Sir Francis Drake
Punchdrunk
Les Miserable
Chemical Ali
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

£1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 2:56 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Where did they find sixteen mugs willing to shell out a grand apiece to go on the Dutch Nerdathon? no wonder we are terminally crap.

Unsold salvage from The Centre Spot demise ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think what is most disappointing is the blatant profiteering. No shame whatsoever from the owner who insists he wants to bring back community to Argyle. Blatant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 6:58 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Elias wrote:
Theres plenty wholl pay to worship at brents altar......wheres greensam and that spowel character?

I did the pre seasons in scotland and 1st one in austria. Scotland was a good booze up but austria unimpressed as added an additional game late on so couldnt see it grrrrr.

I dont like to answer for him but we travel to games as we both live in Worcester now - I wouldn't put him pro regime, perhaps you have the wrong name?

He's now swim(ming)withthetide........almost exclusively on pasoti it seems. I'd say he's a middle of the road/centre ground kind of guy.

Ok LM, that's a fair assessment - I'll leave it there.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 9:44 am

Lord Biro wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Where did they find sixteen mugs willing to shell out a grand apiece to go on the Dutch Nerdathon? no wonder we are terminally crap.

I think what is most disappointing is the blatant profiteering. No shame whatsoever from the owner who insists he wants to bring back community to Argyle. Blatant.

On the other hand on a supply/demand basis or a something-is-worth-what-somebody-is-prepared-to-pay-for-it basis the £1000 seems rather cheap.

I bet whoever it was that changed the exclusive to inclusive of VAT has had a stern talking to - that's taken £3200 off the gross take after all! Very poor business.

On the other hand it all reminds me of the old Harry Enfield character Loadsamoney: "look at my waaaaaaaaad!" and all that. It's all a bit odd but essentially it's all a bit too much "look at me!" for me.

I suppose above all I've never understood why anybody would want to be that close to the club. On the odd occasion when I have met a player, or ex-player, I've never once felt the urge for the relationship to be more than a fleeting one. Not because any of them were unpleasant or bad company, quite the reverse in fact, but because they are players and I am a fan. I'm very content with the distance, more than happy to maintain it and would probably do what I could to protect it. I want to apotheosise not befriend.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 11:50 am

If a bunch of people want to pay a grand each to become a groupie that's fine by me so long as the team on the pitch benefit from it. What does concern me is how quickly this was turned into 'supporting the manager' by the usual suspects and in all probability was used as leverage in the January window.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Couldn't somebody photoshop it to read "I am a Plymouth argyle supporting mug?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 6:45 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
If a bunch of people want to pay a grand each to become a groupie that's fine by me so long as the team on the pitch benefit from it.  What does concern me is how quickly this was turned into 'supporting the manager' by the usual suspects and in all probability was used as leverage in the January window.

of course they wont coxside its a jolly up in holland for them with pre season training thrown in.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 7:05 pm

Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
If a bunch of people want to pay a grand each to become a groupie that's fine by me so long as the team on the pitch benefit from it.  What does concern me is how quickly this was turned into 'supporting the manager' by the usual suspects and in all probability was used as leverage in the January window.

of course they wont coxside its a jolly up in holland for them with pre season training thrown in.

As long as Derek remains manager I'll give him more credit than to treat it as a jolly (at least for now).  As for the hangers on in the boardroom, that's the groupies' problem Smile
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:59 pm

Another 5 grand from the fans

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I really don't know who is worse at times, the reluctant one or the lobotomised idiots who brent is using as cash cows.

Madness !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 1:59 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Another 5 grand from the fans

I really don't know who is worse at times, the reluctant one or the lobotomised idiots who brent is using as cash cows.

Madness !!

Give it a week or two and that top dutch opposition will become a 2nd division Belgian side and the fans have to pay for the other team to travel to us.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 12:26 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Jimmys played an utter blinder with this one. The dimwitted Janner Avivas funding the entire trip but there's an old saying in life "never try to kid a kidder" and Jimmys ruse aided by by the Porkster easily seen through again.
He really is an utter turnip
''dimwitted Janner Avivas'' which follows other comments like lobotomised idiots, groupie, mugs, idiots/dimlows ..
I can't quite see how anyone can say anything at all about how someone spends their own money. Maybe you all feel that you are superior to those people who may have more money than they know what to do with, but, it is their money.
''blatant profiteering'' you scream! Who buys bottled water? Mark-up can be over 1000%. A coffee in a coffee shop can be marked-up by 1200%, a football shirt by 700% and glasses by 400%.
Get over it. Not your money after all. To some people PAFC tours are something special .... and a prawn sarnie thrown in.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 8:54 am

According to Brent Herald with the PASC and the 16 supporters, Argyle trip to Holland is paid for.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 9:44 am

Tgwu wrote:
According to Brent Herald with the PASC and the 16 supporters,  Argyle trip to Holland is paid for.

I wonder what they would have done if the fans refused to pay ?

"Sorry boy's Holland is off due to unforeseen circumstances, Tivvy away, Weston SM, Torquay and Bath City instead.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 11:14 am

Probally a higher standard of opposition than they will actually get.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 2:09 pm

pepsipete wrote:
well it wont be Ajax Feynoord or PSV thats foreshore pete laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 2:30 pm

RegGreen wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
well it wont be Ajax Feynoord or PSV thats foreshore pete laugh

most of their players will still be on their breaks by then due to the euro 2016
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 10:09 am

James Brent Promotions are proud to present : Plymouth Argyle FC vs Some Clogg Factory XI. Predicted attendance, 16.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 10:18 am

lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 1:00 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
James Brent Promotions are proud to present : Plymouth Argyle FC vs Some Clogg Factory XI. Predicted attendance, 16.
hoping to add two extra games to the tour
Argyle v a drug dealers Xl
Argyle v a call girls Xl lol!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 7:49 pm

So on the farm they delete posts and send anti-brenters to Alcatraz. ATD is democratic!! Bowlocks unless posts just walk off the site. At least 3 missing from last night. I'm off to get Jack Frost or Barnaby.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 7:56 pm

Aw diddums.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:36 am

Just been said at the Forum yawn thing that the club doesnt know what Dutch team Argyle will play or if it will even be a Dutch team...geddon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: £1000 Dutch Cap   £1000 Dutch Cap - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

£1000 Dutch Cap
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3