Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?

Go down 
+15
Tringreen
steveinspain
Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
PlymptonPilgrim
lawnmowerman
Mock Cuncher
mouldyoldgoat
Cornish Chris
AstiSpumante
Les Miserable
Flat_Track_Bully
seadog
Sir Francis Drake
Richard Blight
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
steveinspain

steveinspain

What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 9:03 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
This is the ATD advert that has been in all of the fanzines so far-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Can the ad be full colour or just green and black?
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 2:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Very good.
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks Les
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 3:15 pm

That looks swish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:07 pm

How about on Argyle's only independent forum Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:41 pm

I banged out a few possibles a while back. I think this one got used.

Here's the others:

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:53 pm

like the wording on the bottom one
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 5:02 pm

Here's a new one.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Is this a blue peter type comp bow for a new forum logo/banner/advert???

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:02 am

Thinking about those times when Argyle wore the white shirt with the chest banding, I thought of Martin Peters. So how about

ATD
The Argyle forum 10 years ahead of it's time
We also do retro
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:15 am

I personally don't think ATD needs to make any reference to the trust, as it is not universally supported here and has and is being used by several self promoting characters from within and from outside.
However, this is a democratic forum and should a two thirds majority vote in favour, it should be accepted by the minority.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:34 am

I like the MS Paint writing one the best
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:32 am

Tringreen wrote:
I personally don't think ATD needs to make any reference to the trust, as it is not universally supported here and has and is being used by several self promoting characters from within and from outside.
However, this is a democratic forum and should a two thirds majority vote in favour, it should be accepted by the minority.

Wrong.

ATD should be a forum for the free expression of opinion (mine, yours, everybody else's) not an opinion itself. The moment a messageboard becomes anything other than equivalent to a blank piece of paper it is on the road to moribund pointlessness and its users will drift away. If that ever happens then ATD will just be a heads to Pasoti's tails.

Besides I don't want my opinions to be mistaken for yours any more than you might, I hope, want it the other way around.

I think what I think and say what I say because I have come to these positions myself not because ATD or anybody else is telling me that I should think whatever because (mind you a because is always welcome). If that's what you want then you can poke it.

Besides it isn't primarily a matter of wording in any way. The mere presence of an ad in the fanzine is a fundamental and functional endorsement of AFT whatever it says and however it says it. ATD is, therefore, supporting AFT by placing an ad so why not say so? Wording might not even be a secondary issue.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 10:45 am

ATD supports the fans trust
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:06 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Wrong.

ATD should be a forum for the free expression of opinion (mine, yours, everybody else's) not an opinion itself. The moment a messageboard becomes anything other than equivalent to a blank piece of paper it is on the road to moribund pointlessness and its users will drift away. If that ever happens then ATD will just be a heads to Pasoti's tails.

Besides I don't want my opinions to be mistaken for yours any more than you might, I hope, want it the other way around.

I think what I think and say what I say because I have come to these positions myself not because ATD or anybody else is telling me that I should think whatever because (mind you a because is always welcome). If that's what you want then you can poke it.

Besides it isn't primarily a matter of wording in any way. The mere presence of an ad in the fanzine is a fundamental and functional endorsement of AFT whatever it says and however it says it. ATD is, therefore, supporting AFT by placing an ad so why not say so? Wording might not even be a secondary issue.

If a majority of ATD users wish the forum to pay for and place an ad in the fanzine, that's fine by me. I just don't want to contribute and the trust does not have my support.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:32 am

How about:

"ATD - doin' its own thang despite what dear ol' Tringy says" for the wording?

or

"ATD - so independent it tolerates Tringy at the cost of not being the nice, little forum it could be without him"

or

Attracts
Tring's
Disapproval
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 12:17 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
How about:

"ATD - doin' its own thang despite what dear ol' Tringy says" for the wording?

or

"ATD - so independent it tolerates Tringy at the cost of not being the nice, little forum it could be without him"

or

Attracts
Tring's
Disapproval

Ha ha ha ! Get rid of Tringy, Rickler and GOB and you'll have a nice little forum !

Pasoti's jilted golden boy 'Baba' ,trying to teach those who wouldn't enjoy the ride, how to suck eggs.

Do me a favour, oh verbose one.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 12:55 pm

That was actually aimed rather more in Nooly's direction than yours, Tringy old bean.

But while I am here...

Annoying
Tring
Daily

I wonder how long it'll be before I run out of As and Ds?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 2:00 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
That was actually aimed rather more in Nooly's direction than yours, Tringy old bean.

But while I am here...

Annoying
Tring
Daily

You're the odds checker, dear boy. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 2:23 pm

ATD - The place to be....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 3:41 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

But while I am here...

Annoying
Tring
Daily

You're the odds checker, dear boy. Sleep

lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 4:41 pm

ATD, Auction free, Dont trust Jimmy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Seriously how about this

In memory of Phil "Thai green" putting his DOB and the day he left us, over a background of our banner and a white feather
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:24 pm

Bad idea.

No matter how apt, no matter how much Nooly deserves it, no matter how much Nooly might not like it the sad passing of anybody should not be used to make such a petty point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?   What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What wording should be used in the AFT magazine advert ?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next