Tringreen
ConDeLaCreme
AstiSpumante
Josh Pope
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle Empty
PostSubject: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 11:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (original article)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i don't think the bbc said anything that was already public knowledge. the club are charging way too much especially for its retail and refreshments which year after year fans bring up in john lloyds survey and in other mediums and they only ignore it and charge more for less quality.

In this case martn forgets to mention they up the price for high profile games and charge people more for buying tickets online and printing tickets at home.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 12:06 am

Meh, we've always been a f*cking disgrace with our general marketing and attitude towards costs.

Suppose the owner is a business person and not a football person, so what can we expect.

Brent out.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 10:00 am

Paven wrote:
Meh, we've always been a f*cking disgrace with our general marketing and attitude towards costs.

Suppose the owner is a business person and not a football person, so what can we expect.

Brent out.

Ian will not be impressed when he reads that.
Back to top Go down
ConDeLaCreme

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 1:30 pm

Worth noting the early-bird thing Starnes was using to defend our shocking season ticket prices ended on something like April 14th, so even before last season ended. Also interesting the usual suspects are saying you can't compare Argyle to the likes of Accrington, York and Dagenham (we're massive, you see?) well last time I checked we're both in the same division and have been for a short while now, and Brent also appears to be reliant on volunteers for a number of things, so er, yes, you can compare us with those clubs I guess.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 1:49 pm

ConDeLaCreme wrote:
Worth noting the early-bird thing Starnes was using to defend our shocking season ticket prices ended on something like April 14th, so even before last season ended. Also interesting the usual suspects are saying you can't compare Argyle to the likes of Accrington, York and Dagenham (we're massive, you see?) well last time I checked we're both in the same division and have been for a short while now, and Brent also appears to be reliant on volunteers for a number of things, so er, yes, you can compare us with those clubs I guess.

That's how those self promoting dullards see the club. A big fish in a little pond. Brent recognised that fact very quickly. It enables him to try to box the club in for personal, long term profit. The dullards get their shiny little stadium, a large potential fanbase and just love looking down at Sid James Park and the rest of the lower league minnows.He would sell to them if there was a profit in it.

Bucket rattling janners...................keeping Argyle village parteeeeee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 6:58 pm

I suspect we all would
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 7:11 pm

Shockng to see Argyle as the most expensive League Two club.

My complaint is that of Argyle charging extra for POTD, it is a rip off really. £23 for League Two football is absurd.

The Football League should crack down on extra charges on a match day for POTD.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 7:21 pm

whats the view on the farm? has it been well received lol
Back to top Go down
ConDeLaCreme

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Tringreen wrote:
ConDeLaCreme wrote:

That's how those self promoting dullards see the club. A big fish in a little pond. Brent recognised that fact very quickly. It enables him to try to box the club in for personal, long term profit. The dullards get their shiny little stadium, a large potential fanbase and just love looking down at Sid James Park and the rest of the lower league minnows.He would sell to them if there was a profit in it.

Bucket rattling janners...................keeping Argyle village parteeeeee

Even when you don't compare us to clubs in our own division, the expensive cost is still highlighted- You can get a season ticket for less than £300 at Bristol City, for example. Same with Wolves, Reading, Huddersfield, Derby and Fulham. And a whole host of League One clubs, so even saying we can't be compared to teams in our division, the argument quickly falls apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 8:04 pm

The club has always dismissed any criticism whatsoever, so their opinion is irrelevant. Argyle have always deemed OAP concessions to be 65 and over. Many, many clubs give the concessions at 60. Par for the Argyle course. Ca't even be bothered to argue the case with them any more. There's only one way to register one's dislike of their attitude and pricing policy.
I also point blank refuse to log onto the Herald website. It's an advertising outrage, the paper itself is an outrage, and so couldn't read the click bait article. Is it published in full anywhere else ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
The club has always dismissed any criticism whatsoever, so their opinion is irrelevant. Argyle have always deemed OAP concessions to be 65 and over. Many, many clubs give the concessions at 60. Par for the Argyle course. Ca't even be bothered to argue the case with them any more. There's only one way to register one's dislike of their attitude and pricing policy.
I also point blank refuse to log onto the Herald website. It's an advertising outrage, the paper itself is an outrage, and so couldn't read the click bait article. Is it published in full anywhere else ?

download adblocker it works a treat for that site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 8:16 pm

I don't want to support the Herald in any way due to their editorial policy. I also want to know what sites insult their users by ramming their site full of crap, so I can put them up against the wall come the revolution, and in the meantime not visit them.
As for reasonable use of adverts, I perrrrrrsonally don't have a problem with the odd non flash advert that doesn't guzzle Mbs of bandwith. I got a good deal on the National Trust through an advert on this site, that upset a lady on the door at my cousin's house at Buckland. I also got very cheap rear lamp lenses for my vehicle. So, I don't mind polite non click bait targeted adverts, I can always ignore them. See, I'm quite a reasoned chappie really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
I don't want to support the Herald in any way due to their editorial policy. I also want to know what sites insult their users by ramming their site full of crap, so I can put them up against the wall come the revolution, and in the meantime not visit them.
As for reasonable use of adverts, I perrrrrrsonally don't have a problem with the odd non flash advert that doesn't guzzle Mbs of bandwith. I got a good deal on the National Trust through an advert on this site, that upset a lady on the door at my cousin's house at Buckland. I also got very cheap rear lamp lenses for my vehicle. So, I don't mind polite non click bait targeted adverts, I can always ignore them. See, I'm quite a reasoned chappie really.
Never could make my mind up about the trust. On the hand they do a lot for preserving our national heritage, on the other it's a very narrow minded cleansed version Of that heritage
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 9:45 pm

Angry wrote:
whats the view on the farm? has it been well received lol

I did have a look, so-so reactions.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 10:48 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Never could make my mind up about the trust. On the hand they do a lot for preserving our national heritage, on the other it's a very narrow minded cleansed version Of that heritage

The National Trust is one of the best organisations in the country. I'm not particularly interested in the houses that they look after, although some of them are worth a visit and the gardens are always kept immaculately. I'll always support the work they do because of the vast tracts of our coastline, National Parks and other Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty that they look after. The way this government is undoing our planning laws the country needs land owners like the National Trust to protect these areas from inappropriate development.
Back to top Go down
PlymstockGreen

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:05 pm

Maybe our extortionate ticket prices could be justified by investing the money into a strong playing budget, but, erm.....
Back to top Go down
ConDeLaCreme

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:21 pm

PlymstockGreen wrote:
Maybe our extortionate ticket prices could be justified by investing the money into a strong playing budget, but, erm.....

'Budget restrictions' stopping us from signing that 'keeper we have on trial, according to the manager today anyway.

Bottom paragraph of the article.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:26 pm

ConDeLaCreme wrote:
PlymstockGreen wrote:

'Budget restrictions' stopping us from signing that 'keeper we have on trial, according to the manager today anyway.

Fcukin brilliant innit, what about the unbudgeted income pertaining to our league position and subsequent higher attendances, where is that going Jim?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:33 pm

ConDeLaCreme wrote:
PlymstockGreen wrote:

Not being able to sign anyone till **JANUARY** because of "budgetary restraints", points to a possibility of players being sold in the transfer window. Unless Brent has some magic beans which only turn to cash in the new year.

Same old Argo. No
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 6:06 pm

In Jimmy we trust!..............like fook.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 7:01 pm

Good to see the manager praising Wylde publicly. Football wise, I have agreed with virtually every word he has uttered. Also good to hear him tell us of the budget constraints. No waffle there. Maybe the AFT should have a monthly half hour with the manager rather than Mr Starnes. Would probably get more information, although, of course, what use is that information.
Adams is going places. If Brent doesn't support Adams appropriately next year in League 1, he'll twig and be off to a far better deal and budget, and why not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 7:36 pm

I would imagine we offered decent salaries to attract some of the summer signings, which I expect would rather tie up the budget a bit don't you think.
Don't expect Carey's on ninepence a week
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 7:44 pm

Even with a team that has the best chance of promotion since he's been here Jimmy still won't stick his hand in his pocket and back the manager.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Graiser wrote:
I would imagine we offered decent salaries to attract some of the summer signings, which I expect would rather tie up the budget a bit don't you think.
Don't expect Carey's on ninepence a week

As miserable Les said earlier, I'd imagine we've received a nice bit of unbudgeted income from the increased attendances and JPT run which could enable a bit of flexibility in the budget don't you think ?
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:12 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
ConDeLaCreme wrote:
PlymstockGreen wrote:

Fcukin brilliant innit, what about the unbudgeted income pertaining to our league position and subsequent higher attendances, where is that going Jim?

It does seem odd how we could only possibly sign someone in January, which doesn't make much sense to me.

Either it's because we can sell people in January or we've got finalised signings joining in January who've taken up the budget.. I know which one is probably more likely.

Still, until anything actually happens this is very much just speculation.. We shall see I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle   BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle Empty

Back to top Go down

BBC Sport survey vs Plymouth Argyle
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next