Dougie
mouldyoldgoat
Tgwu
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD Empty
PostSubject: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:21 pm

Plymouth Argyle v Portsmouth

Paul Tierney is the man in the middle  Games 41 Yellows 116  Reds  4

Assisted by Timothy Wood and Ravel Cheosiaua

Fourth Official Darren Bond

Argyle News

Will we learn from the bad markimg and passing from this Thursday game, Lucky to come away with a 2 2 draw, worst game I have seen Nelson play

Will we be with out Matt?

Ground is sold out,only block 20 that has not been put out for seat sales on the web

No park and ride and only Sunday service for the buses.

Look out for the new parking restrictions around the Life centre and in and around the car parks

Devonport end will be the only end to show a display

There will be no fanfest,  Rick O shay preformed for the last time at the last fanfest

Roselyn Bus for Sunday

The bus will be running with the following pickup points and times:

3:45 - Green Shelter (adjacent to St Austell railway station)
3:50 - Holmbush (bus stop on A390 above Tesco)
4:00 - Roselyn Middleway Garage (St Blazey Road, Par)
4:10 - Lostwithiel (Royal Talbot car park)

Portsmouth News

Goal keeper looks weak, hope he plays on Sunday

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu May 12, 2016 11:24 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : OO)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 6:37 am

No RickO Shay !!! how will the fan fest cope affraid
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 9:36 am

I will be watching the game on tv and everything else in the world can want. That includes the family!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 9:39 am

What display have the avivas planned now?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 9:47 am

The only display I will be giving is my Homer Simpson impression in my pants, holding a beer!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 9:54 am

I'm waiting for alannotivvy to confirm that he'll have the same food and drink combination on Sunday evening that he got in for the first leg. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 11:20 am

As I expected, they are selling the freebies seats at the back of Grandstand west

23 at the moment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 11:49 am

Homeslice wrote:
I'm waiting for alannotivvy to confirm that he'll have the same food and drink combination on Sunday evening that he got in for the first leg. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Felt rather "tired" at work this morning. Didnt help when the sinks u-bend got blocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 12:01 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

Felt rather "tired" at work this morning.  Didnt help when the sinks u-bend got blocked

Use the loo next time lol!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 12:15 pm

Beeb wrote:
The FA tell us that any disciplinary matters arising from last night's play-off semi-final match between Portsmouth and Plymouth at Fratton Park would be dealt with in advance of Sunday's second leg.

The FA are awaiting referee Oliver Langford's report today before any further disciplinary action is considered.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 12:18 pm

One seat left of the 23, lets see what they offer next.

One seat has come available in block 12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 12:26 pm

Dougie wrote:
Beeb wrote:
The FA tell us that any disciplinary matters arising from last night's play-off semi-final match between Portsmouth and Plymouth at Fratton Park would be dealt with in advance of Sunday's second leg.

The FA are awaiting referee Oliver Langford's report today before any further disciplinary action is considered.

Matt will be a very lucky man if he walks away from it all without a suspension//fine, four leaf clover lucky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 12:57 pm

Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:
Beeb wrote:

Matt will be a very lucky man if he walks away from it all without a suspension//fine, four leaf clover lucky.

The only things that may save him are that you can clearly see from some of the tv pictures that he saw the incident, and that he spoke to Matt in its immediate aftermath.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 1:05 pm

Herald wrote:

PLYMOUTH Argyle goal hero Jamille Matt has played down the off-the-ball incident which could have led to a red card for him in the play-off semi-final first leg against Portsmouth.

There were howls of protest around Fratton Park on Thursday night that Matt should have been sent-off after he clashed with Pompey captain Michael Doyle.

It was 1-1 in the 10th minute, with Matt having cancelled out an early opening goal from Marc McNulty, when the much talked-about incident occurred.

Matt was tackled by Portsmouth midfielder Danny Hollands and there was a tangle of legs between them, with Doyle trying to drag Matt up from the ground.

The Argyle striker took exception to that and television replays clearly showed he put his forehead on the back of Doyle's head.

Referee Oliver Langford lectured Matt and Doyle but took no other action.

How much force Matt used, and whether he should have been sent-off, was hotly debated in the aftermath of the match.

Should Langford report to The Football Association that he did not see the incident then retrospective disciplinary sanctions could be applied to Matt.

READ NEXT: Football editor Chris Errington gives his view on Argyle's Fratton Park flashpoints

Herald Sport contacted The FA for a comment on the situation surrounding Matt on Friday morning and were awaiting a response.

As for Matt, who went on to score a superb second goal for Argyle later in the first half with a spectacular overhead kick, he played down the incident.

He told Herald Sport: I think it was a bit of nothing. Me and Doyley have had a few battles before.

"He has tried to rile me up and I have tried to give him a little bit back. I don't think it was anything malicious.

"I don't think it was anything but it's out of my hands now.

"The referee said it was nothing and I agree with him. We will see what happens."

Asked whether he was worried he could face disciplinary sanction, Matt replied: "It's out of my hands.

"If they (The FA) want to do that, they can do that. There is nothing I can do about that.

"I think it's nothing and hopefully they won't do anything about it."

Not surprisingly, Doyle had a very different view to Matt about the off-the-ball clash.

Doyle told The News in Portsmouth: "The lad used his head. You can see it on the camera.

"He got tangled up with Danny and he wouldn't let him go. So I pulled his leg away from Danny so he could get up and we could go on the attack.

"I walked away from it but he has pulled me back and put his head in on me.

"It's one of those incidents I don't know how the ref didn't see it. The lino was watching it, too.

"He (Langford) will have to look at it with it being on Sky and everyone seeing what happened.

"I spoke to the commentators and they thought I made a bit much of it at first but the more they looked at it the more they could see it was a red card.

"The ref has said he's going to look at the video so we will see what happens now."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @heraldnewslive on Twitter | theplymouthherald on Facebook

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Do Mr Brent have a hotel in Portsmouth?

Argyle's squad stayed in Portsmouth to start preparing for the decisive League Two play-off semi-final second leg at Home Park on Sunday.

The players had a short coach trip to a nearby hotel following the action-packed 2-2 draw with Pompey at Fratton Park on Thursday night.

They were able to get in a good night of sleep, rather than travelling back to Plymouth immediately after the match and returning to Home Park in the early hours of Friday morning.

The first leg against Portsmouth was a physically demanding game, especially as Argyle came under heavy pressure in the second half.

It was also a very warm evening on the south coast so the decision for the Argyle squad to stay in Portsmouth overnight was a good one.

Manager Derek Adams told Herald Sport after the first leg: "We are staying here tonight in Portsmouth and we are going to get to bed early and train here tomorrow.

"We will then travel back home. I think it's important we get to our beds at a reasonable time, rather than at three o'clock in the morning.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 3:16 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:
Beeb wrote:

the FA would normally let it go if the ref booked him for the said offence that would be good enough but if he didnt then the FA have a rite to look at it

The only things that may save him are that you can clearly see from some of the tv pictures that he saw the incident, and that he spoke to Matt in its immediate aftermath.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 3:25 pm

The only thing that could save him is if the ref booked him for the said offence if not the FA are in there rite to review it and dish out punishment acordingly but if he did get booked the FA tend to go with the refs decision during the game
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 4:43 pm

One thing is 100% certain - we'll be ultra shit again. Even if we're not, just can't see past a pompey win whether it's in normal time or on penalties. Big home crowd + big expectation = MASSIVE disappointment. REALLY glad I'm not going.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 5:57 pm

I think this is where the wives and Girlfriends and friend sits

WEST WING                                              
                                                                                       EAST WING

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]      [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Tgwu on Fri May 13, 2016 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 5:58 pm

Get ready for a ticket application from a Chris Greenman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 6:11 pm

Freathy wrote:
One thing is 100% certain - we'll be ultra shit again.  Even if we're not, just can't see past a pompey win whether it's in normal time or on penalties.  Big home crowd + big expectation = MASSIVE disappointment.  REALLY glad I'm not going.

So am I, a real fan can have your seat
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 6:36 pm

Matt was tackled by Portsmouth midfielder Danny Hollands and there was a tangle of legs between them, with Doyle trying to drag Matt up from the ground.You can't go around man-handling players?

The Argyle striker took exception to that and television replays clearly showed he put his forehead on the back of Doyle's head. Doyle's reaction was, frankly, pathetic although Matt shouldn't have touched him really. Of course after 56 rolls and 264 checks that he wasn't bleeding he has no choice but to say 'he butted me your honour'

Referee Oliver Langford lectured Matt and Doyle but took no other action. So he saw it then?

Herald Sport contacted The FA for a comment on the situation surrounding Matt on Friday morning and were awaiting a response. So the FA were doing nuffin - so 'erald mentioned it to ensure it stayed in the news.

"The referee said it was nothing and I agree with him. We will see what happens." So he saw it then?[/or]
Not surprisingly, Doyle had a very different view to Matt about the off-the-ball clash.
Doyle told The News in Portsmouth: "The lad used his head. You can see it on the camera.
"He got tangled up with Danny and he wouldn't let him go. So I pulled his leg away from Danny so he could get up and we could go on the attack. Flaming slow attack then
"I spoke to the commentators and they thought I made a bit much of it at first but the more they looked at it the more they could see it was a red card. Weren't the commentators ex-Pompey? and why talk to them apart from trying to get Matt banned.

Hat trick Sunday please Mr Matt and then when we are 4 up with 5 mins to go then go find Doyle and give him a real head butt laugh
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 6:46 pm

No punishment for Matt

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 6:48 pm

Football players have only themselves to blame, they're all lying, cheating hypocritical bar stewards, feigning injury, screaming as if they've been machined gunned, rolling about the ground and they expect referees to get it right, too fecking bad if the ref got it wrong last night, maybe if Doyle hadn't made a meal of it-- well who knows.
Watched Fabregas get his hand stamped on last week and he ends up rolling around on the ground, how the feck would a stamp on the hand cause anybody to do rolypolys is beyond me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD EmptyFri May 13, 2016 6:55 pm

You're always moaning Graiser. Continually. Stop it, and lighten up. Laughing
As an aside, I don't think any football person should be hemmed in with having to be a role model. Why do football coaches and players have to behave better than anyone else ? They might be paid a bit, but it's still worse than the army. Who would be an employee today if they could possibly avoid it ? When you don your work togs, expect to be treated worse than an animal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD   PLYMOUTH V  PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD Empty

Back to top Go down

PLYMOUTH V PORTSMOUTH MATCH DAYTHREAD
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next