Go down 
+2
Czarcasm
Tgwu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Luton Town new stadium  Empty
PostSubject: Luton Town new stadium    Luton Town new stadium  EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:25 pm

Luton Town have identified the Power Court site, near the town's railway station, as their ideal location for a new 17,500-seater stadium.

The Hatters want to move into the new ground by 2020 and will submit a planning application in the summer.

The club hope to develop land they own near junction 10 of the M1 with retail, leisure and office facilities to help fund the cost of the Power Court site.

Luton have been at their current stadium, Kenilworth Road, since 1905.

Chief executive Gary Sweet explained that the club have been looking at the Power Court site since 2008, despite it having numerous issues.

A river runs through the middle of the site, it houses a substation and the land is contaminated.

But Sweet insisted that the cost of restoring the site would not plunge the club into debt.

"In our minds I don't think there was ever a site that was better than Power Court," he told BBC Three Counties Radio.

"We never really appreciated it was a reality because it is a very difficult site to develop.

"The football club will not be in debt as the funding for purchasing those pieces of land will come from private investors that are involved with the football club now.

"It will be completely independent of the football club and will have not impact on the club."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town new stadium    Luton Town new stadium  EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 7:57 am

I'm feckin sick of reading about numerous clubs getting new stadia or nice new shiny stands. Here we are with a scabby rickety bag O shite for a grandstand with a twat of an owner who can't even manage to get a fooking brick laid.

If it goes on much longer, phase one will need replacing also - we'll be in a right fooking state then. Pfft.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town new stadium    Luton Town new stadium  EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:49 am

This has got to be the first time I've seen a club of similar size and potential to us, showing even less ambition than Brent has for Argyle. 17,500 capacity? They'd be locking people out on a regular basis if they got on a roll. I do hope for their (and all away fans) sake they get away from the Kennel though. Awful place.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town new stadium    Luton Town new stadium  EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:59 am

On the other hand 17,500 doubles what they already have...

More realistically Luton have had more stadium plans than any other team and none of them have amounted to a hill of beans. There's far more to actually getting it done than just planning it - as we have seen down here.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town new stadium    Luton Town new stadium  EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 10:01 am

No F1 racing track i see this time
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town new stadium    Luton Town new stadium  EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 10:14 am

Czarcasm wrote:
This has got to be the first time I've seen a club of similar size and potential to us, showing even less ambition than Brent has for Argyle. 17,500 capacity? They'd be locking people out on a regular basis if they got on a roll. I do hope for their (and all away fans) sake they get away from the Kennel though. Awful place.
I agree about the 17500 capacity, that all seems a bit Jimmy Ministand! They would probably expand it quite quickly if successful though.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town new stadium    Luton Town new stadium  EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 8:44 pm

Luton Borough Council is, apparently, all for it and the new ground, built on derelict brownfield land, will both fix an eyesore and be very handily located for the railway station.

Word is this one could be a real goer.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town new stadium    Luton Town new stadium  EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:27 pm

Could see luton being a top flight side if they had a decent sized ground....dont forget watfords capacity aint huge mind.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town new stadium    Luton Town new stadium  EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 1:03 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

More realistically Luton have had more stadium plans than any other team and none of them have amounted to a hill of beans. There's far more to actually getting it done than just planning it - as we have seen down here.

Kenilworth Road holds over 10k so not quite double and it seems a tad pessimistic when viewed against the 30k at MK, their problem is they have to actually pay for it, the council paid for the newest bits of yours and Brent's actions show that he doubts any money can be made out of further development ar Gnome Park.

It's funny the way some of you still seem to think money grows on trees, most clubs that have had to fund their own rebuilds have got into financial trouble subsequently, Luton have great experience of financial fubar and their new owners seem to have learned the lessons, Brent knows the drawbacks and he isn't a fan, so until you make it back to at least the Championship, god forbid, where the pickings are a tad better I suspect you can forget even a shiny new mini stand.

Luton have been talking about a new stadium since the old king was on the throne, I shall believe it when I see it.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town new stadium    Luton Town new stadium  EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 1:05 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I agree about the 17500 capacity, that all seems a bit Jimmy Ministand! They would probably expand it quite quickly if successful though.

Brighton only had a 22,500 cap at their new ground but the design allowed apparently quite easy expansion. Having said that they have spent over a £100 million on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town new stadium    Luton Town new stadium  EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Oout all sLord Tisdale wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Kenilworth Road holds over 10k so not quite double and it seems a tad pessimistic when viewed against the 30k at MK, their problem is they have to actually pay for it, the council paid for the newest bits of yours and Brent's actions show that he doubts any money can be made out of further development ar Gnome Park.

It's funny the way some of you still seem to think money grows on trees, most clubs that have had to fund their own rebuilds have got into financial trouble subsequently, Luton have great experience of financial fubar and their new owners seem to have learned the lessons, Brent knows the drawbacks and he isn't a fan, so until you make it back to at least the Championship, god forbid, where the pickings are a tad better I suspect you can forget even a shiny new mini stand.

Luton have been talking about a new stadium since the old king was on the throne, I shall believe it when I see. 
 Inaccurate and misleading post there Turds.

1. The new bits were paid for by a grant from the football stadia improvement fund. Not the council
2. The council own the ground so of course if they wanted to build a feck off great big grandstand then it's their asset
3. We've forgotten about a shiny new stand long ago. Still beats the shithole you call home though.

Stick to the Alf Garnett stuff matey..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luton Town new stadium    Luton Town new stadium  Empty

Back to top Go down

Luton Town new stadium
Page 1 of 1