Tringreen
ConDeLaCreme
AstiSpumante
Josh Pope
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:23 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Graiser wrote:
I would imagine we offered decent salaries to attract some of the summer signings, which I expect would rather tie up the budget a bit don't you think.
Don't expect Carey's on ninepence a week

As miserable Les said earlier, I'd imagine we've received a nice bit of unbudgeted income from the increased attendances and JPT run which could enable a bit of flexibility in the budget don't you think ?

If we can sustain the crowds then yes, the club used to state the crowd break even figure at the start of every season but we don't seem to get that info anymore, unless it's passed me by, it would be interesting to know what it is though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
ConDeLaCreme wrote:
PlymstockGreen wrote:
Maybe our extortionate ticket prices could be justified by investing the money into a strong playing budget, but, erm.....

'Budget restrictions' stopping us from signing that 'keeper we have on trial, according to the manager today anyway.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bottom paragraph of the article.

Not being able to sign anyone till **JANUARY** because of "budgetary restraints", points to a possibility of players being sold in the transfer window. Unless Brent has some magic beans which only turn to cash in the new year.

Same old Argo. No

We wont sign anyone in january i can see it now. Sadly Del Bhey will have to work miracles with a thread bare squad and a man tighter than a nuns unmentionables with his cash.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 10:23 pm

Argyle Fans' Trust chairman Bob Foale gives backing to club over ticket prices

THE CHAIRMAN of the Argyle Fans' Trust has backed the League Two club over their pricing policy for tickets.

The comments of Bob Foale came in the wake of the BBC's Price of Football survey, which was published this week.

It claimed that there are four Premier League clubs, and a whole host of overseas giants, who offer cheaper season tickets than Argyle.

The survey also stated that the Pilgrims' matchday tickets at all-seater Home Park are among the priciest in League Two.

However, Argyle chief executive Martyn Starnes responded by saying there were some 'fundamental inaccuracies' in the BBC report.

For example, he stated that early bird prices for season tickets and matchday tickets were not taken into account.

Foale told Herald Sport: "I don't have a big beef with the club over this. It's value for money as long as we are top of the league.

"In fairness to the club, before we got into the play-offs last season they said the season ticket prices would be frozen even if we got into League One.

"By doing that they were looking after fans who bought their season tickets at the early bird price."

Foale also pointed out that Argyle were still paying their way out of the club's period in administration in 2011 so, long term, the club had to be a viable one.

He added: "I have been to some awful grounds in League Two, where there has been only one burger van and one toilet, and we have stood on open terracing in freezing weather.

"I wouldn't expect to pay £22 (Argyle's adult match ticket price if bought on the day of the game) for that."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @heraldnewslive on Twitter | theplymouthherald on Facebook
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 10:25 pm

what a deluded man bob is.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 10:38 pm

I think £20 adult £15 OAP is about right, charging an extra £2 for POTD is just greedy nonsense and should be scrapped. The food and drink is overpriced and shite but you don't have to buy it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Maybe Foale's monthly meeting with Starnes is for the club to pass over agreed wording for AFT press releases.  Very Happy  

I think we can safely put the idea of an independent trust to bed now. All tucked up nicely along with Pasoti. Proponents all, of the great philanthropist.
Rickler, are you going to carry through with your threat and leave the Trust ?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 1:57 am

Sir John Hawkins wrote:

Rickler, are you going to carry through with your threat and leave the Trust ?

Yes, it is already a done deed.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 8:14 am

Seems bob & the trust has now gone from critical friend to friend to best friend now jimmys bum licking friend shocking
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 8:26 am

Tgwu wrote:

THE CHAIRMAN of the Argyle Fans' Trust has backed the League Two club over their pricing policy for tickets.

The comments of Bob Foale came in the wake of the BBC's Price of Football survey, which was published this week.

It claimed that there are four Premier League clubs, and a whole host of overseas giants, who offer cheaper season tickets than Argyle.

The survey also stated that the Pilgrims' matchday tickets at all-seater Home Park are among the priciest in League Two.

However, Argyle chief executive Martyn Starnes responded by saying there were some 'fundamental inaccuracies' in the BBC report.

For example, he stated that early bird prices for season tickets and matchday tickets were not taken into account.

Foale told Herald Sport: "I don't have a big beef with the club over this. It's value for money as long as we are top of the league.

"In fairness to the club, before we got into the play-offs last season they said the season ticket prices would be frozen even if we got into League One.

"By doing that they were looking after fans who bought their season tickets at the early bird price."

Foale also pointed out that Argyle were still paying their way out of the club's period in administration in 2011 so, long term, the club had to be a viable one.

He added: "I have been to some awful grounds in League Two, where there has been only one burger van and one toilet, and we have stood on open terracing in freezing weather.

"I wouldn't expect to pay £22 (Argyle's adult match ticket price if bought on the day of the game) for that."

So presumably the prices will drop should Argyle drop a few places in the table? Rather an odd argument seeing as the prices were fixed before anyone had a clue that Argyle would do so well this season.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 8:36 am

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
ConDeLaCreme wrote:
PlymstockGreen wrote:
Maybe our extortionate ticket prices could be justified by investing the money into a strong playing budget, but, erm.....

'Budget restrictions' stopping us from signing that 'keeper we have on trial, according to the manager today anyway.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bottom paragraph of the article.

Not being able to sign anyone till **JANUARY** because of "budgetary restraints", points to a possibility of players being sold in the transfer window. Unless Brent has some magic beans which only turn to cash in the new year.

Same old Argo. No

We wont sign anyone in january i can see it now. Sadly Del Bhey will have to work miracles with a thread bare squad and a man tighter than a nuns unmentionables with his cash.

Watch Portsmouth, Luton and the other actual SERIOUS promotion challengers strengthen in January while we sell Reid & Carey to the first bidder. Brent must be driven out of our club NOW!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 9:48 am

Greenskin wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

So presumably the prices will drop should Argyle drop a few places in the table? Rather an odd argument seeing as the prices were fixed before anyone had a clue that Argyle would do so well this season.

Twenty two quid to watch fourth division football is an outragous rip off, Uncle Bob from Brents trust is talking rubbish if he thinks thats reasonable for the average fan!
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 10:50 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

First I've seen of this. I must admit saying it's value for money while we're top is rather a strange comment to make. That's if the comment has been reported correctly and not completely taken out off context. The Herald ( along with most papers) are very good at leaving out important words or sentences that make something sound totally different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 6:41 pm

Richard, you're getting into defending the indefensible territory.
There's three sentences there from Mr Foale, backing Brent's expensive prices to the hilt. That's the new Trust under Foale, and why Pasoti now like the cut of their jib. Tucked under nicely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 8:32 pm

Sounds like Bob has looked into his eyes.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Going to throw in my own (NOT the AFT's) argument here about pricing. For years, I've listened to people moan about price but who would then think nothing of jumping on a coach to travel to Villa Park or Anfield paying almost double the price.

When we were in the Championship a ticket on the Mayflower was just £15....FIFTEEN QUID....and still people moaned, when others in the same division who'd benefited from Premiership relegation parachute payments were charging £30+. Now you cannot put out a side to challenge for promotion on those numbers....do the maths.

Some PL clubs charge just £25 for SOME of their games. I went to Swansea v Sunderland last season for that price, but see if you can get their tickets at that price when they're playing Manchester United. I don't think so.

If we want our side to do well beyond Lge2 or even Lge1 going into the Championship then it has to be paid for I'm afraid and there was no way we could have continually sustained a Championship side on £15 a ticket. Yes the whole World Cup thing was of course our undoing but it would have caught up with us eventually. I'm sure most supporters seem to think a successful team is free and needs no financing.

Just my two cents....

Tony.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:02 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Going to throw in my own (NOT the AFT's) argument here about pricing. For years, I've listened to people moan about price but who would then think nothing of jumping on a coach to travel to Villa Park or Anfield paying almost double the price.

When we were in the Championship a ticket on the Mayflower was just £15....FIFTEEN QUID....and still people moaned, when others in the same division who'd benefited from Premiership relegation parachute payments were charging £30+. Now you cannot put out a side to challenge for promotion on those numbers....do the maths.

Some PL clubs charge just £25 for SOME of their games. I went to Swansea v Sunderland last season for that price, but see if you can get their tickets at that price when they're playing Manchester United. I don't think so.

If we want our side to do well beyond Lge2 or even Lge1 going into the Championship then it has to be paid for I'm afraid and there was no way we could have continually sustained a Championship side on £15 a ticket. Yes the whole World Cup thing was of course our undoing but it would have caught up with us eventually. I'm sure most supporters seem to think a successful team is free and needs no financing.

Just my two cents....

Tony.

another deluded one. Vote tory by anychance?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:15 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

Just my two cents....

Tony.

Good post, agree with most of it. As I said earlier "I think £20 adult £15 OAP is about right, charging an extra £2 for POTD is just greedy nonsense and should be scrapped".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:15 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
I'm afraid and there was no way we could have continually sustained a Championship side on £15 a ticket. Yes the whole World Cup thing was of course our undoing but it would have caught up with us eventually. I'm sure most supporters seem to think a successful team is free and needs no financing.

Just my two cents....

Tony.
If £15 was so disastrous, why do ST holders get to see every game at not much more than £13 a game, Tony ? And U18s get in for about 3 pence. ST holders have never paid more than the £12 to £13 they pay now.
The real problem is regular ST fans are being given huge discounts at the expense of POTD fans, almost 50 %, resulting in ridiculous traditional POTD prices at the turnstiles. Many of those ST holders would point blank refuse to pay £23 a game at the turnstiles. Discounts were never, ever that sort of amount in the past. Again, it's insulting, and the club, nor the AFT, can see it, nor want to see it. It's an inconvenient truth.
As it happens, I thought Todd's reduction to £15 was the best thing he ever did for the club. What a pity he didn't keep an eye on the manager and his ludicrously expensive signings. For a minute, I thought we were going German, where prices are around £12 for the top football.
In the end, attendances will reflect the price in L2. You are in effect personally backing up the Brent philosophy. It's not just a Brent philosophy, it has been practiced since McCauley took over. And what is Banker Brent's implication ? the BBC have got it in for us/me". Perleeeeeease.

Last edited by Sir John Hawkins on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:20 pm

Steel Cannon, of course the team needs financing, but so does Jimmys pension fund as well
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:25 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

Just my two cents....

Tony.

Clubs like Burnley, Bournemouth and Blackpool have achieved promotion to the premier league in recent years on similar or lower gates than Argyle were getting and I would seriously doubt that they charged exorbitant prices to do it.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:26 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

Just my two cents....

Tony.

Dear old dear mr Trust Man, why is a season ticket at Man City three hundred pounds yet at Brents Argyle its three hundred and eighty? Twenty two pounds to watch fourth divison football match is a rip off, to make it worse Argyle have a small budget for that league so its not spent on the team! still mr Brent will be pleased that the Tame Trust think its fine.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 10:38 pm

Suffered,

that argument doesn't hold water. For a start I doubt very much whether any regular season ticket holders paid £380 when they could buy it for £320 on the 'early bird' offer. I certainly don't know one and I'm surrounded by them.

Comparing Argyle with Man City is also ridiculous when it's been widely reported that the Premiership clubs are so awash with television money that they have ( in general ) been holding their prices down or even reducing them. Premiership clubs are not relying on gate money through attendances for their revenue. Clubs in the 3rd and 4th divisions are relying on gate money to survive.

Can you tell me how you know that Argyle's budget for this season is small? Or is this just an internet assumption? Argyle haven't said what the budget is and it's very unlikely they will tell us. No matter how many times we ask the question.

Just for clarity I don't necessarily agree with all the clubs pricing policy and I thought part of Bob's statement didn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 10:41 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Suffered,

that argument doesn't hold water. For a start I doubt very much whether any regular season ticket holders paid £380 when they could buy it for £320 on the 'early bird' offer. I certainly don't know one and I'm surrounded by them.

Comparing Argyle with Man City is also ridiculous when it's been widely reported that the Premiership clubs are so awash with television money that they have ( in general ) been holding their prices down or even reducing them. Premiership clubs are not relying on gate money through attendances for their revenue. Clubs in the 3rd and 4th divisions are relying on gate money to survive.

Can you tell me how you know that Argyle's budget for this season is small? Or is this just an internet assumption? Argyle haven't said what the budget is and it's very unlikely they will tell us. No matter how many times we ask the question.

Just for clarity I don't necessarily agree with all the clubs pricing policy and I thought part of Bob's statement didn't make sense.

Derek Adams, in his preamble to the match tonight, certainly more than hinted that Argyle are not in the same league as Oxford when it comes to budgetary allocations.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 10:44 pm

Season tkt holders refuse to pay normal admission.....ever wondered why early fa cup ties get sod all fans everywhere nowadays
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next