Les Miserable
PlymptonPilgrim
sufferedsince 68
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

England V Slovakia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: England V Slovakia   England V Slovakia - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 6:32 am

Its feckin clear that Henderson and Rooney will not be voting in the EU referendum as neither will get their cross in the box
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England V Slovakia   England V Slovakia - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 7:05 am

Sticking with the OP. Sturridge and Vardy fine even though they've only played together once, what the point of Henderson is I do not know and why change the full backs at all who have been our best players?

Seems to me that Woy is throwing players about in the hope that something clicks. There's little rhyme or reason to it.

On the plus point Eric Dier is a world class player in the making
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England V Slovakia   England V Slovakia - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 7:42 am

well, I now know what I've been missing! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: England V Slovakia   England V Slovakia - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 10:06 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
That was crap really, footballs about scoring and winning yet we could'nt beat dross like Slovakia or Russia, we've no chance of beating a decent side imo.

Have to disagree there. From now on, we won't be facing 8 - 11 defenders all game. There will be a bit more space which should (if Hodgeson picks the best team) benefit us more.

I agree. Vardy in particular has thrived on breakaway goals. The better sides will likely play more to our strengths. When playing against weaker nations intent on defending deep against us, we need wingers and the likes of Andy Carroll.
Didn't bother watching last night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England V Slovakia   England V Slovakia - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 10:33 am

Why aren't we trying to go direct? Balls in the box from the wings have been soaked up by everybody we've played, every time Vardy took someone one he skinned them, get him in the centre run at defenders if he doesn't score well have deflections, free kicks and pens.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: England V Slovakia   England V Slovakia - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 1:35 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I'm told the path forward from here looks like it might be:

Portugal

France

Spain

Germany

It could be Portugal, but it could also be Iceland or Austria. I think Hungary will win Group F.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: England V Slovakia   England V Slovakia - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 4:47 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
That was crap really, footballs about scoring and winning yet we could'nt beat dross like Slovakia or Russia, we've no chance of beating a decent side imo.

Have to disagree there. From now on, we won't be facing 8 - 11 defenders all game. There will be a bit more space which should (if Hodgeson picks the best team) benefit us more.

I agree. Vardy in particular has thrived on breakaway goals. The better sides will likely play more to our strengths. When playing against weaker nations intent on defending deep against us, we need wingers and the likes of Andy Carroll.
Didn't bother watching last night.

Andy Carroll? Really? Shocked

True though what you say about the better sides from an attacking viewpoint, but they will also test us defensively, and Smalling and Cahill don't fill me with confidence.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: England V Slovakia   England V Slovakia - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 9:50 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I'm told the path forward from here looks like it might be:

Portugal

France

Spain Croatia

Germany

It could be Portugal, but it could also be Iceland or Austria. I think Hungary will win Group F.

Did anybody see that one coming?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: England V Slovakia   England V Slovakia - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 11:43 pm

Hodgson should have made them lose it !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England V Slovakia   England V Slovakia - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

England V Slovakia
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2