Tringreen
Mock Cuncher
Chemical Ali
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

New England Shirt @ £90!!! Empty
PostSubject: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 1:09 pm

Just seen this on twitter, a ridiculous amount for a Football shirt- unless this is a day before April fools day joke?

Joey Barton has exploded regarding the cost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 1:19 pm

£90!  affraid FFS. (TM Seadog)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 1:24 pm

It's only 90 quid!

You're NAWT PROPER FANS!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 2:08 pm

That's abait £30 per game!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 2:50 pm

English football relies upon the terminally addicted to fund its greed and eventual self inflicted ruination.

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 4:25 pm

I can get a decent snide made by a mate of mine in Thailand for about sick squid, how many do you think I should order?

The craven money grabbing of these people makes me sick, I don't care if some toss box wants to use ninety quid of his not so hard earned on a shirt to stand down the pub in, that's our culture innit?

What I object to is the price of kids shirts, a whole load of them will be bought by people who simply cannot afford it just so the FA Board can have a bigger pile of Beluga with their Bolly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 4:32 pm

So, basically Tiddles, you couldn't care less that England shirts are sold for £90 a pop. Now why doesn't that surprise me.
I would love to know your logic why rip off britain is ok where adult apparel is concerned, but not children's clothes that adults also pay for. Are parents some sort of protected species in your brave new world, as opposed to other adults ? I can't see any other logical reason for your comments myself.
Next, you and Nige Farage will be saying that any consumer protection laws should only apply to children's goods, and to hell with protecting adults, but then that's what a right wing english bunch would think... a sort of new Wild West. Disguising your extreme right wing view, as not liking the bolly brigade is frankly preposterous. Cheap make up cannot hide bad skin.
Geddon spotty Very Happy

Last edited by Winter Green on Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 4:48 pm

At £90 a pop I anticipate a supply/demand-led price correction in the not-too-distant future.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 4:50 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
At £90 a pop I anticipate a supply/demand-led price correction in the not-too-distant future.

Within weeks, once the media induced backlash starts - hopefully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 4:57 pm

RIP  RRP.
I remember my father guffawing years ago at some of the old resale price maintenance laws and why they were abolished. He always thought the law was endeavouring to find the perfect High street legal licence to lie.
How come Argyle didn't start their early bird season ticket thing at £1000 a season ?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 5:48 pm

Next it ll be argyle shirts £90 a throw.

Must think england fans are stupid.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 7:38 am

Elias wrote:
Next it ll be argyle shirts £90 a throw.

Must think england fans are stupid.

Noolie will buy two and give one away  laugh 
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 8:12 am

It's 90 quid for the pro shirt as it has always been i think. The rep should be yer usual in sports direct etc
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:24 pm

Winter Green wrote:
So, basically Tiddles, you couldn't care less that England shirts are sold for £90 a pop. Now why doesn't that surprise me.
I would love to know your logic why rip off britain is ok where adult apparel is concerned, but not children's clothes that adults also pay for. Are parents some sort of protected species in your brave new world, as opposed to other adults ? I can't see any other logical reason for your comments myself.
Next, you and Nige Farage will be saying that any consumer protection laws should only apply to children's goods, and to hell with protecting adults, but then that's what a right wing english bunch would think... a sort of new Wild West. Disguising your extreme right wing view, as not liking the bolly brigade is frankly preposterous. Cheap make up cannot hide bad skin.
Geddon spotty Very Happy

God you're dim.

Most of us have gained massive benefits from the operation of a Capitalist(ish) economy, of course I have no objection what price manufacturers ask for their products, that is Capitalism, if you don't think it is value for money don't buy it, hundreds of thousands, maybe millions will generating trade, profits and tax revenues to pay your pension..

I object to staples and necessities being subject to the same regimen but as many of those who can't be arsed to put in a days work can still smoke, drink and watch Sky Sports I guess the system cannot be too repressive.

I believe Cuba has a nice, fair, egalitarian system, not to mention being an excellent venue for those seeking underage sex with kids who don't have enough to eat, perhaps that is what you would prefer us to experience here?

Parents are the only things which keep the world going, if no one were prepared to accept the privations which parenthood brings then there would be no need to worry about the Hubbert Peak or global warming but also no visits from the grand kids to look forward to, they, imho, deserve a break.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 3:16 pm

are you really saying that if a capitalist society were to disappear then kiddy fiddling would become (more) rife?

most of us may have gained financially from Capitalism, but the whole planet population has been shafted and is up shit creak because of it. think outside the box for a change, the daily express and mail are not the only news outlets
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Not a capitalist = Communist. Yawn.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
are you really saying that if a capitalist society were to disappear then kiddy fiddling would become (more) rife?

Where do you boys get this gift for English comprehension?

I would suggest that the drivers "for under age" prostitution and kiddy fiddling are somewhat different but for once would allow that some degree of cross over was arguable, my point though was to accentuate that Capitalism percy is not the harbinger of all things evil.

"but the whole planet population has been shafted and is up shit creak because of it."

This though is one of the dumbest generalisations I have ever been privy to, as well as providing a little mirth through its semi literacy.

Fifty years ago the planet was struggling to feed way less than a third of the people who are now adequately, or in the case of many many millions massively over fed. That is solely because of the ability of a capitalist economy to radically increase the amount of economic activity, if you cannot understand this most basic of concepts then fook off somewhere else to make your lame ass posts.

"Not a capitalist = Communist. Yawn" pretty much covers the scope of the poster but in no way addresses the issue, it is in essence correct, except of course for the yawn which marks the point at which the poster probably fell asleep in basic Economics, interesting though it is that "Communism" gets a capital C whereas "capitalism" doesn't.

There are no Capitalist societies just as there are no Communist ones, albeit that the Commies have got closer historically, the basic facts are though that Capitalism, in any of it's forms, will tend to increase the overall level of economic activity whereas any significant, centralised, state involvement will tend, over a period of time, to reduce it.

The FA charging a few quid for a shirt ain't a heinous crime it is simply a function of a market economy which just about everyone who posts on here will have profited from in some way, especially I suspect the Commie whingers, if they are right they will make big money, if they are wrong they will make less, they are not pitch forking new born babies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 6:32 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Winter Green wrote:
Geddon spotty Very Happy

God you're dim.

Most of us have gained massive benefits from the operation of a Capitalist(ish) economy, of course I have no objection what price manufacturers ask for their products, that is Capitalism, if you don't think it is value for money don't buy it, hundreds of thousands, maybe millions will generating trade, profits and tax revenues to pay your pension..
That works fine until said product is essential, like water or power. If you applied that logic to water or power, you wouldn't be the most popular of people.... but then you're not already.
And by the way, rip off Britain is nothing to do with capitalism. It has gone on under many different systems. Capitalism itself is quite a different thing from street level profiteering.

I believe Cuba has a nice, fair, egalitarian system, not to mention being an excellent venue for those seeking underage sex with kids who don't have enough to eat, perhaps that is what you would prefer us to experience here?
Cuba unfortunately had the same sex for sale routine going in the 1950s when it was the playground for the American tourists. It's WHY there was a revolution. They stopped that trade for many a long year. Sadly, after years of continuing blockade by the States, determined to teach the community revolution a lesson, the same sex customers are back looking for their product. Just like in any poor country, and just like in any rich country, where comparative living standards are so wide, selling sex is on the menu. Prostitution has nothing to do with the capitalism debate, as even you must know.

Parents are the only things which keep the world going, if no one were prepared to accept the privations which parenthood brings then there would be no need to worry about the Hubbert Peak or global warming but also no visits from the grand kids to look forward to, they, imho, deserve a break
Knew it... Very Happy  You're classic tiddles.  There's a church out there somewhere just waiting for your input. Hang the non-parents for their selfish and ungodly ways. Screw 'em royally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 6:49 pm

Very Happy Just seen your post Iggy. You're dead right..... Sleep Like conversing with an angry simpleton.
Like Hairy, I think I'll leave Tiddles to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 7:00 pm

£90 an England shirt is no argument for free market capitalism.

It doesn't cost anywhere near £90 to make a shirt, transport it to shops and sell it for a reasonable profit. That process has become replaced with one of total greed.

The FA no doubt has a scheme drawn up whereby hardcore England fans have to pay back the monstrous costs of the new Wembley stadium over the next 20 years by paying well over the odds for such schemes as this. It is up to individual supports if they really want to be complicit in the deal.

The only way to make a point is to steadfastly NOT buy it. And £60 for the cheaper 'replica', made of different materials and less features? Deary me.

Boycott it all, I tell thee.

Also ignore Lord Tisdale and please don't engage in sex with minors like I think he was advocating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 7:35 pm

As my good friend, the Bishop of Liverpool, once said, 'the attempted con is the presentation of free market capitalism as being a morality-free zone. The rich bastards are out to get you and make themselves even richer by the promotion of a consumerist-led society". (I paraphrase).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 8:21 pm

Just about sums it up Knecht. Very Happy 
One minute they want the law of the jungle and then the next go crying to the nanny state when said law turns up on the doorstep. Bankrupt theory, bankrupt culture.
In the meantime, I thoroughly recommend the fifth way. Wake up, free your shackles, and enjoy the day. Leave them to their false god of consumerism and it's attendant never ending fear. Surf's up, kettle's on.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Aren't these shirts made in places that employ comparatively cheap labour? The kind of places where people aren't like us? Surely a UKIP person should be wanting them to be woven by English wool in a mill in Burnley by a fat bloke called Gerald? Just sayin' like.

Seeing grown men in replica shirts always makes me feel a little ashamed of the human race. Full kit wankers.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:12 pm

If you don't want to or cant afford to buy it, then don't !!!!!!!

simple
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Dane. wrote:
If you don't want to or cant afford to buy it, then don't !!!!!!!

simple

Would that life were that simple......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

New England Shirt @ £90!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next