akagreengull
Czarcasm
125+1
Chemical Ali
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Suggestions on pasoti that we may sign Romuald Boco from Accrington STanley tonight (subject to passing a medical)- 28 year old Benin international who scores a few goals from the wing-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From what I remember of him this season he looked a tricky/ skilful winger who caused us problems in the first half (at hp) but disappeared in the second.

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:04 pm

The story is on Sky Sports News.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:22 pm

Scored 10 goals last season
Supposed to be a hard worker aswell.

This came out of the blue.

A little patience is all we need.

Were all fretting about the team but its the middle of July if it was middle August I would be really worried.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Just seen on Twitter hes already at home park. Not sure how true that is.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
The story is on Sky Sports News.

The so called sky story is actually from a tweet. Ill wait until I see a proper story before I believe it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Bloody Hell. When was the last time we signed someone that had made double-figures the previous season in the same league ??scratch

Last edited by Czarcasm on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Ten goals in a season that's equivillant to 5 seasons of Feeney scoring, wow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:41 pm

The Saviour may have arrived!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 4:14 pm

Signed-

Argyle Official Site wrote:
The former Accrington Stanley midfielder arrives at Home Park on a one-year deal.

After beginning his career with French side Noirt, Rommy, 28, first came to England in 2005, signing for then Conference side Stanley.

Boco soon became a regular for the Crown Ground side and scored four times as the club completed their long awaited return to league football.

The next season, he scored the Reds’ first goals in the Football League for 44 years, bagging a brace in a 2-1 win over Barnet.

In December 2007, Rommy crossed the Irish Sea to join former Reds team-mate Paul Cook at Premier League side Sligo Rovers.

A hit with the fans, Boco helped the Bit o’Red to Europa League qualification in his first season.

In 2010, he returned to the UK, playing eight times for Burton Albion, but went back to Sligo again at the end of the season.

Another successful year at the Showground culminated in FAI Ford Cup success but, despite this, he could not agree terms on a new deal and left for Chinese outfit Shanghai East Asia.

Incredibly, though, in December 2011, Rommy returned to Sligo Rovers for the third time.

This spell was only to last six months, however, and, at the beginning of last season, he rejoined Stanley.

Last season, Boco made 45 appearances for the club, scoring ten goals. He played the full 90 minutes in both games against the Pilgrims.

An established Benin international, he made his international debut at the 2004 African Nations Cup and has since won more than 40 caps, many as captain of the Squirrels.

Rommy will wear the number 8 shirt.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Jason who?

Welcome Rommy!
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Just watched his You tube round up of last season. Looks like an attacking midfeilder, who can smack the ball with both feet, likes running with the ball, but not selfish.

Inetresting to see him in a full match for the greens, YT vids can often be decieving.

Looks like he could add a few goals to our midfeild though which is more than a positive.

Still looking for that Left Winger and Left back though or are we!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 4:52 pm

Much happier now Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Looks a good one.Good management by Shezza once more,i think Banton was a target but as soon as that had fallen through,he went in and poached another club's best player.10 goals last season,if he can replicate that with Argyle then some problems will have been solved.Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 5:08 pm

In a connected story his parents admitted that they didn't know how to spell Ronald.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Apparently he didn't join Chesterfield as he wanted too much money ( reports vary from 150% payrise to wanting 3 times his current salary). An Accrington fan posted this-

Accy Fan wrote:
As a Stanley fan I'd love to hold on to Rommy for a few reasons.

1. he's a good player and we're short of them - and every May/June/July we become even shorter
2. he's a good guy.

There was a comment a little earlier about his career having not taken off and he's been at a few clubs, I think is as much down to him being a lonely fella who moved around a bit early on due to taking bad advice off people. At Accrington the first time around he was around 19/20 years old and just flown in from somewhere in France. His Engleesh is not gut at this moment in time and he was living in a flat above a launderette in a little towny village called Great Harwood. He used to come into the pub after matches and had a little entourage with him, lady on each arm and he would order
"your goodest champagne Mr Bar keeper"
"six quid Rommy"
That wasn't him being a flash *** in the arrogant way that you might expect Rio Ferdinand to behave, but a young man living the high life on three hundred quid!

He left Accy because he was lonely and wanted to be somewhere that offered more to do. So he went to Sligo! **** knows how they sold him that idea, but it was Cook who did. His career was good there and he continued to play International football for his native Benin. I don't know what happened next but he ended up at Sligo two or three times with spells in China and Burton in between.

This time around at Accy he has got back to loving playing football. He is important to the team and club, the fans love him and he has a settled home life with a young family - I could be entirely wrong but I don't think he really wants to move away. He knows that he could pick up 25-50% more wages at probably 10-15 clubs in the North, but he could spend the last 5 years of his career being unhappy. If its true that he's asked for triple wages at Chesterfield maybe he's taking that into account? We pay roughly half of a players true worth and he's asking for what he's worth and then some more to make it worthwhile, I cant see much wrong with that. By your own admissions you'd be soon on his back if he didn't hit the ground running, and as a confidence player it could destroy him, he then becomes another lightweight midfield player with a good touch and nothing else.

If he does sign for you then look after him please!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Shezza is happy-

Argyle official site wrote:
THE arrival of Rommy Boco at Argyle is a further indication of John Sheridan’s forward planning.

The 28-year-old attacking midfielder is one of a quartet of new signings who illustrates John’s clear intent on taking the Pilgrims’ game to the opposition when the new season kicks off on August 3.

Rommy, who will wear the number eight shirt, joins Lewis Alessandra, Marvin Morgan and Reuben Reid as summer arrivals at Home Park and John said: “I’m very pleased to get him.

“He’s got a good goalscoring record, knows this division, and with things not happening with Jason Banton, I wanted someone to come in who was similar to the way Jason plays.

“I think Rommy fits that criteria very well. He can play left, right and down the middle. He’s very comfortable; has got good feet; runs at people, and he gets a goal.

“I have said that, hopefully, we are going to be attack-minded, and with him, Lewi, Marvin, Reuben and other players who are going to be pushing for the starting positions up front, we are going to be strong and hopefully we are going to start scoring goals.”

Although Rommy come to Home Park three weeks into pre-season training, John has no concerns about his fitness.

The Benin international – and friend of former Pilgrim Reda Johnson – played in the League of Ireland last year before joining Accrington Stanley.

John said: “He played with Sligo in Ireland and, after their season finished, he went to Accrington. I think he played more than 60 games last season, so I don’t think there’s any problems. He looks a fit lad anyway.

“Hopefully, he’ll come in and settle quickly. We need to get him on board and get him in and around the team as quickly as possible. He’s a little bit behind the players but he looks naturally fit.”

Meanwhile, John sent a good luck message to Jason Banton, who played for Argyle in the second half of last season on loan from Crystals Palace.

On Wednesday, Palace loaned Jason to League 1 Milton Keynes, who the Pilgrims play in a friendly on Sunday.

“Everyone knows I was interested in him, but Jason’s gone to MK Dons,” said John. “I wish him all the best there.”

Shez hails Rommy

Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Apparently he didn't join Chesterfield as he wanted too much money ( reports vary from 150% payrise to wanting 3 times his current salary). An Accrington fan posted this-

Accy Fan wrote:
As a Stanley fan I'd love to hold on to Rommy for a few reasons.

1. he's a good player and we're short of them - and every May/June/July we become even shorter
2. he's a good guy.

There was a comment a little earlier about his career having not taken off and he's been at a few clubs, I think is as much down to him being a lonely fella who moved around a bit early on due to taking bad advice off people. At Accrington the first time around he was around 19/20 years old and just flown in from somewhere in France. His Engleesh is not gut at this moment in time and he was living in a flat above a launderette in a little towny village called Great Harwood. He used to come into the pub after matches and had a little entourage with him, lady on each arm and he would order
"your goodest champagne Mr Bar keeper"
"six quid Rommy"
That wasn't him being a flash *** in the arrogant way that you might expect Rio Ferdinand to behave, but a young man living the high life on three hundred quid!

He left Accy because he was lonely and wanted to be somewhere that offered more to do. So he went to Sligo! **** knows how they sold him that idea, but it was Cook who did. His career was good there and he continued to play International football for his native Benin. I don't know what happened next but he ended up at Sligo two or three times with spells in China and Burton in between.

This time around at Accy he has got back to loving playing football. He is important to the team and club, the fans love him and he has a settled home life with a young family - I could be entirely wrong but I don't think he really wants to move away. He knows that he could pick up 25-50% more wages at probably 10-15 clubs in the North, but he could spend the last 5 years of his career being unhappy. If its true that he's asked for triple wages at Chesterfield maybe he's taking that into account? We pay roughly half of a players true worth and he's asking for what he's worth and then some more to make it worthwhile, I cant see much wrong with that. By your own admissions you'd be soon on his back if he didn't hit the ground running, and as a confidence player it could destroy him, he then becomes another lightweight midfield player with a good touch and nothing else.

If he does sign for you then look after him please!
I can't highlight stuff, but, no wonder he wasn't happy living in Great Harwood, got iffy memories of that place. He sounds like he could be good for us.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Boco, Boco sung to Peter Gabriel's Biko

Last edited by seadog on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Are we actually signing him from Accy i.e like a transfer fee? Or is he out of contract there?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:56 pm

He was out of contract.
Back to top Go down
Frankie_Fredericks

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:04 am

Wonder what sort of contract he is on ??
£1500 a week do you reckon ??

What about Luke ?? Similar or more ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:41 pm

crikey ! another decent signing !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle   Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle Empty

Back to top Go down

Romuald Boco Signs 1 year deal with Argyle
Page 1 of 1