PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 Empty
PostSubject: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 10:44

Hold on though thats only if you share a room for christ sake make it £1400 if you dont !!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 11:35

Worth every penny.

Of someone else's money.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 11:49

yes nice subsidy for reluctant jimmy to pay for overall trip
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 12:38

Janners, like taking candy from babies..
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 14:40

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Worth every penny.

Of someone else's money.

jocolor

Polo shirt included, absolute bargain, enjoy!
lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 17:59

The Board room and Directors Box experience! whoop whoop, Sponsored by serious Bumlicking. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 19:11

im sure you can get a better deal elsewhere
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 21:28

Angry wrote:
Yeah but elsewhere you don't get to pick at the leftover scraps from the buffet after Newell has filled his numerous plates.

Bargain at £1250 innit.

Seriously though, isn't this about a £500 hike in cost from last year? Seems like a blatant attempt by the club to see how far they can stretch some fans financial fuckwittery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 21:37

I'm going. Porkzilla is picking me up on the Sunday morning, (bar any nails in his tyres)

£1250? Pfft. Small change, init.

I'll try and blag a few extra polo shirts for Al of Tivvey.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 21:38

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Yeah but elsewhere you don't get to pick at the leftover scraps from the buffet after Newell has filled his numerous plates.

Bargain at £1250 innit.

Seriously though, isn't this about a £500 hike in cost from last year? Seems like a blatant attempt by the club to see how far they can stretch some fans financial fuckwittery.

Can't say I care.

If there's enough demand and the club makes a packet then that's good. If those willing to pay that much have a good time then that's good too. It's win/win, isn't it?

Nobody is forced to go and if those that do go are exploited until their pips squeak then that's their look out for being lucky enough to be able to squander so much on so little.

In fact it could be argued that £1250 isn't expensive enough!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 21:44

It was £995 last season

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Appaza this one is a day longer and there are 2 games, this time one of which is against an FC Twente 'side' meaning their bomb squad and a few kids.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 21:47

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

Bargain at £1250 innit.

Can't say I care.

If there's enough demand and the club makes a packet then that's good. If those willing to pay that much have a good time then that's good too. It's win/win, isn't it?

Nobody is forced to go and if those that do go are exploited until their pips squeak then that's their look out for being lucky enough to be able to squander so much on so little.

In fact it could be argued that £1250 isn't expensive enough!

Well yeah of course, it depends which angle you are coming from. My angle was from a financial fan-exploitation perspective. Your angle would be plum from the desks of Brent/Starnes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 22:19

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Can't say I care.

Dear oh dear. Are you on the Johnny Marine ticket in the upcoming election with Webby ?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 22:22

beesrus wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Can't say I care.

Dear oh dear. Are you on the Johnny Marine ticket in the upcoming election  with Webby ?

Not at all. Exploit the suits for all they're worth. That's what I say.

Rank and file fans, should they wish to go, could easily find a far cheaper way to do it under their own steam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 22:27

Suits ? don't me laugh.
"They deserve to be ripped off" .."The  cause is just "
Look at yourself in a mirror and just think what culture you've just given your approval to.
First they came for he turkeys, and then they came for me.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 22:44

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Can't say I care.

Dear oh dear. Are you on the Johnny Marine ticket in the upcoming election  with Webby ?

Rank and file fans, should they wish to go, could easily find a far cheaper way to do it under their own steam.

So if you're reasonably comfy financially, and a big Argyle fan, you deserve to get fleeced.

That's some logic.

And you really don't get it if you think it'll be 'suits' types desperate for this sort of meet the players trip.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 22:47

Much as we might prefer otherwise PAFC is a business that needs income. So it can hardly have too much, can it?

If the £1250 x ? funds the trip and the trip is the difference between success and failure then so be it. No complaints here. Nobody is obliged to pay it, are they?

Seems like my inner Mandelson has been activated on this one!

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 22:48

beesrus wrote:
Suits ? don't me laugh.
Look at yourself in a mirror and just think what culture you've just given your approval to.

Well said Beezy..

The viewpoint expressed by SFD is so typical of him. He hates the fact anybody might have a bit of spare cash and believe they should be relieved of it by any means possible, even if that means, is being ripped off.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 22:57

Czarcasm wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Can't say I care.

So if you're reasonably comfy financially, and a big Argyle fan, you deserve to get fleeced.

That's some logic.

And you really don't get it if you think it'll be 'suits' types desperate for this sort of meet the players trip.  

You're alluding to a whole mind set I just don't get here.

I'm a lifelong fan but I have never felt the urge to get up close and personal with the players, managers or anybody else at the club. On some odd occasions I have crossed paths with various Argyle types but mostly I have left them to whatever they were doing without bothering them. The only exception to that that springs to mind was Ronnie Maugé who was out with a bunch of players (none of whom I talked to) on the Barbican one night years ago - and a proper gent he was too. Mrs D was quite smitten by his charm.

What you really get for your money is that close contact with the club and players so you are right it will be die hard fans in all likelihood who take the places but it'll be die hard fans who can afford it and who am I to tell anybody how to spend their money?

I quite fancy the trip myself, not that I am at all likely to be going, but wouldn't dream of doing it like this. Partly because I'm just not in to being that close to the club and players, partly because it sounds outrageously expensive, partly because I'd rather make my own plans and go my own way.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 22:58

Rickler wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Suits ? don't me laugh.

Well said Beezy..

The viewpoint expressed by SFD is so typical of him.  He hates the fact anybody might have a bit of spare cash and believe they should be relieved of it by any means possible, even if that means, is being ripped off.
Banana
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 23:12

Whoever is responsible for this charade is shameless.

The club is sitting on a massive profit from last season yet still feel the need to fleece the fans who have stuck by them through the bad years.

It's embarrassing and greedy.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 23:20

Whether someone wishes to pay £1250 of their own money is nothing to do with me. Their hard earned cash so they can spend where they like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyMon 15 May 2017, 23:21

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Whoever is responsible for this charade is shameless.

The club is sitting on a massive profit from last season yet still feel the need to fleece the fans who have stuck by them through the bad years.

It's embarrassing and greedy.
Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyTue 16 May 2017, 05:52

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Much as we might prefer otherwise PAFC is a business that needs income. So it can hardly have too much, can it?

If the £1250 x ? funds the trip and the trip is the difference between success and failure then so be it. No complaints here. Nobody is obliged to pay it, are they?
Seems like my inner Mandelson has been activated on this one!

So, let's charge £40, no, £50 a match ticket.... the suits, the overalls and the baseball caps will all pay it cuz they luvs their Argo. Everyone's a winner. And those that can't afford it, well, what the heck eh, they're not praaaaappppper fans. Lord Jim deserves a blank cheque.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 EmptyTue 16 May 2017, 09:07

Logical fallacy. Why not charge everyone a pound and make the owners make up the shortfall?

There's a difference between the price of tickets and the price of a pre-season jolly to the continent though, just as there's a difference between the price of the ordinary ticket, and the price if the boxes. They cater to different markets to maximise revenue.

Most ordinary working fans won't be going regardless of price, because most ordinary working fans will be working. They also aren't being denied any opportunities to see competitive games at 'reasonable' price - this is a nice little extra, and nothing more. With little to no TV money and sizeable costs, the club will look at exploiting the luxury end of the market. And they are exploiting them, but that's capitalism for you.

Honestly, if you start squeaking about everything then it kinda makes light of the real cost-related issues like the shirts, the shite, over-priced food or (whisper it) discounts for those on JSA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Dutch trip......£1250   Cost of Dutch trip......£1250 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cost of Dutch trip......£1250
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next