Les Miserable
Czarcasm
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Dutch match cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 7:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How very Village...
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 7:49 pm

We wunts aar munney back jocolor geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 7:53 pm

are the dutch hoolies running scared? Or are a lot of them bufferfly keepers?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 7:54 pm

In an article on RTV's website, it stated Eric van Oosterhout, the Mayor of Emmen, had called off the game for safety reasons after consultations with the police, with 400 Argyle supporters expected to attend the fixture.

Several events are taking place in the local area on July 25, including a cycle race, and that would have stretched the police resources.

Van Oosterhout was quoted as saying: "Other parts of our community have to rely on the police if necessary."

Wim Beekman, a club official at FC Emmen, added that he regretted the decision but understood why it had been taken.

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 8:09 pm

I'm shocked, after getting clearance from the Mayor/Police months ago (they did right?) this happens...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 9:07 pm

Welcome to post Brexit reality We're not in favour, and are now the bottom of the pile behind school car boot sales. We weren't that popular in the first place pig
I'm sure the marauding Argyle megabus will be suitably recompensed for the no show. Jim will see to it. He's our man.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 9:22 pm

beesrus wrote:
Welcome to post Brexit reality We're not in favour, and are now the bottom of the pile behind school car boot sales. We weren't that popular in the first place pig
I'm sure the marauding Argyle megabus will be suitably recompensed for the no show. Jim will see to it. He's our man.

If Brexit is the real reason for this fiasco [personally I would doubt that],then in the words of Boris and his compadre-go whistle.

Or go stick yer finger up a dyke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 10:05 pm

Thanks for that Skinny. Tribal to the end.cheers
Gawd bless St James
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 10:06 pm

400????? more like 150 maximum surely.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 10:28 pm

beesrus wrote:
Thanks for that Skinny. Tribal to the end.cheers
Gawd bless St James

"Gawd bless St James"? Presumably that would be a reference to James Brent, which would hardly be commensurate with the Brent out signature both on here and PASOTI. Or maybe you're over my head as per usual and it refers to some other James-Brown maybe or Burke or Anderson or Pursey? No idea, can't wait to be informed. BTW, what exactly is a butterfly market, sounds like a term with which you could be acquainted-is it literal or metaphorical, as in flea market? And also BTW, i suppose it could be said that attributing the cancellation of the game in Holland to a petty vindictiveness concerning Brexit is the ultimate in Euro cynicism, perhaps a form of bloc tribalism on the part of our Orange friends? Don't know-as I said previously, not cynical enough to be certain of that conclusion. But if you're correct, then indeed they can go whistle.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 10:36 pm

beesrus wrote:

Yet another politicised post from our man in Havana. Grow up.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 12:06 am

Argyle and the cloggies can't hire a couple of coppers or private security so the game can go ahead?
Four hundred Argyle fans must be bringing in welcome tourist Euros to the local economy?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 3:42 am

comedy gold on the basis we've been red carded for a butterfly market
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 7:08 am

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Yet another politicised post from our man in Havana. Grow up.

Quite pathetic isn't it....but that's how life is here.... Sad .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 7:54 am

Would we get postponements if we did a pre-season tour of Scotland?
Perhaps there's 'intelligence' that because a few Argyle fans had a bit of trouble with their Dutch counterparts last year, this year a few more of our 'lads' have decided to make the trip to make numbers a bit more even?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 8:09 am

A perfect example of No one likes us, we don't care flower
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 8:33 am

Mate, you've got one helluva chip on your shoulder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 8:44 am

Never mind Newell gets 2 days in Amsterdam....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 11:48 am

Another reasoning to his thoughts was that he was worried because he had heard that Argyle fans with banning orders were heading to the match and/or town. Would those people have even been allowed to leave the UK to attend ?.  

There are strick rules on these banning orders, so I would assume that a friendly on foreign soil would come under those and the Argyle side of that is that you can't go to where Argyle are playing 24 hours before the match and 12 hours after.

Lame reason and excuse for calling it off.

I do not how how big his town is, but surely there must be enough plod there to handle three events, had the game been played it probably would have pulled in 1000-1,500. A bike race and a butterfly event won't draw tens of thousands, surely.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 12:42 pm

A domestic banning order doesn't mean automatic passport confiscation.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
A domestic banning order doesn't mean automatic passport confiscation.

I was unaware of that.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Still a very impressive Dutch Tour with a game against FC Twente (Youth) to play.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 3:27 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Another reasoning to his thoughts was that he was worried because he had heard that Argyle fans with banning orders were heading to the match and/or town. Would those people have even been allowed to leave the UK to attend ?.  

There are strick rules on these banning orders, so I would assume that a friendly in Holland would come under those and the Argyle side of that is that you can't go to where Argyle are playing 24 hours before the match and 12 hours after.

I do not how how big his town is, but surely there must be enough plod there to handle three events, had the game been played it probably would have pulled in 1000-1,500. A bike race and a butterfly event won't draw tens of thousands, surely.

Depends on the terms of the banning order. Its possible that Friendly games are outside FA jurisdiction therefore aren't covered by banning orders, surrender of passport is only required when England are playing in a tournament but that can be circumvented if you can prove that you have a holiday booked.

Pedant alert: the friendly isn't in Holland. study Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 4:11 pm

It's not a market selling butterflies, it's a market called the "Butterfly" market selling the usual market tat
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 6:52 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

There are strick rules on these banning orders, so I would assume that a friendly in Holland would come under those and the Argyle side of that is that you can't go to where Argyle are playing 24 hours before the match and 12 hours after.

Depends on the terms of the banning order. Its possible that Friendly games are outside FA jurisdiction therefore aren't covered by banning orders, surrender of passport is only required when England are playing in a tournament but that can be circumvented if you can prove that you have a holiday booked.

Pedant alert: the friendly isn't in Holland. study Cool

Did D&C give negative intelligence to the mayor ahead of this proposed friendly ?. How on earth would they know who would be going in the first place. What did they do, send a list of names and mugshots of those who are currently banned, along with a list of names and mugshots of those who have been banned in the past. With the words "watch out for this lot, as we can't stop them from venturing over", emblazoned at the top.

I know that people who are banned and have holidays booked abroad during a tournament where England are involved can get a special discrepancy.

A few pages on this topic over the road there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dutch match cancelled   Dutch match cancelled Empty

Back to top Go down

Dutch match cancelled
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next