SwimWithTheTide
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Contracts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contracts   Contracts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 8:22 am

Good issue to have, being concerned that we'll lose our talent rather than frustratingly asking when the f**k are we free of Morgan, Blizzard, etc? Only got one of those types, maybe two, left at the club for me. The rest I'm delighted to have.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

Contracts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contracts   Contracts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Interesting - can I ask who they are? Assuming one is Smalley but no idea who the second of that list is..
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Contracts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contracts   Contracts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 6:35 pm

Paven wrote:
Interesting - can I ask who they are? Assuming one is Smalley but no idea who the second of that list is..

There's a surprise. Who knows, maybe it's Ben and Tyler-not looking good for them ATM.
Back to top Go down

Contracts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contracts   Contracts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 7:17 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Paven wrote:

There's a surprise. Who knows, maybe it's Ben and Tyler-not looking good for them ATM.

They both aren't good enough currently and need loaning out to develop, IMO.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Contracts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contracts   Contracts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 7:30 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Paven wrote:

You sound as though you're absolutely thrilled about it.
Back to top Go down

Contracts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contracts   Contracts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 7:33 pm

It is only one person's opinion Very Happy  You lot are making out it is a matter of fact, or that Derek Adams himself has identified two weak links he doesn't want.

I wouldn't bet against Smalley making a good impression either. Where the commonly shared view that he and Brunt are crap players comes from really baffles me.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Contracts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contracts   Contracts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 8:26 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Paven wrote:

You sound as though you're absolutely thrilled about it.

Who, me? scratch
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Contracts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contracts   Contracts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 8:57 pm

ejh wrote:
It is only one person's opinion Very Happy  You lot are making out it is a matter of fact, or that Derek Adams himself has identified two weak links he doesn't want.

I wouldn't bet against Smalley making a good impression either. Where the commonly shared view that he and Brunt are crap players comes from really baffles me.

I don't think people have necessarily said, (or think) they are 'crap'. As far as Smalley goes, he's been a crock, so there is little to judge him on apart from his pretty modest efforts previously in his career.
Back to top Go down

Contracts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contracts   Contracts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:01 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
The option could be activated to bump up the price so I guess there is that plus. But you are right basically .

Like with Hourihane? Turning down the initial bid of £100k, before haggling a Plymouth price of £200k to buy out the year on his contract.

Meanwhile Exeter negotiate £2m for Matt Grimes.

Hourihane was out of contract that season and had no option to extend. Argyle folded in with £100,000 and could have asked for a bitmore and in hindsight should have given the impact he has had at Barnsley.

Hence why leaving it to the last minute with key players with a year left on current contracts to negotiate new ones as come jan we could be in a big mess.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Contracts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contracts   Contracts - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 7:51 am

Paven wrote:

Correct with Smalley, the other is Bittner. I say maybe with him though as he's at least more coaching focused now than playing potential, he's a pointless part of the squad but perhaps a valuable member of the staff - I don't know, I'm not privy to the training ground. He's a false number on our squad size as his prospects of playing should be nil.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Contracts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contracts   Contracts - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:15 am

Yes but he's only there to fill the gap in a game should Luke get sent off or injured. Can a club like Argyle really afford to have 2 proper 'keepers no matter how desirable it might be to have them?

Even Wycombe last year ended up playing a teenager in the play-offs so they didn't have a proper back-up goalie.

If you look at Bittner as gaining a coach as opposed to losing a 1st teamer (which he clearly isn't) then it's a pretty good deal. In the olden days as outfielder used to have to go in goal and I remember Steve Castle, Nicky Marker and Gordon Nisbet donning the gloves for us... I wonder who would do that in the current squad?  Is that a better solution?

The Bittner thing isn't great but it's far from something to get stressed about.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Contracts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contracts   Contracts - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 2:14 pm

My opinion is that Luke would benefit from an understudy, someone to learn off him, but also push him. As he did with Romain. No one fancy, but while our own keeper youth products aren't ready then why not raid the market of discarded Prem academy kids, just as we did with Luke once upon a time. While that kid might not turn out to be any good, at least there's an unknown potential for them to become brilliant. Whereas with Bittner, as a player, we know he's not good enough and we know he's not going to improve given his age. It's short sighted imo.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Contracts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contracts   Contracts - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:26 am

Tbh i think ruebin & luke are getting to comfortable in the side and not getting pushed enough for there places ruebins lazy performances at times lukes been playing quite well shot stopping but if you noticed his kicking and ball distrbution has not been up to much lately
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Contracts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contracts   Contracts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Contracts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2