Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 7:32 am

The murmurings coming out of Europe continue to reflect a worrying hardening of attitudes. Now the EU trade minister says it's illegal for the EU to negotiate a trade deal with the UK until it has actually exited after 2 years. That would obviously be madness and unobtainable. I hope they're not going to try and do a Greece, as that would harden attitudes here in return.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 8:00 am

Bwing it on, sharpen those pencils geek
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 8:14 am

This also...

Quote :
It is also against EU law for a member to negotiate its own trade deals with outsiders, which means the UK cannot start doing this until after it has left the EU.

Just shows what the eu is like.

feck them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 9:53 am

Lord Biro wrote:
The murmurings coming out of Europe continue to reflect a worrying hardening of attitudes. Now the EU trade minister says it's illegal for the EU to negotiate a trade deal with the UK until it has actually exited after 2 years. That would obviously be madness and unobtainable. I hope they're not going to try and do a Greece, as that would harden attitudes here in return.

It's known as hard ball aka project fear it's still going on. With remainer May favourite to take over no doubt her European chums are doing as many favours as possible to soften us poor saps up for a crapxit. No way are Germany going to standup for us being booted out with feck all trade happening there's too much in it for them. With the trade imbalance we actually are in a stronger position than Europe bargaining wise and Germany are the the actual power in Europe, it's not rocket science.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 9:54 am

Best headline of the referendum so far regarding Boris in the Sun, "Brexecuted!" lol.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 11:38 am

I know he's for Brexit but I couldn't ever see myself warming to Gove the backstabber, he looks like a Third Reich pen pusher Suspect

The only other choices on the Brexit side are Fox and Leadsom, Fox seems reasonable enough and I thought Leadsom did alright in the debates.

From the remain camp we've got May and Crabb, foreshore May will seriously water down the will of the majority on the Brexit negotiations and Crabb is a bit of an unknown quantity although apparently he's not up to speed on the mgbgt issue flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 11:58 am

Crabb is evil, Leavson would be my bet but without our faves Boris, Nigey and Nick Griffen to vote for its a bit of a quandary. Shouldn't be May but probably will be.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 12:03 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I know he's for Brexit but I couldn't ever see myself warming to Gove the backstabber, he looks like a Third Reich pen pusher Suspect

But he has just said that he will bring down immigration, get rid of free movement (not good for me and maybe millions of others having to come back - and we won't be happy!) and..... wait for it.... give the NHS a MAHOOSIVE 100 million pounds per week by........ wait for it..... 2020!!!!!!!!

He said SFA about trade, the economy, jobs etc. He did mention a housing programme however.

Can you really trust and believe what this guy says??

He lied throughout the campaign, stabbed his "best mate" in the back. Whadda guy!!!!

I don't like any of the candidates.

I think once that parties have sorted themselves out a general election is needed.

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

It's known as hard ball aka project fear it's still going on. With remainer May favourite to take over no doubt her European chums are doing as many favours as possible to soften us poor saps up for a crapxit. No way are Germany going to standup for us being booted out with feck all trade happening there's too much in it for them. With the trade imbalance we actually are in a stronger position than Europe bargaining wise and Germany are the the actual power in Europe, it's not rocket science.

As opposed to project lie!

Don't be so sure about that. Also, don't forget the French election in April 17 and the German election in Sep 17.

The only thing we can be 100% sure about at the moment is that Brexit has no clear plan or strategy going forward!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Did anybody else watch question time last night? The main thrust from the audience was WTF is the government, and the Labour party up to? The country needs firm guidance now more than ever and they are having a power struggle. Labour rightly got some shite for having a major domestic when they should be trying to corner the injured Tories and finish them off.
I don't like Russell Kane (I never realised he was a comedian thought he was a teen music presenter he's just not funny at all) but had to agree with him on Corby. He said instead of just sitting back and keeping quiet in the referendum why wasn't he challenging Cameron about what is bad about Europe, the bloated staffing levels, the huge cost of it, the inefficiency of it, the undemocratic nature of it. Very good point I thought and one that's been sidestepped now.
If you listen to people the EU is either as stated above or the absolute pinnacle of democracy, workers rights, fairness and equality. The mantra is "our government bad, massive overpaid and undemocratic government good". It's a feckin farce and no mistake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 12:17 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

As opposed to project lie!

Don't be so sure about that. Also, don't forget the French election in April 17 and the German election in Sep 17.

The only thing we can be 100% sure about at the moment is that Brexit has no clear plan or strategy going forward!

Oh give me strength. Project lie, where do I start? It's not just about the £350m I didn't believe it but it's not nothing, the EU doesn't pay us we pay them they take out all their wages and costs and send some back. Remain lied through their teeth as well, both sides lied mainly cos they are politicians it's their nature, wakey, wakey.
Brexit has no clear plan going forward, yes they do, invoke article 50, ignore the whining vocal MINORITY and get on with it. Unforch you are confusing the 17.5m people who gave the government a clear mandate to do just that with the Tory party who have decided to leave aside the saving of our nation for a bitch fest of a leadership struggle.
The reason that you see no clear plan going forward is because in common with all the losers you don't want to see one, you'd rather see us fall flat on our arses, the markets collapse and everybody suffer a terrible recession just so you can say you were right. It's time to get on with it, man up, head down and stiff upper lip. Willing Armageddon might just make it happen.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 12:37 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
The reason that you see no clear plan going forward is because in common with all the losers you don't want to see one, you'd rather see us fall flat on our arses, the markets collapse and everybody suffer a terrible recession just so you can say you were right. It's time to get on with it, man up, head down and stiff upper lip. Willing Armageddon might just make it happen.

Like much.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Crabb is evil, Leavson would be my bet but without our faves Boris, Nigey and Nick Griffen to vote for its a bit of a quandary. Shouldn't be May but probably will be.

Aye, where's Oswald Mosley when you need him?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 12:55 pm

Invoke Article 50 and get on with it is your plan?

Why so quickly? Surely it must be thought through and planned very carefully!!!!

Or are you afraid that the longer it goes on, the less likely it is to happen?

Anyhow Gove has stated that he would not invoke it this year.

I know that 17 million voted out but how many (for whatever reason) did not vote out?

I say that because you stated that 17 million would not be happy if we remain.
I'm just trying to point out that many more would be unhappy if we leave!

Anyhow, as the time approaches people will become more and more nervous.....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 1:09 pm

We need to get on with it to keep confidence in the markets. The markets don't like uncertainty, business can't do anything about the direction of the country but when they do know they can plan and act accordingly, at the moment everything is on hold which means markets remain volatile and business and therefore market trading uncertain. The whole process will take a year or two, maybe more but with all journeys the first step is the hardest.
Blame the government not the people who quite legitimately voted with their heads and hearts. we've done our bit it's now down to the government to deliver it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Do you think Leave would win a second referendum?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 2:10 pm

Sounds like a Tory mantra. I think this is a good time to remind folk this country is not run by markets and they are not elected by us either. If we always did what they want, we would  be back in the stoneage. They're just a bunch of gamblers and skimmers feeding on the nuts and bolts of reality on the ground.
As was stated by Brexit during the referendum, markets go up, they go down. As long as the basics are sound, everything will balance out. I thought that was fair comment, and one of the few from either side. We've been told there is no long term problem jocolor  

I think it's about time for the parliamentary Brexiteers to man up and get on with it. They must have a plan, mustn't they.It's their gig, no one else's. The nation has been divided and won't be put back together again easily, if at all.I hope the moans aren't the start of 10 years of blaming Europe for everything that happens after Brexit, just as Europe were blamed for 30 years beforehand.
The Brexit leadership as a group since independence day has been worse than Jezza's, and is possibly dangerous..... Not impressed and non partisan of Plymouth.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Yes.

Did you think they would win the first?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 3:51 pm

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Yes.

I wasn't confident either way come the actual vote. I certainly didn't believe the polling.

Prior to it I predicted 55:45 Remain - as I suspect you are aware since someone started a guess the result thread where I posted exactly that.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 3:59 pm

Earlier, I was talking to some English students here who are studying at the local university.

They are devastated by the result. They very much want to remain. They are really hacked of with the oldies!

It was only a brief chat in the English shop, but it got me thinking.

When all of us grumpy old men and woman left school, most of us went to work. Others went to university and the options for studying abroad were limited (mainly by wealth). Travel to Europe was also limited and if people did go, it was to "Little Britain" ("eh, can't do without me fish 'n' chips and a pint") in Spain etc

Nowadays, things have changed. Lots of students from all over the EU are studying in a different EU country. They enjoy it, meet lots of people from other countries, learn about them and their food, cutoms and traditions. They also form a lot of friendships (some even get married). It think that this is a good thing.

The youngsters "don't want their country back" (that statement makes me laugh as "our country" has never gone away!). They want it to stay as it is. They don't want to be isolated from the rest of Europe!

They stand to lose a lot of FREEDOM should Brexit happen.

This decision is going to potentially (so experts say) cause many a year of "hardship" before things might get better and will affect generations to come.

By the time we reach that glorious outcome, most of the grumpy old men and women will have done their own Brexit.

The decision should reside with the young, not us oldies!

Who are we - grumpy old men and women - to deny the next generations their freedom!

What do we - grumpy old men and women - want/hope to get out of it?
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 4:03 pm

It appears that both Gove and Boris were expecting and even wanting Cameron to stay on in the event of Leave winning. Whatever the timescale the remainers will moan.

I've read that a new team of Civil Servants have been put in place to deal with the Brexit. This all takes time.

I am delighted, still, that we are coming out. The nature of the EU is just plain deceitful, eg; the conversion of imperial weights and measures to their system. It was foisted on us slowly and slyly.

They are the opposite of open and transparent and I'm surprised that people are content to go along with it.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 4:09 pm

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Yes.

No.

That is because even the eu has said that they will respect the result of the leave result of the referendum.
Its just certain people at Westminster and elsewhere who can't accept the result who are pinning their hope on a second one.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 4:11 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
It appears that both Gove and Boris were expecting and even wanting Cameron to stay on in the event of Leave winning. Whatever the timescale the remainers will moan.

I've read that a new team of Civil Servants have been put in place to deal with the Brexit. This all takes time.

I am delighted, still, that we are coming out. The nature of the EU is just plain deceitful, eg; the conversion of imperial weights and measures to their system. It was foisted on us slowly and slyly.

They are the opposite of open and transparent and I'm surprised that people are content to go along with it.

Just like James Brent and PAFC.

Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 4:14 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Earlier, I was talking to some English students here who are studying at the local university.

They are devastated by the result. They very much want to remain. They are really hacked of with the oldies!

Who are we - grumpy old men and women - to deny the next generations their freedom!

I'd be amazed if the the young of Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal would be devastated should they come out.

Youth unemployment is running at well over 40% in all of these countries. The EU is a two tier system that is geared towards German needs. Time you faced up to the truth.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 4:22 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

By the time we reach that glorious outcome, most of the grumpy old men and women will have done their own Brexit.

Jeez wept... "Please do it for the children". Is anything more pathetic? They couldn't even get out of bed to vote...

Why don't you just roll over and die right now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next