VillageGreen
Czarcasm
green_genie
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 5:50 pm

[quote="tigertony"]We started the day 9 points above 4th and we have finished it 9 points above 4th with 1 less game for the chasing pack to catch up. There's always a positive. Games in hand do not = points in the bag. I believe thats only the 3rd game this season we havn't scored a goal. Onwards
Oh .... McCauley out!!![/quote

piss off captain wankspasm cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 5:56 pm

We're Plymouth Argyle and were trying our best.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Is it right 1 home win since october ????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 5:59 pm

I am sure we will strengthen in the transfer window.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:02 pm

Promotion on the cheap was never going to happen, you need players on contracts commited to the club. Adams does however seem a one trick pony when it comes to winning home matches.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:18 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Promotion on the cheap was never going to happen, you need players on contracts commited to the club. Adams does however seem a one trick pony when it comes to winning home matches.

A side that is not winning home games when they count is a side that is not going to win promotion.

Argyle really need to sort themselves out and try to find the form from early doors and stay in the top three come whatever may.

If the side end up in the Play-Offs after being in the top three for the most of the season, I would be highly annoyed with that lottery scenario again. I would be hopeful that they may amend though.

If the side end up out of the top seven, I would be extremely angry and highly critical of the way it had all fallen apart, especially when the going got tough.

I hope the team do not bottle it as we enter the final (crucial) three months of the season, it would be a bloody travesty.

Having said that, we know of teams who have gone walkabout after coasting the top 3 of League Two and will Argyle be added to that list.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:20 pm

Strange afternoon.Kick off was delayed apparently because a sprinkler hadn't stopped working.My seat was broken.No burgers or hot dogs at half time.Mate of mine said that complaints were made about the ladies bogs in the grandstand. Seems that certain acts need to be got together to "enhance the matchday experience",jargonistically speaking.The Wycombe set piece curse struck again.The guy duffed a left footed corner-not sure if it hit the post but small scramble followed by a half clearance and a big scramble and a shitty goal.I think the rest of the half was one of the least enjoyable ever in my experience-bizarre incident when their keeper went down with an injury,had treatment,stubbed a clearance straight to Wylde who crossed for Reid to steer wide of the far post with the keeper on the deck,resulting in his being carried off.Can't remember much else of note.Argyle piled on the pressure second half but rarely worked the sub keeper,best chance fell to McHugh whose powder puff effort was easily saved-apparently big fisticuffs between Adams and Ainsworth after the final whistle.Biggest criticism of Argyle all afternoon was the tendency to take one pass too many and not have a smack when the opportunity arose,a common failing of last years team.Argyle's home record,especially against high placed teams, is starting to look rather shabby and it isn't all due to "shit refs" which always seems to be the excuse.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:22 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

A side that is not winning home games when they count is a side that is not going to win promotion.

Argyle really need to sort themselves out and try to find the form from early doors and stay in the top three come whatever may.

If the side end up in the Play-Offs after being in the top three for the most of the season, I would be highly annoyed with that lottery scenario again.

If the side end up out of the top seven, I would be extremely angry and highly critical.

I hope the team do not bottle it as we enter the final (crucial) three months of the season, it would be a bloody travesty.

Having said that, we know of teams who have gone walkabout after coasting the top 3 of League Two and will Argyle be added to that list.
Nobody would fancy this Argyle squad to win the playoffs surely? i think they would'nt have a prayer.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:27 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Strange afternoon.Kick off was delayed apparently because a sprinkler hadn't stopped working.My seat was broken.No burgers or hot dogs at half time.Mate of mine said that complaints were made about the ladies bogs in the grandstand. Seems that certain acts need to be got together to "enhance the matchday experience",jargonistically speaking.The Wycombe set piece curse struck again.The guy duffed a left footed corner-not sure if it hit the post but small scramble followed by a half clearance and a big scramble and a shitty goal.I think the rest of the half was one of the least enjoyable ever in my experience-bizarre incident when their keeper went down with an injury,had treatment,stubbed a clearance straight to Wylde who crossed for Reid to steer wide of the far post with the keeper on the deck,resulting in his being carried off.Can't remember much else of note.Argyle piled on the pressure second half but rarely worked the sub keeper,best chance fell to McHugh whose powder puff effort was easily saved-apparently big fisticuffs between Adams and Ainsworth after the final whistle.Biggest criticism of Argyle all afternoon was the tendency to take one pass too many and not have a smack when the opportunity arose,a common failing of last years team.Argyle's home record,especially against high placed teams, is starting to look rather shabby and it isn't all due to "shit refs" which always seems to be the excuse.
The Matchday experience in the Directors Box is very different to the one suffered by the lower orders, the Super sized Superfan ought to try it! The Pasoti Coaches are blaming Ainsworth and the shit ref for yet another home defeat. lol!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:
We started the day 9 points above 4th and we have finished it 9 points above 4th with 1 less game for the chasing pack to catch up. There's always a positive. Games in hand do not = points in the bag. I believe thats only the 3rd game this season we havn't scored a goal. Onwards

Calm down now Able Seaman Angry ..... we'll be OK.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 7:01 pm

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:
We started the day 9 points above 4th and we have finished it 9 points above 4th with 1 less game for the chasing pack to catch up. There's always a positive. Games in hand do not = points in the bag. I believe thats only the 3rd game this season we havn't scored a goal. Onwards

Sorry to come over all 'Pasoti', but how much of our wank home form have you actually witnessed, to come to that conclusion?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 7:15 pm

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:

we were at one point 5 points clear at the top of table

we are now in real danger of being too far behind to catch Northampton if they win their 2 games in hand and oxford are creeping up as are the other teams who have strengthen well,

there is nothing to spin positivley about that for me
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 7:26 pm

Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:

we were at one point 5 points clear at the top of table

we are now in real danger of being too far behind to catch Northampton if they win their 2 games in hand and oxford are creeping up as are the other teams who have strengthen well,

there is nothing to spin positivley about that for me

The brentophiles will always spout their baseless optimism in the face of the grim facts.

The reality will only dawn on them when were still a struggling L2 club next season. Perhaps even then I'm not sure it will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 7:47 pm

It's a feckin disgrace that were still I this feckin league, Im beginning to think that Brent is scared of success, he seems really keen on avoiding it at all costs.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 7:52 pm

Today was a sickener on several levels.

For starters those of us who with naive idealism have always favoured the fan-owned model of ownership as a better ethical model for the game to follow now have nowhere to go. God alone knows how a team could behave much worse on the pitch. So much for that.

As for the rest I have just seen the second longest first half I have ever witnessed. 9 whole minutes of injury time and that was probably being skimpy with it. I have no idea how often their physio came onto the pitch but it must have been at least 5 times and, the injury to their goalie apart, all for nought. We spent as much time watching the grass grow as we did watching football.

The referee was very, very weak and allowed them to get away with blue murder. PCH went down injured in our 6 yard box. The physio came on and saw to him and when he was back on his feet walked him off to the halfway line in front of the Lyndy. Why? Are they not supposed to just leave to the nearest touchline?

And so it went on. And on and on and on. Little niggly fouls one after the other; playing the man and not the ball, stealing yards and wasting time at every single opportunity. Home Park was a very rancourous place.

It all boiled over for the first time near the eventual half-time mark. For starters the 4th official held up a board saying 5 minutes were to be added. Adams did his nut on the touchline and the ref came over and increased it to 9 when 19 wouldn't have been unfair. Then Jervis was fouled about 3 times as the ref eventually gave the fould the ball broke and McHugh made a strong challenge for it with everybody piling in as handbags were swung with abandon. Hayes and McCormick being particularly prominent and I'm pretty sure one of their defenders piled and had a cheap dig at McHugh. who, when it all calmed down, was booked.

Their goal was horrible pin-ball job right at the start.

In the interregnum between their keeper getting hurt and going off he took a goal kick, which he fluffed badly, Wylde broke and squared to Reid who missed horribly when it looked easier to score. I think his effort actually hit the corner flag.

In the second half we completely failed to work their replacement keeper (who was a kind of Bittner character but much older and shorter) apart from one effort that was cleared off the line and a couple of woefully weak sidefooters which were easily saved. I'm not sure who the first effort was but McHugh was the guilty party for the second.

And that was pretty much it except for Carey, who did OK, coming of for Jervis at half-time, Brunt replacing Tanner and nardiello, who did nothing except get caught off-side, coming on for Threlkeld until the end when it all kicked-off in the tunnel. The word in the pub afterwards was that Adams and Ainsworth had squared up but I have no idea what went on.

All in all a horrible afternoon.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 9:14 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Sorry to come over all 'Pasoti', but how much of our wank home form have you actually witnessed, to come to that conclusion?
Can't quite see the connection between my original post and ''home form'' except you're probably sat there with some meat in your hand waiting to type ''eeeeeeez not a prapeeeerrrr fan is 'e'' I would like to get to more games but I do work/have commitments 7 days a week, 365 days a year. I try to not do negative but look for the positive spin. As for Pasoti I'm pleased you brought that up because over the last few months some posters on here have been showing the same reaction to non-supporting posts as you get over the road. Oh well - onwards we go.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 9:56 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
It's a feckin disgrace that were still I this feckin league, Im beginning to think that Brent is scared of success, he seems really keen on avoiding it at all costs.

I agree, you should have gone down in one of the two seasons you scraped survival by a gnats nudger.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 9:58 pm

It's a lovely morning in Adelaide and I'm off to watch the Blind Ashes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 9:59 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

I agree, you should have gone down in one of the two seasons you scraped survival by a gnats nudger.

It wouldn't have been I'll deserved would it? Ried staring the season with 9 players, then the Fletcher debacle, saved by the Shez only to try really hard to feck up Adams chances by not backing him in January, Brent is a dirty Greek foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 9:59 pm

A 46 year old keeper?

You boys are turning into a bit of a sad joke.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 10:04 pm

It's only a game...........
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:39 am

I make that two home wins from seven (league only - 2 from 9 if you count the cups). It's hard to reconcile our title winning away form with the relegation stuff at Home Park.

It seems that every year a side who rips it up before Christmas, fades badly in the new year. Just look how Luton crashed and burned last time out. I fear we might be following that trajectory.

Quite frankly , it's a good job we're as high in the league as we are.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 6:54 am

Today is the last day for any incoming ?? Or is it tomorrow ??
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 7:30 am

I think it's tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 7:45 am

Monday 11pm.....(2300hrs)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers match day thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next