+2
Chemical Ali
Les Miserable
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

England vs Switzerland Empty
PostSubject: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 8:32 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wrZRrzfMF3o
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:18 pm

Kane comes on and scores within a few minutes. Otherwise a dull game.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:27 pm

Rooney gets the England scoring record from the penalty spot. 2-0
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:33 pm

Congratulations to shrek, never gives less than 100%
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 9:47 pm

Is it just me or do England get an easy run in every time ?!
And before you ask , yes I am a closet Jock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 6:05 pm

No, you're paranoid....as is usual with the Scots when it comes to England
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 9:46 pm

It's called seeding. Or in more everyday honest speak, rigged.
The ultimate seeding is the tradition of birthright monarchy. They don't even have to turn up until the winner's trophy is presented to them, without ever having to have kicked a ball or attended a training session.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 10:45 am

After the early success of Adams at Argo I'm even more of the belief that Hodgson should go. As a mate of mine said when we had this convo the other day it would be tough on Woy to get the boot after a pretty well flawless qualifying campaign but after watching the Germans play the other night you know we will have a torrid time playing them. I want a young, energetic and largely unproved manager at the helm. Someone who would take a chance with the yoof and try something a bit different. Looking at the FA today reminds me of Will Carlings old fart remarks and after the initial fallout died down the change for English rugby is really marked. Let's get rid of the old farts at the FA and give yoof a chance.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 10:59 am

It would be unbelievably harsh to sack someone after eight wins on the bounce. I don't think Roy's the problem - he's got a good record throughout his career of giving young kids a chance. The problem comes from Premier League teams stockpiling English players and then never playing them. Look at Fabian Delph: a good season last year for Villa, and now he's getting his chance in the England team, but he'll be lucky to play 10 Premier League games for Manchester City this season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 11:02 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
It would be unbelievably harsh to sack someone after eight wins on the bounce. I don't think Roy's the problem - he's got a good record throughout his career of giving young kids a chance. The problem comes from Premier League teams stockpiling English players and then never playing them. Look at Fabian Delph: a good season last year for Villa, and now he's getting his chance in the England team, but he'll be lucky to play 10 Premier League games for Manchester City this season.

Take most of your points there and agree with them but Delph could have stayed at Villa and played every game.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 11:16 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

Take most of your points there and agree with them but Delph could have stayed at Villa and played every game.

Absolutely, but money talks doesn't it? He's probably doubled his money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:45 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:

I know Woy has a good wecord and I agree about being harsh, I've already said that, it's just that whilst we play safe we won't win feck all, it's about a mindset, a common belief, a bit of feckin ooommmph. You'll only get that with a young manager, Woy won't win feck all, same old England, same old Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:57 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

Absolutely, but money talks doesn't it? He's probably doubled his money.

De Gea has done that today £200000 a week to stay at utd for another 5 years :O not bad for someone who would have left last week if not for late paperwork lol
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 4:56 pm

Iggy wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

I know Woy has a good wecord and I agree about being harsh, I've already said that, it's just that whilst we play safe we won't win feck all, it's about a mindset, a common belief, a bit of feckin ooommmph. You'll only get that with a young manager, Woy won't win feck all, same old England, same old Argyle.

Who would you replace Woy with Iggs? Imagine the fallout if we fail to qualify for the World Cup.

If the FA we're going to take a chance, it would have been best at the start of the Euro's where qualifying is so simple even third world nations like Scotland and Wales look like being there.

Na, you can't knock Woy off the perch. Certainly not on the back of what looks like being 30 points from 10 games.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 6:12 pm

Iggy wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

Two countries spring to mind: Germany and Belgium.

When Germany appointed Klinnsmann as coach he had no track record at all because it was his first job. He immediately installed an all-out attack style which has been continued by Joachim Löw. If you look at how they used to play in the days of Stieleke and the like and how they play with such fluidity now it's like chalk and cheese (interestingly Brazil have done the reverse and seem welded to the back four with 2 defensive midfielders who never get forward - very rigid). That triggered a change in approach that has seeped top-down into their club football.

Belgium, on the other hand, were dull dull dull when they co-hosted the Euros with Holland and implemented a grassroots investment programme which is now bearing fruit with players like Courtois,  Hazard, Kompany and the rest. In contrast to Germany they have built long-term from the bottom up.

And both approaches have worked because, in spite of their seeming dichotomy, they both held a coherent vision of what needed to be done for where they needed to be 10 years or so into the future.

We have nothing even vaguely like either in our game and have not for decades.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 7:29 pm

That is an excellent critique of football culture and philosophy Frank, and probably spot on, and illustrates why I really don't want to listen to a bunch of teenage tactical genii talking about 451 or whatever on a podcast, let alone if they play the game in any seriousness.

Only an old head that has seen the river in various forms over the decades could put things in that sort of context. I thought the Germans were a busted boot about the time I saw us give them a good drubbing by 4 or 5. One has to admire how they have almost effortlessly shape shifted.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 10:17 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

When Germany appointed Klinnsmann as coach he had no track record at all because it was his first job. He immediately installed an all-out attack style which has been continued by Joachim Löw. If you look at how they used to play in the days of Stieleke and the like and how they play with such fluidity now it's like chalk and cheese (interestingly Brazil have done the reverse and seem welded to the back four with 2 defensive midfielders who never get forward - very rigid). That triggered a change in approach that has seeped top-down into their club football.

Belgium, on the other hand, were dull dull dull when they co-hosted the Euros with Holland and implemented a grassroots investment programme which is now bearing fruit with players like Courtois,  Hazard, Kompany and the rest. In contrast to Germany they have built long-term from the bottom up.

And both approaches have worked because, in spite of their seeming dichotomy, they both held a coherent vision of what needed to be done for where they needed to be 10 years or so into the future.

As far as Belgium goes, it is far simpler than that. It is merely a case of a golden age of players coming through at the same sort of time. It just happens sometimes. They'll be Joe Average again ten years down the line, guaranteed. Look at Man Uniteds class of '92? They all came through together at the same time and were the backbone of a squad that won everything. How many groups like that have come through in the last 20 years? None. It just happens like that sometimes.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 11:24 pm

Iggy wrote:
After the early success of Adams at Argo I'm even more of the belief that Hodgson should go. As a mate of mine said when we had this convo the other day it would be tough on Woy to get the boot after a pretty well flawless qualifying campaign but after watching the Germans play the other night you know we will have a torrid time playing them. I want a young, energetic and largely unproved manager at the helm. Someone who would take a chance with the yoof and try something a bit different. Looking at the FA today reminds me of Will Carlings old fart remarks and after the initial fallout died down the change for English rugby is really marked. Let's get rid of the old farts at the FA and give yoof a chance.

Vewy harsh, in Woy we twust. Let's see how we do in the Euwos before pulling the twigger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 9:44 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Vewy harsh, in Woy we twust. Let's see how we do in the Euwos before pulling the twigger.

We all know we won't win the weuros that's why I'd give it to a youngster so they could gain that experience. I know it would be harsh on Woy but this is the national team we are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 10:44 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

As far as Belgium goes, it is far simpler than that. It is merely a case of a golden age of players coming through at the same sort of time. It just happens sometimes. They'll be Joe Average again ten years down the line, guaranteed. Look at Man Uniteds class of '92? They all came through together at the same time and were the backbone of a squad that won everything. How many groups like that have come through in the last 20 years? None. It just happens like that sometimes.  

But we had a golden generation too didn't we? Ashley Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham and Owen were all genuinely word-class players at about the same time, essential first-team players for clubs that were winning Premier Leagues and World Cups, and the best England could do was to get to the usual quarter-final.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England vs Switzerland   England vs Switzerland Empty

Back to top Go down

England vs Switzerland
Page 1 of 1