Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up) Empty
PostSubject: Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up)   Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 1:33 pm

But only by £1.... another shocking click bait cvnt tactic from the herald again...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

some work experience guy wrote:
PLYMOUTH Argyle will increase prices of both match day tickets and season tickets if the club win promotion to League One.

However the financial stability the club have achieved this season means that match day tickets will only increase by £1, with an equivalent rise in season ticket prices.

Existing members have the chance to renew their season tickets at League Two prices, if they beat an EarlyBird deadline of April 18.

If the Pilgrims bid for promotion fails and the club remain in League Two next season, prices will remain the same.

The priority for the club is to balance the books and such is the difference between League One and Two an increase will be necessary.

EarlyBird - Existing Members EarlyBird - New Members Post Earlybird - League One Post Earlybird - League Two
Adult £320 £336 £399 £380
Over 65 £240 £256 £304 £285
Armed Forces £240 £256 £304 £285
18-21 £240 £256 £304 £285
Under 18 £77 £88 £112 £98
Family £370 £396 £477 £445
Additional Under 18 £50 £60 £78 £65
Disabled
£240 £256 £304 £285
White membership (6 games) -Adult
£105 £110 £120 £115
White membership (6 games) -Concessions £80 £85 £95 £90

Chief executive Martyn Starnes, who revealed the information in his fortnightly column in the Herald, said the club have been preparing for life after this season whichever division the club are in.

"Initial budgets have been prepared and we are confident we can maintain the steady improvement in the club's financial position in parallel with the enhanced performances on the pitch."

Post EarlyBird season tickets will go from £380 to £399, for an adult, if the club reach the dizzy heights of League One.

If the Green Army take advantage of the EarlyBird offer existing adult members can get a season ticket for £320 and new adult members for £336.

Pre match day tickets* On the day match tickets*
Adult £21 £23
Over 65 £16 £18
Armed Forces £16 £18
18-21 £16 £18
Under 18 £8 £10
Disabled £16 £18
* based on the assumption that £1 is added to every match day ticket and a further £2 is added to game day purchases

Starnes believes this represents great value for money.

"In League Two we believe this (improving the club's financial position) can be achieved by placing a freeze on membership and match day ticket prices.

"If we are promoted we will need to increase our prices by a £1 for match day tickets with corresponding increases in season ticket prices.

"However, for next season only, we will be offering existing members the opportunity to renew their season tickets at League Two prices as long as they purchase before the EarlyBird deadline which ends on April 18.

"At effectively £13.91 per match for existing adult members and £14.61 for new members I believe this represents great value to watch the team next season."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up)   Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 4:06 pm

So, another above inflation rise, and yet another widening of the gap between season ticket holders and POTD. The suggested prices will represent POTD prices being nearly 70% higher than the season ticket price. And then people complain success doesn't bring in extra fans. Counter productive and won't raise an extra penny if implemented. Home Park the ST holders ghetto continues apace. Of course, a lot of them like it that way. with POTD fans being viewed as the undeserving.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up)   Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 4:41 pm

Nothing to worry about there then.

The Gas and Accy are coming for you.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up)   Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 6:42 pm

Taking the piss, will be going less next season.
Suck on that Brent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up)   Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 6:58 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Taking the piss, will be going less next season.
Suck on that Brent
Much, much less for me next season.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up)   Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 7:14 pm

Hull City: Championship club to scrap season tickets for membership scheme

The Championship club claim the new system could see some supporters save as much as £282.

Hull will give fans the choice of three different levels of membership, with the cheapest costing £21 a month.

Vice chairman Ehab Allam said: "For too long, the price of football in this country has been much too high. This new scheme will at least ensure the same cannot be said of Hull."Hull City: Championship club to scrap season tickets for membership scheme

If the Tigers, currently fourth in the second tier, reach the Premier League this season then some supporters will pay £13 per match next season, while remaining in the Football League will lower that figure to £11 per game.

It is understood this is the first time such a scheme has been tried by a Football League club, although Barnet, then in the Conference, scrapped season tickets in favour of a monthly non-contract membership scheme in 2013.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up)   Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 7:32 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
So, another above inflation rise, and yet another widening of the gap between season ticket holders and POTD. The suggested prices will represent POTD prices being nearly 70% higher than the season ticket price. And then people complain success doesn't bring in extra fans. Counter productive and won't raise an extra penny if implemented. Home Park the ST holders ghetto continues apace. Of course, a lot of them like it that way. with POTD fans being viewed as the undeserving.

I might have missed something but how did you work out the 70% difference
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up)   Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 8:21 pm

Can't see it working, I mean just how would you justify superfan status without a rigid caste system from directors box downwards?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up)   Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 8:48 pm

Graiser wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

"At effectively £13.91 per match for existing adult members "..... a la Starnes
70% of £13.91 = appx £9.87
add to £13.91..... = £23.78. With the suggested £23 POTD price, I'm sure you'll agree it's nearly a 70% price increase from the ST early bird price in pocket terms. I really take offence to such a differential, and so do a lot of fans I know. Only Todd in recent history, of all people, did something about the ludicrous differential for one season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up)   Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 9:42 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

"At effectively £13.91 per match for existing adult members "..... a la Starnes
70% of £13.91 = appx £9.87
add to £13.91..... = £23.78. With the suggested £23 POTD price, I'm sure you'll agree it's nearly a 70% price increase from the ST early bird price in pocket terms. I really take offence to such a differential, and so do a lot of fans I know. Only Todd in recent history, of all people, did something about the ludicrous differential for one season.

More like 60% but I get your point, I suppose it all depends if we like to get a bit of discount on anything we buy, whether it's a ST or a bargain in the summer sales ?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up)   Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up) EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 11:44 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up)   Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ticket Prices are going up..(if we go up)
Page 1 of 1