Cornish Chris
RegGreen
Dougie
Tgwu
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:08 am

Colin Sexstone has left the board.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:49 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Colin Sexstone has left the board.

So the Bristol Rover fans was right, it in the BR match thread.
Back to top Go down

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:54 am

Supposedly resigned and joined Rovers yesterday
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:01 am

Quote :
I see there is chatter about the position of Colin Sexstone at Argyle. To be clear, he resigned as a Director of Argyle on the 13th August 2015. Last December he resigned from 2 Football League Trust run companies. Personally, I wish him well.

Lifted off Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:22 am

I read he gone to Rovers to run their plan B for their new stadium it they loses their court case against Sainsbury.
Back to top Go down

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:48 am

That sounds good news Tg. Whichever, the birds will be singing in Central Park this morning. flower

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:44 am

Just a damm shame it aint Uncle jim thats jogged on
Back to top Go down

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:14 am

i Dont even want to know who Jimmy will replace him with.... bound to be a real friend of sorts that no other club would touch
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:52 am

Dougie wrote:
Quote :
I see there is chatter about the position of Colin Sexstone at Argyle. To be clear, he resigned as a Director of Argyle on the 13th August 2015. Last December he resigned from 2 Football League Trust run companies. Personally, I wish him well.

Lifted off Facebook.

From Tony Hooper.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:56 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
Dougie wrote:
Quote :

Lifted off Facebook.

From Tony Hooper.

And he knows his shit, praaaps eees beeen binning!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:58 am

Official now-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 11:59 am

At least we still have the expert in stadium financing....

I'll assume the national branding expert was justifiably absent from the committee that chose a lilac kit.
Back to top Go down

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Who is the useless tosser sat next to colin? what does he do at the club because i cant think of anything
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:07 pm

Angry wrote:
Who is the useless tosser sat next to colin? what does he do at the club because i cant think of anything

He helps Ian out with finishing off any leftover pasties at the buffet.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:22 pm

Angry wrote:

Richard Holliday a "speciallist" in sports finance-

Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:49 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Official now-

As I've said on another thread, news gets on the forums and Free Chat before the official site.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:17 pm

I expect he left because of PAFC's Grandstand debacle.......it wasn't up to the £92 million stadium development that he oversaw at Bristol.......how long can a chap wait....the embarrassment became too much to bear......will Holliday be next ?
Back to top Go down

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:27 pm

zyph wrote:
I expect he left because of PAFC's Grandstand debacle.......it wasn't up to the £92 million stadium development that he oversaw at Bristol.......how long can a chap wait....the embarrassment became too much to bear......will Holliday be next ?

chem already said what his field is but i ask again what does he do here and why would he be missed if he did go? same with other one whos name escapes me and no not the pr king jones
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:33 pm

Felwick probably Angry? Like Sir Roy Gardner seems to be a professional director and I would guess some type of 'management consultant'. Not sure what value he brings to Argyle though.
Back to top Go down

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:34 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Felwick probably Angry? Like Sir Roy Gardner seems to be a professional director and I would guess some type of 'management consultant'. Not sure what value he brings to Argyle though.

thats the fella david felwick  thanks again chem.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 8:37 am

None of em do f all for the club there all non walleted directors if i can remember someone said
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 3:07 pm

Didn't Holliday & Felwick chip in to help Jimmy buy the car park, in return for convertible shares or sommat? Will the club need to pay them off to leave, more debt perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 10:32 am

Colin Sexstone becomes non-executive board member

He spent a short time as Chairman of BCFC but departed in the aftermath of the failed Ashton Vale plans

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 10:49 am

Colin Sexstone becomes non-executive board member

The club today welcomes Colin Sexstone to the board as a non-executive director.

Colin brings with him a wealth of experience in the worlds of sport and finance.

His role will be one of developing the business, looking for new opportunities

Colin is currently chairman of Team Bristol, an organisation set up by the Electoral mayor to get more people involved in Sport and to bring more events to Bristol.

He is also the owner of Sexstone Consulting.

His previous roles include that of CEO at Gloucestershire County Cricket Club and CEO and chairman at Bristol City. 

Chairman Nick Higgs said: "We are delighted to have someone of Colin’s stature join us and we are confident his contribution will strengthen our operation.

”Colin is a successful businessman and has unrivalled contacts in areas which are relevant and exciting for our club.

I feel confident that all Colin’s past experience in sporting organisations within Bristol will unlock many opportunites to progress the aims of the Club as we look to develop both on and off the field."

Colin will also help to lighten the load on the Board as we progress the development of the new stadium. It will be good to have another colleague to bounce ideas off.

Colin Sexstone said: "First and foremost, I’m a proud Bristolian who loves sport. 

"My experience means I know how successful sports clubs operate, and I hope to help Bristol Rovers achieve more success on and off the pitch.

"I have an extensive network of contacts throughout football and the financial world and I will use these for the benefit of Rovers.

"My position, which is a voluntary one, will also involve me helping the club to maximise their commercial return.

"Clearly the fact I was involved with Bristol City for so many years will sit uneasily with some fans, but my relationship with the Bristol Rovers board has always been excellent and my commitment now is exclusively with Rovers.

"Although I was born in Bedminster I went to Boarding School at Colston’s, at the top of Bell Hill in Stapleton, and frequently went to Eastville with my friends to watch Rovers.

"I have many fond memories of those days
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 11:05 am

You'd have thought if he'd managed to achieve anything specific at Argyle, he'd have mentioned that. So it probably follows that he didnt want to admit to failing in trying to get Brent's plans off the floor through his "extensive network of contacts throughout football and the financial world".

I don't think I can ever remember having a Board of Directors that were so anonymous as Brent's mob.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Director Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Director Leaves   A Director Leaves Empty

Back to top Go down

A Director Leaves
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next