Elias
Lord Tisdale
sufferedsince 68
Mock Cuncher
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 11:07 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
No Comment wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
No Comment wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Australia today and I am reasonably confident. I expect an England backlash after last week. Whilst we are not a great side, we are certainly not a bad side. The bonus point is not an issue so a victory by one point would be enough.

I really didn't enjoy the game last week - the build up before was fantastic but the game was so tense it was hard to enjoy. I wonder if the atmosphere got to the players - but we certainly lack leaders on the pitch.

I am going for an England victory and qualification next week with a win against Uruguay - and a winner takes all match for Wales Vs Australia.

Have you got tickets for this one, Frank?

I have mate. I really want to enjoy this one as the Wales game was too tense. I went to the Ireland Romania game on Sunday and that was fun -  but that might have had something to do with being next to 90,000 Irish.

Excellant. Have a great day, and hope the little one enjoys it if he's going along. Thumbs

No, he is staying at home. His daddy speaks too much French at rugby and he picks up everything at the moment Very Happy

Ha ha. Brilliant. Have good day out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 8:41 pm

bye bye England hopefully bye bye lancaster too.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Frankly, this England side have gone backwards in the last two years.

The pack is being bullied. The halfbacks useless. Amazingly we now actually have a back three and midfielder who look exciting with ball in hand. Massive 40 minutes required.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:23 pm

Lancaster and captain Plank Robshaw, out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:50 pm

At least we have the ashes and kylie before the convicts get too rowdy...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:53 pm

Brilliant turn over, flying in, brilliant try. Good night. England nowhere near the ability of the Australians.  I still love the game of rugby itself, but this failure couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch. The establishment game, Brent's game, in tatters. Their club shirts are peppered with adverts, far far worse than any football club. They need to get a grip. Beaten by the Welsh, beaten by the Australians. Happy days.
I will however, pop down and see the Pirates before the season is out. That is quite a different kettle of fish.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:59 pm

Watched the Cornish All Blacks today. Lost. But good bunch.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 10:09 pm

Men against boys - and England weren't the men.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 12:14 am

Always a joy to watch an england side lose cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 8:51 am

To say that was a disappointment was an understatement. The atmosphere in the ground was poor as it was pretty clear we were going to get smashed. The Aussie fans near me were an absolute disgrace throughout - what is so refreshing about rugby crowds normally is that people don't behave like that.

England under Lancaster have gone backwards this last year. No leadership, no game plan and a lack of basic skills. I had thought that they would blow Australia away but I couldn't have been more wrong.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 9:37 am

To have Australia decimate our scrum.....wiped any smirk off our faces from the past.... seeing how we had enjoyed ourselves in the past by destoying theirs.....the last ten minutes was humiliating....finishing with that final try was the icing on the cake for the Aussies.

They are better than Wales....but neither would want to risk injuries in next weeks tie.....although both would prefer to avoid meeting NZ until the last moment.

How will they both go about that game....especially Wales with so many first choice players on the treatment table at present.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 10:26 am

English sportsman cant handle the pressure of playing must win games, how many times in all sports have we seen that?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 12:09 pm

We weren't good enough but the Aussies were very good. I was v disappointed to lose to Wales but last night it was fair and sqaure: we were never even in it. You have to expect to come second when you are so obviously second best.

Here's how we have done in the last 4 RWCs:

2003 Winners
2007 Losing finalists
2011 Losing quarter-finalists
2015 Third in Pool

We'll probably be in the 3rd tier of seeds next time in Japan now. That'll start us off in another Group Of Death...
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 11:33 pm

I saw rows and rows of clearance St George hats, pictures, silly rugby balls, bells and whistles in Poundland today. They looked very sad and destined for the tip. Very Happy

UK Plc ......0  ......................  Australia.co.au ....... 1

Shorely the establishment game should have protected us from this ignominy. Will the last person leaving England please turn the lights out.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 4:28 pm

Scotland - Samoa was a great little game, although I'm not convinced that the reffing was particularly fair to the Samoans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Scotland were lucky to win Samoa threw it away with silly penalties and missed kicks. Im sure Australia or Wales will walk over them to the semis.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Woof, Australia's defence was superb today (albeit Wales imagination was not so wonderful)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 6:45 pm

Im sure the welsh will get over this loss on two fronts. One they already qualified for the quarters and meet the Springboks which i think is a winnable game for them and second the football team qualify for the Euro 2016 later tonight so many will pissed regardless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Wales overrun in the end by a stronger more agile bunch. Oh well, at least England lost to the team, that lost to the team, that lost to the team that won the "World" Cup.

Just who runs this Empire ?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:32 pm

Scotland gave the Aussies a real run for their money, so unlucky not to win made what i previously thought was a brilliant looking Australia side look pretty ordinary! great game though.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Gutted for the jocks Smile can't end soon enough for me, haven't watched a single match, awful sport, g'day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 7:00 pm

shame ireland fell to argentina the jocks were unlucky but all the more sweeter that they lost
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 2:05 pm

So it comes down to the Black and the Oz, I am going to the Barnet, City game Saturday and will be missing at least the first half which is a shame because it could be a cracker, although if history tells us anything it is that RWC finals are usually pretty dour affairs.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 6:20 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
So it comes down to the Black and the Oz, I am going to the Barnet, City game Saturday and will be missing at least the first half which is a shame because it could be a cracker, although if history tells us anything it is that RWC finals are usually pretty dour affairs.

Fancy the Aussies to win it, they have the winning mentality unlike England sadly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD   THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

THE RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3