Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+25
Hugh Midde
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
argyl3
AstiSpumante
Coxside_Green
zyph
Tringreen
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
tigertony
VillageGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
Lord Melbury
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
Dick Trickle
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 4:30 pm

Rickler wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
I just wish they would get on with so I don't have to read any more of Franzis cheap Gaurdian led propaganda, memes, gifs, pie charts ect. They started out as a boring insult to the intelligence they make me want to vomit now.

Like.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol! Heard a new acronym today, GROLI Gaurdian reader of low intelligence. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 4:30 pm

Where's Acora when you need him. The irony is that all of the remainers on here are now telling us all what's going to happen next. They were wrong with the referendum outcome and not one of them have come remotely close to getting any prediction right since.

The Jezza Corbyn thread a few months back is similar. His fans on here were stupidly blind to his lacklustre leadership abilities.
It was so obvious that this Labour Party revolt was about to happen any time soon.

Let's hope they predict Argyle to get relegated.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 4:54 pm

Googe translation:
Shut up, go to work, and do as your told. No day dreaming, pontificating or commenting on the great matters of state that your betters know so much more about, and have been schooled for.
You're all fodder. Behave like it. And wipe yer nose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 4:56 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Anyway in line with ATD's fearless commitment to free speech I'll continue to post what I want when I want.

And now I know how much you both hate it I'll do it a bit more often.

I'd imagine sustained, deliberate trolling wouldn't be tolerated.

No it won't. From anyone.

Where do we stand on repeated gratuitous personal insults?

We won't stand for them.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 4:58 pm

Knob gags?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 5:02 pm

Have to admit that there's something appearing quite regularly at present which is making me laugh quite alot.

As someone once said "grammar is the difference between knowing your shit and not knowing you're shit."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 5:05 pm

You dont need no excuse to feel superior to us turnips Franzi Youm wos born superior innum?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 5:06 pm

Alot ? Split infinitives ?
I hope we're not going to go down the Pasoti pedant's road ?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 5:30 pm

I've never pointed such stuff out and I'm not starting now.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 5:39 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
What a choice we have.

Liam Fox - Former defence secretary who got sacked for letting his mate into classified meetings.

Steven Crabb - Thinks homosexuality can be cured. Has a shit beard and bad teeth.

Michael Gove - Thinks people should ignore expert advice and rely on blind predjudice. Looks like he is being sucked down a plughole

Theresa May - Wants to scrap human rights act and replace police force with security companies. Looks like Chris Grayling with a bob.

Andrea Leadsom - Looks Mrs Mcluskey from grange hill if she had been dead for 5 years. Serial tax dodger. Utterly in the pocket of energy companies

I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.

The late great Margaret Thatcher.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 5:45 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
What a choice we have.

Liam Fox - Former defence secretary who got sacked for letting his mate into classified meetings.

Steven Crabb - Thinks homosexuality can be cured. Has a shit beard and bad teeth.

Michael Gove - Thinks people should ignore expert advice and rely on blind predjudice. Looks like he is being sucked down a plughole

Theresa May - Wants to scrap human rights act and replace police force with security companies. Looks like Chris Grayling with a bob.

Andrea Leadsom - Looks Mrs Mcluskey from grange hill if she had been dead for 5 years. Serial tax dodger. Utterly in the pocket of energy companies

I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.

The late great Margaret Thatcher.

Very true.

There's a meme with that on, y'know.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 6:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 6:05 pm

Is that adding anything to the debate? I would suggest not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 6:09 pm

He doesn't do debate, his arrogance wouldn't let him engage with us proles, we're just happy he graces us with his cheap charts and cut and paste.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 6:12 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Is that adding anything to the debate? I would suggest not.

It's a joke.

Are they banned?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 6:13 pm

I'm happy to debate. Always have been. That'll never change.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 6:21 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
What a choice we have.

It's just as well that all of Boris Johnson's self serving opportunism and lack of courage hasn't left the country suffering any long term damage, too.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 6:26 pm

OK. Here's a serious point of debate that gets to the heart of what might happen next.

"Do you think that the UK as we know it will withstand Brexit and continue to exist in its present form."

We've all seen the results and we all know what the response of the SNP has been.

On top of that the Good Friday Agreement is entirely predicated on EU law and continued EU membership so that will collapse.

It is not entirely ludicrous to suggest that the Troubles could flare up again.

So once again, referendum or no referendum, is the break up of the the UK and the resurgence of Northern Irish terrorism a price worth paying for Brexit?

And do you think any politician will want to be responsible for it?

There you go.

Let's see how we get on.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I'm happy to debate. Always have been. That'll never change.

One of your early missives on the "debate" says it all,
In many ways referenda are a very good idea: an explicit question getting an explicit reply and result. What's not to like?

Except in this instance people will be ignorant of the import of their choice either way and those who make it won't have to live with the consequences for very long.

Arrogance personified. lol!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 7:18 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
OK. Here's a serious point of debate that gets to the heart of what might happen next.

"Do you think that the UK as we know it will withstand Brexit and continue to exist in its present form."

We've all seen the results and we all know what the response of the SNP has been.

On top of that the Good Friday Agreement is entirely predicated on EU law and continued EU membership so that will collapse.

It is not entirely ludicrous to suggest that the Troubles could flare up again.

So once again, referendum or no referendum, is the break up of the the UK and the resurgence of Northern Irish terrorism a price worth paying for Brexit?

And do you think any politician will want to be responsible for it?

There you go.

Let's see how we get on.

How do you know the GFA will collapse or is a case of you have decided it will so it must be true?

As for the troubles, we have been in the eu since the GFA was signed and the troubles have never gone away. The case being that things have been getting worse for years, not just since last Thursday when the majority of voters in the referendum voted to leave.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 7:49 pm

The GFA is predicated on European Law. An essential part of both is the freedom of movement of people from north to south and vice versa.

If we are to "take control of our borders" or restrict movement from EU to UK (and back) then the GFA collapses because the UK has broken one of the core agreements. Even border checks would also contravene the GFA.

If we want to restrict movement of EU people into the UK the NI/Eire border must return.

Otherwise people from, say, Poland (but the other 27 countries too) could travel freely to Eire and walk unhindered into Northern Ireland. Once there they are free to travel within the UK.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 8:18 pm

And even if the border controls were reintroduced does it necessarily follow that people are going to start blowing each other to pieces?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 8:23 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
And even if the border controls were reintroduced does it necessarily follow that people are going to start blowing each other to pieces?

It doesn't necessarily follow but as MOG pointed out the Troubles have never truly left us. Obviously I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't people on both sides itching to get stuck in again.

One thing is certain: the GFA has heralded in a period of relative peace and stabiity. What follows once the GFA is abandoned, as must be under Brexit, is anybody's guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 8:38 pm

lol! Feck me it's project doom on steroids.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 11:51 pm

The end of this debate is scheduled for 6th July. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next