Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Wolves  after Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Wolves boss Kenny Jackett is keen on Plymouth midfielder Graham Carey (The Sun on Sunday)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:55 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Wolves boss Kenny Jackett is keen on Plymouth midfielder Graham Carey (The Sun on Sunday)

Not surprised really.

Argyle should put up the hands off signs and offer new contract terms asap. And the same can be said for the likes of Jervis, with possibly Wylde also.

Anyway, Carey could do a lot better than going to Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:13 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Not surprised really.

Argyle should put up the hands off signs and offer new contract terms asap. And the same can be said for the likes of Jervis, with possibly Wylde also.

Really?........I can't think of many bigger clubs outside of the prem.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:16 pm

Accept it, he's gone.  The January transfer window is going to be carnage for Argyle.  We'll sink back down the table to make way for the serious promotion contenders who strengthen while we give away our best players for a 'Plymouth price'.  Same old shit happening all over again.

BRENT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:18 pm

Hard to disagree with the above
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:27 pm

Freathy wrote:
Accept it, he's gone.  The January transfer window is going to be carnage for Argyle.  We'll sink back down the table to make way for the serious promotion contenders who strengthen while we give away our best players for a 'Plymouth price'.  Same old shit happening all over again.

BRENT OUT NOW

Carey wont turn down Wolves thats for sure neither will Jimmy! he will take the pittance offered, for it then to be  lauded as a Masterstroke by the usual suspects! The loan situation could also go pearshaped in january unless the Masterstroker has learnt his lesson from last years debacle and has a plan B.
Back to top Go down
womble

womble

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:34 pm

A league 2 club can't compete when Wolves come calling. If they make a serious bid we are not in a position to turn it down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:41 pm

And it begins, we are doing well so naturally all our players are linked to other clubs and there for definitely will be off despite there being no validation or talk of it elsewhere except rumour sites lol.

in anycase if there were any truth in the rumour and all future ones then if the club are smart (stop laughing in the back) they will activate Jervis, Carey and Wylde's contracts now and not in june so they could demand more for them in January if any bids come in. Also they should start new contract talks with Reid, McHugh. McCormick, Hartley, Mellor and Nelson now rather then tempt fate for the same reason.

Show your metal board you have a decent manager so back him and get this club into league 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:53 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW

Carey wont turn down Wolves thats for sure neither will Jimmy! he will take the pittance offered, for it then to be  lauded as a Masterstroke by the usual suspects! The loan situation could also go pearshaped in january unless the Masterstroker has learnt his lesson from last years debacle and has a plan B.
Shut the feck up and enjoy the ride. In stripes we trust,  drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:59 pm

Bloody hell, one generic teamtalk link and we go into meltdown.

That said it is absolutely absurd that we have players of such obvious quality as half a dozen of Argyle's current squad only contracted until the end of the season. Absolutely bizarre thinking, and I'm not convinced it is just Derek Adams's way of keeping players hungry and motivated.

Last edited by ejh on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:00 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Not surprised really.

Really?........I can't think of many bigger clubs outside of the prem.

Most of the Championship (barring one or two clubs) are big clubs.

Wolves are up for sale at the moment so I just read. That will take centre ground for the time being.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have no insight as to what the financial situation is at Wolves, other than what was in report two.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW

Shut the feck up and enjoy the ride. In stripes we trust,  drunken

lol!lol!lol!jocolor
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:07 pm

womble wrote:
A league 2 club can't compete when Wolves come calling. If they make a serious bid we are not in a position to turn it down.

Wonder if Pompey would adopt the same passive attitude? Doubt it somehow. Carey must not be sold if Wolves or anyone else come calling in January, we've been down that road before and a fat lot of fecking good it's done us-witness 2007 and also the sale of Hourihane. And we should accept no bullshit about "not keeping unhappy players" -there have been numerous cases of clubs not giving in to players demands and certainly not being the worse for it. About time that the playing fortunes of Plymouth Argyle were given priority rather than the bank balance or personal ambitions.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:15 pm

ejh wrote:

That said it is absolutely absurd that we have players of such obvious quality as half a dozen of Argyle's current squad only contracted until the end of the season. Absolutely bizarre thinking, and I'm not convinced it is just Derek Adams's way of keeping players hungry and motivated.

I dont think its Derek Adams way of keeping the players hungry and motivated , more likely Jimmy's way of running the club on the cheap! Its fair to say its worked up to now, but i have serious doubts about how this policy will work when several of the players will be offered better contracts by other clubs in january which is bound to have an unsettling effect whether we sell them or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:18 pm

ejh wrote:

the whole squad ejh is out of contract in the summer not just half a dozen.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:20 pm

Angry wrote:
And it begins, we are doing well so naturally all our players are linked to other clubs and there for definitely will be off despite there being no validation or talk of it elsewhere except rumour sites lol.

in anycase if there were any truth in the rumour and all future ones then if the club are smart (stop laughing in the back) they will activate Jervis, Carey and Wylde's contracts now and not in june so they could demand more for them in January if any bids come in. Also they should start new contract talks with Reid, McHugh. McCormick, Hartley, Mellor and Nelson now rather then tempt fate for the same reason.

Show your metal board you have a decent manager so back him and get this club into league 1

Post of the week right there Angers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:28 pm

Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:

Read the post again more carefully.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:45 pm

Maybe I have green tints ... ok -I do have green tints but I suspect that DA's approach and the success so far means that if he approaches JB about contracts then JB will act positively. Of course, the flip side is the player who maybe wants to see which division we'll be in next season. I think we'll have a very good indication by December.
I'm slightly more concerned about DA and his merry men getting poached.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:56 pm

tigertony wrote:
Maybe I have green tints ... ok -I do have green tints but I suspect that DA's approach and the success so far means that if he approaches JB about contracts then JB will act positively. Of course, the flip side is the player who maybe wants to see which division we'll be in next season. I think we'll have a very good indication by December.
I'm slightly more concerned about DA and his merry men getting poached.

That would be a worry if Adams were to be poached by a bigger and richer club on the back of any success at Argyle.

It all depends on Brent and what he does or does not do in a situation like that.

Argyle need some stability within the management department and within the team for a lengthy period. We have seen it all before with Sturrock, Holloway and various players having heads turned towards the bright lights.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:01 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
i have serious doubts about how this policy will work when several of the players will be offered better contracts by other clubs in january which is bound to have an unsettling effect whether we sell them or not.
And I've got the feeling it will all be made a bit worse by Jimmy trying to put off contract negotiations until the last possible moment, unless we are really romping home and he is convinced we're dead certs for League 1. He just isn't the sort to commit up front, hence the 12 month contract thing anyway. He's no leader. Adams will have to hold his hand, and tell him a few home football truths.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:17 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:

I wouldnt hold your breath
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:

bitchy comments best left to the missus hugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:23 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:

That said it is absolutely absurd that we have players of such obvious quality as half a dozen of Argyle's current squad only contracted until the end of the season. Absolutely bizarre thinking, and I'm not convinced it is just Derek Adams's way of keeping players hungry and motivated

Yeah you mention half a dozen like i said and i said virtually the whole squad is too what part do i need to re read again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:

bitchy comments best left to the missus 
She admitted she was wrong once. It happens to the best of us  flower
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:31 pm

As in the case of Hourihane, why are the better players contracts being allowed to run down.

I hoped that was poor administration on the part of the club, but a second time? Nah, it's intentional.

The club will doubtless claim that they were powerless to do anything.

In the meantime a repeat of the 2007/8 firesale is on the cards.

Adams has recruited well but he's about to find out the harsh realities of argyle's business interests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolves after Graham Carey    Wolves  after Graham Carey Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolves after Graham Carey
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next