X Isle
Freathy
Dick Trickle
argyl3
Elias
11 posters
AuthorMessage

No talks yet over new contracts  Empty
PostSubject: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 12:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Carey, Wylde, Jervis and Sawyer have triggered their clauses with Simpson not being too far off

But the rest of the squad are out of contact in the summer. including Hartley, McCormick, McHugh, Nelson, Brunt and Reid.

So it is clear a lot rests on the outcome of the Pilgrims' quest for promotion as errington says. Just goes to show the kind of ambition our club has doesnt it.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 5:26 pm

Really ? Im so shocked.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Well he needs to save money with the balloons payment coming up. Why bother with contracts when u can just get some more non league freebies?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 6:44 pm

Is it not beyond the wit of man to offer a contract but with a different remuneration depending on what league we're in? Much the same as relegation clauses in the Premiership.

This would work for all players who you k ew you would want to keep whether in league one or two.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 7:12 pm

The bad news just keeps coming. Just go brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 7:46 pm

It's interesting that 3 of the 4 players looking to trigger are those brought here by Adams. That is so obviously a personal vote of confidence in the manager, not the owner. Says it all really.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 10:55 am

The contract situations need sorting, that's poor.

I know the focus should be on this season but without a solid squad for next season promotion is pretty pointless really. Besides, twin contract offers made now, one for L2 and a better one for L1, would provide some added incentive to halt our iffy form of late and get us over the line.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 5:34 pm

Why would you offer contracts you don't have to?

If we end up blowing what has long looked like an inevitable promotion then, using a crude generalisation, the players concerned don't really deserve new contracts do they? After all if they aren't good enough to get us up this year then why should they be good enough next?

At one stage we had this league almost won yet now we are desperately trying to scrabble the points we need together to hang on to 3rd place - and even if we do hang on that's just not really good enough given where we were.

Or maybe they are all superstars but they've been hamstrung by the squad being too small? In which case either Brent or Adams should hold their hands up and accept responsibility.

I've made the personal journey from being almost complacently confident that we would go up to steeling myself for the horrid, crushing disappointment when we don't.

And if we don't go up then the summer-long post-mortem is going to be very messy.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Francis wrote "We are going up, as fecking champions". On more than one occasion.

Should've kept yer powder dry bhey. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 6:49 pm

I did.

I thought there was only one way for us to go at the time - and had we continued like that we probably would have been champions.

I don't think anybody foresaw Northampton doing what they have done since then but even allowing for that we should have had second tied up.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 7:03 pm

How can there be an effective all for one and one for all, when one doesn't want to show his faith in the all by offering another stab at it next year. Not only that, Brent has shown his liking in the past for waiting out the Summer and only signing employees up when the training starts. Classy.  I'm not quite sure how that fits with the desire to "build a club". Maybe I'm thick as a post.

I also thought auto promotion was guaranteed, along with Portsmouth. No point in keeping your powder dry as the girls walk by. As Dostoevsky once remarked "she turned the corner, disappeared and found another"
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 8:45 pm

Assuming all Del's signings have had their contractual clauses kick in that basically leaves us with Sheridan's players to sort out. Bittner and Harvey will almost certainly be released. I think we'd all be happy to see Luke, Nelse and McHugh retained whichever league we're in. Reid & Hartley are probabably debateable as they've both previously stepped down from league one so perhaps might be released should we get promoted. Then there's Mellor and whoever else I've not mentioned. Not that I agree with the current contract strategy but I can understand the difficulty Del may have discussing contracts at this moment in time. While it might be motivational for some to go on and clinch promotion, it'll probably have the opposite affect on those who don't get offered anything.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 8:51 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
And if we don't go up then the summer-long post-mortem is going to be very messy.

Foreshore, with bells on. This time around however there's no Sheridan to be thrown to the wolves. Adams is still relatively bullet proof in the eyes of the majority of the fanbase so the lions share of the heat will be focused where it should be, old tightwad.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 9:18 pm

I had a look over on Nools official site today. There won't be any gnashing of teeth over there. There are multiple threads emploring supporters to simply blindly support, no matter how shit it gets. There's even a thread with some fuckwit asking if people are embarrassed by anyone who dares to be critical.

Nools mission is 95% complete - a thorough cleansing of any dissenting voice on his Farm.

Tragic.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 12:25 am

I'm sure it was on this site some weeks back where Errington was getting slated. Considering how DA likes to keep things close to his chest how much air you give this is up to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No talks yet over new contracts    No talks yet over new contracts  Empty

Back to top Go down

No talks yet over new contracts
Page 1 of 1