VillageGreen
Czarcasm
green_genie
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 8:17 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
A 46 year old keeper?

You boys are turning into a bit of a sad joke.

Just feck off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 8:21 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Today was a sickener on several levels.

For starters those of us who with naive idealism have always favoured the fan-owned model of ownership as a better ethical model for the game to follow now have nowhere to go. God alone knows how a team could behave much worse on the pitch. So much for that.

As for the rest I have just seen the second longest first half I have ever witnessed. 9 whole minutes of injury time and that was probably being skimpy with it. I have no idea how often their physio came onto the pitch but it must have been at least 5 times and, the injury to their goalie apart, all for nought. We spent as much time watching the grass grow as we did watching football.

The referee was very, very weak and allowed them to get away with blue murder. PCH went down injured in our 6 yard box. The physio came on and saw to him and when he was back on his feet walked him off to the halfway line in front of the Lyndy. Why? Are they not supposed to just leave to the nearest touchline?

And so it went on. And on and on and on. Little niggly fouls one after the other; playing the man and not the ball, stealing yards and wasting time at every single opportunity. Home Park was a very rancourous place.

It all boiled over for the first time near the eventual half-time mark. For starters the 4th official held up a board saying 5 minutes were to be added. Adams did his nut on the touchline and the ref came over and increased it to 9 when 19 wouldn't have been unfair. Then Jervis was fouled about 3 times as the ref eventually gave the fould the ball broke and McHugh made a strong challenge for it with everybody piling in as handbags were swung with abandon. Hayes and McCormick being particularly prominent and I'm pretty sure one of their defenders piled and had a cheap dig at McHugh. who, when it all calmed down, was booked.

Their goal was horrible pin-ball job right at the start.

In the interregnum between their keeper getting hurt and going off he took a goal kick, which he fluffed badly, Wylde broke and squared to Reid who missed horribly when it looked easier to score. I think his effort actually hit the corner flag.

In the second half we completely failed to work their replacement keeper (who was a kind of Bittner character but much older and shorter) apart from one effort that was cleared off the line and a couple of woefully weak sidefooters which were easily saved. I'm not sure who the first effort was but McHugh was the guilty party for the second.

And that was pretty much it except for Carey, who did OK, coming of for Jervis at half-time, Brunt replacing Tanner and nardiello, who did nothing except get caught off-side, coming on for Threlkeld until the end when it all kicked-off in the tunnel. The word in the pub afterwards was that Adams and Ainsworth had squared up but I have no idea what went on.

All in all a horrible afternoon.

Cheers for the report, SFD.

Sounds like a horrible afternoon but Argyle need to be able to rise above all of that crap and find a way to win. The fact that Wycombe are 13 points behind us suggests other teams have managed to do just that.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:08 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

For starters those of us who with naive idealism have always favoured the fan-owned model of ownership as a better ethical model for the game to follow now have nowhere to go. God alone knows how a team could behave much worse on the pitch. So much for that.

Excuse me, but since when has having a fan owned club had anything to whatsoever with the behavior on the pitch. Behavior is down to the manager, and nothing else. Ainsworth is who he is, and such types have always been around.
I assume you had your tongue in your cheek.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 1:57 pm

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Adams needs to have a word with aboothroyd and learn how to out nasty a better team. Sounds like we had a proper number done on us, don't get mad get even.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:27 pm

Greenlander wrote:
I make that two home wins from seven (league only - 2 from 9 if you count the cups). It's hard to reconcile our title winning away form with the relegation stuff at Home Park.

It seems that every year a side who rips it up before Christmas, fades badly in the new year. Just look how Luton crashed and burned last time out. I fear we might be following that trajectory.

Quite frankly , it's a good job we're as high in the league as we are.  

And Oxford United sometime back.

Argyle could bottle it big time now with these indifferent matches week in, week out. They need to recapture the early season form that saw them sitting comfortable. Will they or can they find past form though and hold on to one of the top three spots, god knows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4