about a few others. Its Brent and the CEO's incompetence that results in us waiting till the very last minute to offer a deal to these type of players thats pisspoor and only for a year which often means too little and far too late.

Can this please be the season Brent fecks off.

Last edited by Angry on Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 6:35 pm

Never mind, his replacement will be unemployed and desperate so no worries about another Huge Club stepping in to steal our prize....................i blame the Fans geek
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 7:30 pm

Argyles announcement included ''in writing'' so Argyle could take legal action and insist he is our player. I won't hold my breath waiting for that because somewhere in this mess is a little porky at worst or a play on words at best.
I can imagine Carey & McLiar were offered a similar deal which Carey accepted immediately even though he knew that other clubs would offer him something. It also seems that McLiar had offers from other clubs which he spurned and that fact indicates, possibly, that Argyle's offer was reasonable. Carey thought so! Also SPL wages show that M'Well pay a similar wage to Argyle.
I actually think Argyle have been mugged. Carey gets an offer from Motherwell which is not quite enough (pay, relocation, length?) so says ''I'm off back to Plymouth'' at which stage M'Well manager pins down his chairman and gets the extra bit. Result is McLiar signs for M'Well.
I don't think the club had any contact post Friday until McLiar's agent phoned with the done deal and so there was nothing they could do. (Ignoring the ''in writing'' bit)
However the main problem for me, as with many others on here, is the December fiasco that has come back to bite us. That fiasco is for JB to explain which he won't do. JB needs to communicate and tell us how certain things evolved. He won't!! I think/hope that someone comes in soon to buy the club and take a small risk here and there.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Tone, all that 'in writing' means, is that his agent left a note with Starnes saying "Top o' the morning to you Martin to be sure, to be sure. Yer man Carl will pop back down Monday and sign the contract, so he will."

Or words to that effect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 7:39 pm

the in writing was with his agent carl didnt sign anything so no the club havent got a leg to stand on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell   McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

McHugh Signs a new deal...with Argyle and then Motherwell
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next