Freathy
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Wolves  after Graham Carey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:09 pm

Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
Bloody hell, one generic teamtalk link and we go into meltdown.

That said it is absolutely absurd that we have players of such obvious quality as half a dozen of Argyle's current squad only contracted until the end of the season. Absolutely bizarre thinking, and I'm not convinced it is just Derek Adams's way of keeping players hungry and motivated.

the whole squad ejh is out of contract in the summer not just half a dozen.

Read the post again more carefully.

Bloody hell, one generic teamtalk link and we go into meltdown.

That said it is absolutely absurd that we have players of such obvious quality as half a dozen of Argyle's current squad only contracted until the end of the season. Absolutely bizarre thinking, and I'm not convinced it is just Derek Adams's way of keeping players hungry and motivated

Yeah you mention half a dozen like i said and i said virtually the whole squad is too what part do i need to re read again?

But it is only with regard to half a dozen of them that I regard it as absurd to be out of contract in a matter of months. Because they are obviously outstanding players in this division, let alone in the Argyle team.

McCormick, Nelson, Hartley, McHugh, Carey and Reuben Reid. I would add Jervis too.

These players have several seasons left in them and are vital to the progress of the club. We would use/need them in League Two or League One. Not only are they key players but they are potentially saleable assets.

It makes no sense to me for the club to leave our most valuable playing assets open to the highest bidder in the summer, which in recent seasons has not been us.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 8:43 am

Carey-to-Wolves doesn't feel right to me.

Wolves (as are WBA, Villa and Brum coincidentally) are up for sale. Can't see there being much player recruitment going on.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 8:43 am

Have no idea if there is any truth in this one but have felt from the start of the season that issuing so many one year contracts is high risk. Almost planning for failure - great, we cover our losses if we struggle but if we do well, our best players leave for fokk all.

Time to gamble is now - tie them up on longer term deals.

As for Wolves not being attractive to an Argyle player, don't make me laugh. Every single one of them, bar McCormick possibly, would be there in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 8:55 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Carey-to-Wolves doesn't feel right to me.

Wolves (as are WBA, Villa and Brum coincidentally) are up for sale. Can't see there being much player recruitment going on.

Villa spent quite a bit in pre-season and with Wolves being 3 points off a play off place it might be in the owner's interest to recruit.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 9:55 am

womble wrote:
A league 2 club can't compete when Wolves come calling. If they make a serious bid we are not in a position to turn it down.

Depends how much cash backed ambition there is and if there's a feelgood factor about HP..........................he'll be gone then...........and before long others will follow, including the manager.
The reluctant one is just holding on, hoping to cash in on his non investment................and still the Avivas love him.
What a pile of parochial crap.......................
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 10:07 am

Paven wrote:
Angry wrote:
And it begins, we are doing well so naturally all our players are linked to other clubs and there for definitely will be off despite there being no validation or talk of it elsewhere except rumour sites lol.

in anycase if there were any truth in the rumour and all future ones then if the club are smart (stop laughing in the back) they will activate Jervis, Carey and Wylde's contracts now and not in june so they could demand more for them in January if any bids come in. Also they should start new contract talks with Reid, McHugh. McCormick, Hartley, Mellor and Nelson now rather then tempt fate for the same reason.

Show your metal board you have a decent manager so back him and get this club into league 1

Post of the week right there Angers.

More like stating the bloody obvious.....................

Is there a board to show its mettle? Thought it was Honest Jim 95% and Wrathall 5% ?? Good luck with that one. Get the buckets out superfans !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolves after Graham Carey
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2