Freathy
VillageGreen
Mock Cuncher
Tgwu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 8:17 pm

We like our woodwork these days. That's twice now. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 8:18 pm

oh dear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 8:21 pm

bugger
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 8:21 pm

Inevitable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Damn their eyes.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 8:31 pm

Fark!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 8:42 pm

Could be the hiding of the century tonight. Oxford are a class above. As expected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Webb using the opportunity to excuse himself regarding Wrathall, sorry, "Tony". He now thinks all that matters is Argyle winning, and the boardroom shenanigans are irrelevant. Laughing Danced over a total U-turn. I can't listen to him anymore, I have dishes to wash. The radio is off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:05 pm

Who's going to rescue us a point then? Jervis or Boateng?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:13 pm

The board room shenanigans weren't irrelevant when it lead us into administration!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:34 pm

Shezzas Newport are beating Wycombe 2 nil
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 pm

Bugger. Carp day in office tomorrow then with me OUFC supporting colleagues
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:40 pm

Oxford have hit both posts and the bar, similar to Stan on Saturday. Let's be honest we haven't been playing that well and were almost certainly in a false position at the top of the league. Another defeat(nailed on) on Saturday at Luton and then we will see what Adams and the players have, promotion credentials wise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:41 pm

adams out this loss is uncalled for. I 100% blame that plebb on comms for cursing us

Going to have to start again come saturday i suppose
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:44 pm

What a bonus Stevenage equalising in the 94th minute... cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:47 pm

More luck, lolz. Can't buy it but you've got to love it when you're on it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:52 pm

Mansfield won in the 94th minute though. Argyle need to get something on Saturday or the pack could start to catch up.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:54 pm

From what I've seen served up at HP so far this season I have to say that this defeat is long overdue.
Back to top Go down
Ken Adams

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:58 pm

Early days, early days. We all know the big test is Xmas and January window. If Adams is allowed to bolster squad and hold on to key players we have a chance. Unfortunately I think we all know what happens when Brent smells pension pot money. Promotion if it happens will be in spite of Jimbo...not because of him. Long long way to go though.

ps. pleased for Shez tonight...cracking result.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 10:06 pm

Ken Adams wrote:
Early days, early days. We all know the big test is Xmas and January window. If Adams is allowed to bolster squad and hold on to key players we have a chance. Unfortunately I think we all know what happens when Brent smells pension pot money. Promotion if it happens will be in spite of Jimbo...not because of him. Long long way to go though.

ps. pleased for Shez tonight...cracking result.

Thanks/OK geddon bhey Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 10:08 pm

Completely outplayed again but this time the best team won. It's true we're clearly in a false position - but not for long. We'll drop to mid-table just in time for the Jan transfer window when we're sure to lose Reid and Carey at least. I don't want to think where we'll be in May.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 4:38 am

Given what I have read recently and seen vs. Notts County that defeat was long overdue. The test for this team is to make sure losses are blips not the beginning of runs.

This team when on song is good enough for promotion, however there is not much below the surface. Adam's comments about resources could be him beginning the public battle to ensure that firstly we do not lose anyone in January, and secondly we strengthen. As many have said on here Adams doesn't look like the kind of man who will shy away from letting the board know what he thinks.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 4:39 am

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Webb using the opportunity to excuse himself regarding Wrathall, sorry, "Tony". He now thinks all that matters is Argyle winning, and the boardroom shenanigans are irrelevant. Laughing Danced over a total U-turn.

Prick
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 4:44 am

Sir John Hawkins wrote:

Hey, Henge, if you're into "shaving" in that special way, you'll like this number. One of my favourite band from the 70s
Grupo Sportivo. So Dutch in a Rezillos sort of way

You need a bit of 'Beep Beep Love' Sir John...
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:12 am

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Webb using the opportunity to excuse himself regarding Wrathall, sorry, "Tony". He now thinks all that matters is Argyle winning, and the boardroom shenanigans are irrelevant. Laughing Danced over a total U-turn. I can't listen to him anymore, I have dishes to wash. The radio is off.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The the wrote:
When we (The supporters, staff and James Brent) saved our great Club the last thing I ever imagined seeing was one of the ex directors walking back through the boardroom doors.

It is my personally held view as somebody who loves this Club that the only positive brought to the table by this decision is financially related.

I can't speak on behalf of the staff but morally whilst they still remain unpaid in many cases it cannot be right that someone who contributed to that plight walks back through the doors and gets waited on by those people every fortnight.

From the supporters perspective it hurts. We fought against these individuals. I (and many others) saw up close how near we came to dying. Never at any point did one of the ex directors offer financial support to our campaign then. They were missing when it mattered.

I want(ed) our Football Club to be different. I want us to set the standards on and off the field. This is a set back in building that vision and building a Club based on the size of talent not the size of the wallet. Today is a huge blow to the dream we all fought for.

Staff still not paid up.

Tony Wrathall sitting, looking out on a pitch he and the others did not pay for.

I cannot and will not buy into this 'it was not his fault' argument. We had 7 directors. The blame is shared equally. Whether that be through incompetence or a thought out action is irrelevant.

The news has shattered me if I am honest. I believe the board has let down James Brent by not realising how the fans would feel about this decision.

I have relayed my thoughts firmly to James Brent and the directors. James is a huge personal friend of mine and I know he feels this is for the best for the Club on a financial basis.

If Tony Wrathall truly loved this Club and truly wanted to make amends then he would use the money to pay off the staff debt and return to the terraces as a supporter.

On the pitch (where most of us care about) things are looking up. We have an owner that cares, a manager assembling a competitive squad, the fans are dreaming of Wembley but minds are now thrown back 3 years to our darkest hour.

I'm really not sure where my future at the Club lies and maybe this post will make the decision for me. I will certainly not be able to frequent the boardroom at any point whilst Tony Wrathall remains on the board. I also know that unity is always the way forward and I will be attacked for breaking it but the decision is so divisive that bringing people together off the back if it is almost impossible.

I'm not a businessman. I'm a simple Janner. I know money talks but I am a firm believer that sometimes in life things are just wrong. This is one such time.

We didn't fight so hard for this. We fought for better.

Take care.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OXFORD MATCH THREAD   OXFORD MATCH THREAD - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OXFORD MATCH THREAD
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next