Go down 
+2
Yea Man
Tringreen
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptyFri 20 May 2016, 15:01

Haven't noticed this anywhere but apologies if it is, GC signed his contract extension cheers
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptyFri 20 May 2016, 15:07

Graiser wrote:
Haven't noticed this anywhere but apologies if it is, GC signed his contract extension cheers

Bloody hell ! I know he likes Adams and they must have moved early with a very good offer. He would surely have been attracting interest, especially after the praise he got from the Sky team for his crossing etc
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptyFri 20 May 2016, 15:12

Good news that.
Back to top Go down

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptyFri 20 May 2016, 15:18

Below from BBC sport website.

Feck all on the club website

"Influential Plymouth Argyle midfielder Graham Carey has agreed an extension to his contract at Home Park.

The 27-year-old, who signed a one-year deal in 2015 after leaving Ross County, will stay at Argyle next term, whether or not they win the League Two play-off final against AFC Wimbledon on 30 May.

"I'm here next season," the Irishman told BBC Sport.

"There are a few of us that have played enough games to trigger an extension and I'm one of them."

Former Celtic youngster Carey has scored 12 goals for Plymouth in all competitions this season.

Carey delivered the corner from which Peter Hartley headed a stoppage-time winner against Portsmouth to win the League Two play-off semi-final on Sunday.

"It's good that that's not at the forefront of my mind and I can just focus on football," Carey added about his new deal.

"My intentions were to stay here next season no matter what, so hopefully it can be in League One.

"I think the foundations that the football club have and positive steps that we've made this season is building for a brighter future."

Carey was one of Plymouth boss Derek Adams first signings when he took over at Home Park last summer.

"He's brought goals to the team," Adams told BBC Sport. "I think that he's been able to contribute with a good number of assists this season and he has an excellent work rate as well."
Back to top Go down

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptyFri 20 May 2016, 15:24

another 1 year deal ffs

cheap and cheerful asever are Argyle
Back to top Go down

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptyFri 20 May 2016, 16:18

I would imagine Adams just had to move quickly with Carey. He knows he's by far our most influential player, and well able to be just as effective in League 1 and probably championship level.
Good management from Adams to get this one in early. If we don't go up, someone can still come in and make an offer. Personally, I think it's a very loyal act on Carey's behalf. He obviously thinks a lot of Adams. If someone wanted him badly enough next season, they could still get him, but some of Carey's future earning potential would in effect end up in Jimmy's pension pot as a capital sum in the form of a transfer fee. That thought alone would stop me from signing a deal. But we're all different.
Back to top Go down

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptyFri 20 May 2016, 17:07

on reflection

Del Bhey hasn't done anything here really nor have the club for that matter, Carey's contract extension was pendant on appearances made which he triggered a few months ago along with Jervis, Wylde and Sawyer so he was under contract anyway due to that clause. Not to sure about Simpson but i gather he is out the door anyway.
I was under the impression when i first read this the club negotiated a new contract with him and not taking that clause into account. Which again if the club were smart they would be ambitious and tie him here for 2-3 years so at least then if nothing else we could demand a decent fee for him if we had to sell or he wanted to go.

1 year deal for a player like Carey is flirting with all sorts of possibilities for other teams come January 2017.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptyFri 20 May 2016, 17:13

Great news, one of the best attacking players we've seen at Argyle since the Championship days.
Back to top Go down

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptyFri 20 May 2016, 17:27

Yeh good news.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptyFri 20 May 2016, 17:43

Right on Derek, nice one Graham.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptyFri 20 May 2016, 23:58

This is fantastic news (as far as it goes).

Let's not lose sight of the fact that we still have more directors (7) than players (2) signed up for next season.

Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Sat 21 May 2016, 00:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptySat 21 May 2016, 00:02

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Let's not lose sight of the fact that we still have more directors (Cool than players (2) signed up for next season.

lol! Well spotted. More Chiefs than Indians. Brent is a  Devon rugby fan after all.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptySat 21 May 2016, 06:51

And a reluctant bidder, as we are all too aware.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptySat 21 May 2016, 08:23

Well done Derek Adams for pulling this off despite brent.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey EmptySat 21 May 2016, 09:09

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Let's not lose sight of the fact that we still have more directors (7) than players (2) signed up for next season.

I'll give that a lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Graham Carey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Carey   Graham Carey Empty

Back to top Go down

Graham Carey
Page 1 of 1