Freathy
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 10:30 pm

Tgwu wrote:

What Cook thought of the game

Fair comment I'd say.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:06 am

Graiser wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Unbelievable win against clearly far superior opposition win but too little far too late.  It's still the misery of the play-offs for Argo.  Maybe Pompey will exact revenge then.

You do my fecking head in !

laugh

fishing  laugh

Reels atleast one in every time Laughing

Freathy is an ATD legend.

Freathy is an ATD bellend more like it knob

He's never changed his bait cos the bottom swimming fish are so easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 6:44 am

With 4 games to go (hopefully) it's the momentum changing result we desperately needed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 7:34 am

Tringreen wrote:
Wonder if Al managed to not get ejected ? laugh

fek knows how we won, Argyle were shit. A great day on the piss with Jock, and the train home was rather lively parteeeeee drunk drunk
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 8:35 am

Graiser wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Unbelievable win against clearly far superior opposition win but too little far too late.  It's still the misery of the play-offs for Argo.  Maybe Pompey will exact revenge then.

laugh

fishing  laugh

Reels atleast one in every time Laughing

Freathy is an ATD legend.

Freathy is an ATD bellend more like it knob

LOL

Just saying the autos are highly unlikely with Bristol Rovers and Accy certain to pick up more points than us in the remaining 4 games, paricularly Rovers. By all accounts Pompey were by far the better team - but having said that any team that comletely outplays the opposition and still manages to lose thoroughly deserves to. If/when we meet Pompey in the play-offs they won't let us mug them again quite so lighltly.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 9:26 am

I enjoyed the match and had a yarn with Paul Cook in the players lounge afterwards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Win at Orient and it will be back on, Pompey having Northampton last day could work in our favour, it's still on but head says well end up in playoffs by GD.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Was yesterday a dress rehearsal for a possible Play-Off Semi-Final  Vs Portsmouth ?.

Reading on the Portsmouth forum last night some are dreading the Play- Offs. They reckon Pompey will bottle big time under the pressure. Having said that, one or two still think they will go up in an automatic position Shocked .
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 8:07 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Win at Orient and it will be back on, Pompey having Northampton last day could work in our favour, it's still on but head says well end up in playoffs by GD.

Thing is, which sides will bottle in the run in. Argyle have had their slump, where bottling it seemed a constant thing. Perhaps the likes of Rovers, Accy, Oxford and Pompey will now have a wobble with the pressure mounting.

I have still resigned myself to the Play-Offs (sadly).
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 8:43 pm

Proberly be typical argo there go and get the win at orient then get dicked by Dag&red and Hartlepool watch
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Portsmouth reaction from some fans

Selsey Bill

It's now nearly six hours since the final whistle and I'm sitting in front of this screen still in total shock. I have rarely felt so dumbstruck, and our car journey home was the quietest it has been for many a month. How we contrived to lose a game that we were pretty much in control of from the start (barring the first five minutes or so) is beyond me. We were cruising to a 1-0 win which was flattering Plymouth when with about five minutes to go the wheels fell off. Pompey attacked down the left and Smith cut inside the box and shot tamely at their keeper wasting a great opportunity for us to go two nil up and almost certainly take all three points. Shame he didn't think to square the ball into the box to an unmarked Mark McNulty who couldn't have done any worse! Argyle immediately broke up the other end forcing a corner. From this set piece Jones failed to do what he'd been doing effectively throughout the previous 85 minutes and collect the cross. The ball was met by Jamille Matt's head and ended up in the back of the net. Less than a minute later, our opponents were 2-1 up when their impressive substitute Gregg Wylde clinically struck the ball sweetly and scored, leaving roughly 16,000 Pompey fans in deep shock, and the traveling Green Army ecstatic.

I've been drastically searching for someone to blame for this gut wrenching defeat for more than five hours now, but without a 'cat to kick' I'm still struggling to find any closure. I think it would be harsh to pin that sticker on anyone, to be honest. Leaving the ground, there were murmurs of Paul Jones being at fault, certainly for the first, and possibly for the second. Pompey fans, however, are very fickle, and have short memories; minutes earlier Jones had pulled off a brilliant finger tip save and then a fantastic catch from the ensuing corner kick to keep us 1-0 up. At that point I turned to one of my sons and we agreed that he had surely just cemented his place as our No. 1. Now, he could well end up being dropped for the York game! Others were moaning about our manager, the one the Fratton Faithful had been chanting their support for throughout the game. How any real Pompey fans can seriously question Paul Cook's credentials is beyond me. And then there's the referee, Chris Sarginson. I don't like knocking officials, but he was truly shocking today. But the truth is, he didn't lose us the game. Admittedly, Plymouth couldn't have been aggrieved if they'd ended the game with nine men. Their goalkeeper should have been sent off in the first half, and amid all their nasty tackles there was one shocker that was deserving of a straight red.It didn't even get a yellow.

I'm sure many Pompey fans are hurting just as me right now, but I feel it is very important to stress that we played well today, and we should be proud of our boys who I believe gave everything. I can guarantee you they will be hurting even more than all of us. What we need to do right now is get right behind them for the remaining games. Due to work commitments, I can't go to York on Tuesday, but if I could I would because our players need every one of us to get right behind them right now. On a final note, I understand that if results go right for us on Tuesday night we will have guaranteed a play off place. I'd have taken that at the start of the season, and if we get in the play offs through my blue tinted spectacles I fancy us big time. Play up Pompey!

BlueinPLtwenty

I sat in the centre of Tavistock listening to the live commentary on BBC Radio Devon. The biased commentators had given up and were extolling the virtues of the "talented Pompey side" when they agreed that out of the blue came these two goals when they had barely had a chance all game.
What`s worse I shall have to take all the fickle cr*p from the Argyle sometime fans at work tomorrow

We lost control of the match when Rueben Reid came on. He didn't actually do very much, but all the other Argyle players seemed to suddenly believe they could get something from the match. I don't have any suggestions for how we could have countered that affect.

A number of players were not quite at their best today, but we still bossed Argyle for most of the match.

pompeygunner

For me it was the other sub (Wylde iirc) they made that proved pivitol, a midfielder who ran @ our ponderous CM & basically for a few mins dictated play. I gather he's on loan to them & he made such a difference.
Dont get me wrong in the right game Doyle (my player of the season) & Hollands are fine. But neither has pace & when they get an athletic box to box player running @ them they come up
short. I thought Hollands did particularly well yesterday but that little bit of quality they brought on undid us along with 2 howlers from Jonesie.

Selsey Bill

I agree entirely, and mentioned as such in my write up. Did you notice the ironic cheer the Plymouth fans gave when he was brought on, as if to say he should have been on from the start. He made the difference. He is not on loan though

Truly gutting!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 9:30 pm

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:

An atd legend is freathy, use ignore graise if it really bugs you so much cheers
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Its awkward that none of the 4 teams after 2 slots play each other. I say 4 but if Pompey win the game in hand their fans may say ''make that 5 for 2 places'' Wombles have a game in hand - isn't that against Pompey?
Now, whilst I/we hate the Wycombe way I would not like to face them in the run in. But, WW do play Gas, Pompey and Accy and I can't see all 3 of those beating WW. Also Exeter, after play-off points, play Gas.
Interesting!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 7:26 am

Will in my opinion become more clear after Tuesdays results
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:58 am

If we win tomorrow, we should be back in 4th or even one of the box seats with a following wind....with relegated D&R at home to come.

It's a massive opportunity and one we looked unlikely to get again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 10:14 am

Pity the surrounding clubs have the better run in expecially Rovers
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 10:16 am

Not really, if we can get a win tomorrow, even a point, the last 3 are very winnable imo.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 10:26 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Not really, if we can get a win tomorrow, even a point, the last 3 are very winnable imo.

Or..........nightmare scenario. All we need to do to guarantee automatic promotion is beat Hartlepools at home on the last day. Nathan Thomas(who has been doing the business of late for pools) equalises with a Worldie from 40yards in the last minute of injury time to send us back down into the playoffs and ejh steams onto the pitch furiously waving a massive 'I told you so' banner. You just know it's going to happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 10:57 am

We haven't had a good record of beating the teams that we should beat this season so I'm predicting we will beat Orient then fizzle out against the likes of Dag and Red and 'Pool.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 12:12 pm

The heartbreak scenario is we beat 'em all and still fall short.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 12:58 pm

Vowed after the joke result with Wimbledon not to go again this season, however find myself putting other situations on hold in case need to quickly get a ticket for the pool game. looking likely it will all rest on the last game for someone to secure the automatic places.
Well done the cobblers anyway for what they have achieved given their situation a year ago.
yep tomorrow is a big one.
COYG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 12:58 pm

GD could well kick us in the teeth.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 3:36 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Third time lucky for last game auto/play-off decider against Hartlepool?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 10:02 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
None of the 4? teams going for 2 places are playing each other. It really is win all 4 and hope someone messes up. Even 4 wins and 86 points may not be enough. Over the last 10 seasons 86 points would have meant auto promotion in 9 of them and, indeed, in 2 seasons would have meant 1st place!

4? I suppose if Pompeii or Wombles win their game in hand they may feel they have a sniff at auto's (aren't they playing each other?). Exeter, Orient, Wycombe cannot now get auto but much as I despise WW approach I would not like to be playing them in the last 4 games. WW are playing Gas, Accy and Pompeii and WW need points so I can't see WW losing to all those 3. Exeter play Gas? What a jolly interesting end to the season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 10:25 am

Can't see WW winning all those 3 either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread   Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth v Plymouth match day thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5