seadog
Mock Cuncher
Sir Francis Drake
Cornish Chris
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage

Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 8:58 pm

You're the one who said first past the post was to stop the cities dominating the countryside, not me. My view is somewhat different, in that its to stop significant minorities having too much of a say over the main protagonists which were gentlemen Tories and whigs. It is meant to preserve the status quo.
And I don't use the 'class war' colloquialisms, as a rule in real life. It's not helpful.. I just want a more egalitarian society, with a lighter footprint on the planet, no more, no less. I happen to think that is unlikely to be effected through the parliamentary system. But every little bit helps.
You wait till Bernie Saunders shakes you lot up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Oh Bernie is moving and shaking already!

But then again... If we want to talk shaking up? So is the Donald!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:04 am

One more thing to clear up Corbyn's view on home ownership. He believes the intended right to buy scheme, subsidised by the taxpayer, should be extended to include those tenants in the private sector. So, that debunks the myth that his labour party are against home ownership. Rollo, take note. Now, that's what I call fair. Who says labour are not the party of aspiration and home ownership.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:46 am

Already fallen foul of the wimmin brigade;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 am

I must say, it's a bit of a hairy shadow cabinet. But then, probably not a lot to choose from. A  lot of the present female parliamentarians were known as Blair's babes. Full of the smarm like Kendal, so hardly surprising. Most decent left wing women have been doing stuff outside of labour. It will take time to repair the damage done. It's a pity Glenda finally had enough of the Blair project earlier this year. She would have been great. A fine political animal.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:31 am

This campaign reminds me a lot of the Republican Party primaries in the US. Corbyn is saying what the selectorate wants to hear, but they've just given whoever takes over from Cameron a totally clear run. Corbyn's already started to take hits from people who voted for him because he hasn't given any of the big jobs to women - and it will keep happening now that he's judged on what he does, not what he says.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:45 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
This campaign reminds me a lot of the Republican Party primaries in the US. Corbyn is saying what the selectorate wants to hear, but they've just given whoever takes over from Cameron a totally clear run. Corbyn's already started to take hits from people who voted for him because he hasn't given any of the big jobs to women - and it will keep happening now that he's judged on what he does, not what he says.

The thing is he can't really do or achieve anything of any great meaning or impact without being in power - and that seems an extremely remote possibility. Labour are back to being a party of protest with the Union barons seemingly intent on taking us back to the 70s. But it's a different world now in so many ways. It's hard to see how Labour will become electable again for a very long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:05 am

Hitch wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

The thing is he can't really do or achieve anything of any great meaning or impact without being in power - and that seems an extremely remote possibility. Labour are back to being a party of protest with the Union barons seemingly intent on taking us back to the 70s. But it's a different world now in so many ways. It's hard to see how Labour will become electable again for a very long time.

I disagree about the electable bit, the labour party were so unelectable in the last election we ended up with a Tory landslide with the Labour being wiped out completely in Scotland, Labour have to evolve or die, short of swinging all the way to the right and eclipsing the Tories in cuntishness this was the only avenue open to them. Whether people have the intelligence to vote without their favourite red top telling them in which direction to go remains to be seen but I think the Tories have peaked and now will be seen to be on the way down.
The biggest job that Jezza has is to convince the middling classes he can run the economy, not that the Tories are doing so other than for the top ten per cent, but it's the perception of it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 2:42 pm

Elias wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:
None of us know where it's going FY. With the immigration thing, the Merkel conservatives could be booted out by the far right and a repeat of the past.,  All bets would be off then.  My nose tells me war is the most likely.

At this moment in time, I'll still vote green as they are well to the left of Corbyn, but who knows. I bumped into a long time activist on the footpath to Cawsand  today, who was also at the guildhall meeting. He's thinking of joining the Labour party for the very first time, and actually voting next time around. He and his family have never voted for any Westminster bunch. The left wing is very resourceful, but hasn't put it's weight behind labour for a very long time.
We shall see. The more the herald-like press ridicule and scare about Corbyn, the more it will work for him.

If there is rain labour stay home.
Tories always turnout

How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics in the twentieth century.

Aneurin Bevan 1952

Nothing much has changed and what my grandparents fought for in terms of workers' rights and the NHS, is now being eroded fast. It'll probably be too late by the time the millions of working class 'Tories' realise they've been conned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 4:09 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Elias wrote:
Sir John Hawkins wrote:
None of us know where it's going FY. With the immigration thing, the Merkel conservatives could be booted out by the far right and a repeat of the past.,  All bets would be off then.  My nose tells me war is the most likely.

At this moment in time, I'll still vote green as they are well to the left of Corbyn, but who knows. I bumped into a long time activist on the footpath to Cawsand  today, who was also at the guildhall meeting. He's thinking of joining the Labour party for the very first time, and actually voting next time around. He and his family have never voted for any Westminster bunch. The left wing is very resourceful, but hasn't put it's weight behind labour for a very long time.
We shall see. The more the herald-like press ridicule and scare about Corbyn, the more it will work for him.

If there is rain labour stay home.
Tories always turnout

How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics in the twentieth century.

Aneurin Bevan 1952

Nothing much has changed and what my grandparents fought for in terms of workers' rights and the NHS, is now being eroded fast. It'll probably be too late by the time the millions of working class 'Tories' realise they've been conned.

Love that quote. I despair of the working class "Tories" it's the the snobbery thing I think. People love to be a cut above the next man and I think there is a firm belief that a set of massive incongruous metal gates make them climb up a class or two.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 5:54 pm

So no "working class"(whatever that means these days) people should vote for the tories? Why not if they believe that that's the best option for them to get on and improve their chances in life?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 6:11 pm

I hear he wants to abolish the army to help world peace. Seriously.
TU's ? I don't have a problem with strikes but I defo do have a problem when those who wish to work have snags getting to work and are pressurised to strike. A lot of strikes are about money and its odd that workers can afford to lose a days pay to strike for more pay.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 6:17 pm

John McDonnell for shadow chancellor, who thinks the IRA should be honoured. Whatever they say domestically, and there's a lot that I don't object to, so much of their international diplomacy is 6th-form nonsense at its worst.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 7:08 pm

If America can vote a known chump like Bush as President then anything is possible.

Throw in Arnie and Clint and it's too frightening to contemplate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 7:52 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
So no "working class"(whatever that means these days) people should vote for the tories? Why not if they believe that that's the best option for them to get on and improve their chances in life?

No it's the belief by some of the working and middle classes that the Tories are working for them when they clearly aren't. IMO obvs.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 8:18 pm

tigertony wrote:
I hear he wants to abolish the army to help world peace. Seriously.
TU's ? I don't have a problem with strikes but I defo do have a problem when those who wish to work have snags getting to work and are pressurised to strike. A lot of strikes are about money and its odd that workers can afford to lose a days pay to strike for more pay.

It's Always the older workers (usually mortgage free)who push the young to strike, when you are younger you need the money.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 8:34 pm

Iggy wrote:
No it's the belief by some of the working and middle classes that the Tories are working for them when they clearly aren't. IMO obvs.

But then Labour wouldn't work for them either Iggy. The Labour party have struggled to be representative of anyone in particular since the collapse of manufacturing, starting in the early eighties I guess.

To me they appear to be more focused, rightly or wrongly on the bottom feeders, ignoring those for whom they were founded.
Unskilled pen pusher jobs have largely replaced manufacturing jobs but nothing says "we're all Tory now !" like a shirt & tie.

Although I'm most certainly working class they don't represent me although neither do Cameron & the Bullingdon boys who I abhor.
A more down to earth Tory leader like David Davis would appeal though. The modern working class need a middle way.

Corbyn's brand of politics will not appeal to the many under class young white males who see themselves ostracized by all political parties &
I can see the rise of the BNP & EDL, particularly if the present immigrant situation persists.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 8:51 pm

FY 310 wrote:

Unskilled pen pusher jobs have largely replaced manufacturing jobs but nothing says "we're all Tory now !" like a shirt & tie.

Although I'm most certainly working class they don't represent me although neither do Cameron & the Bullingdon boys who I abhor.
A more down to earth Tory leader like David Davis would appeal though. The modern working class need a middle way.

Corbyn's brand of politics will not appeal to the many under class young white males who see themselves ostracized by all political parties &
I can see the rise of the BNP & EDL, particularly if the present immigrant situation persists.
At least the lost manufacturing jobs have been replaced by something. Whats with the shirt and tie nonsense? Totally irrelevant. So what is ''working class''?
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 8:53 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Already fallen foul of the wimmin  brigade;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The identity politics morons are tying themselves in knots over this. His cabinet is 50% female yet apparently he has a 'woman problem'. That changed to 'he hasn't given women the top jobs', even though the Education, Health and Business jobs have gone to women? The Guardian are desperate to smear him but instead keep revealing their own hypocrisy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:05 pm

If Jezza's Red Army get Massacered at the next Election, what next! get Tone to make a comeback?
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:35 pm

tigertony wrote:

At least the lost manufacturing jobs have been replaced by something. Whats with the shirt and tie nonsense? Totally irrelevant. So what is ''working class''?

Not irrelevant Tony. Many of today's unskilled shirt & tie brigade see themselves as Tory whereas manufacturing workers of old were Labour through & through. Boils down to those that get their hands dirty & those that don't.
As for working class, same as it ever was, only there is now another class beneath.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:27 pm

Rickler wrote:
Oh Bernie is moving and shaking already!

But then again...  If we want to talk shaking up?  So is the Donald!

I couldn't help but notice that an immigrant has just taken The Donald's job!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:13 am

FY 310 wrote:
Iggy wrote:

But then Labour wouldn't work for them either Iggy. The Labour party have struggled to be representative of anyone in particular since the collapse of manufacturing, starting in the early eighties I guess.

To me they appear to be more focused, rightly or wrongly on the bottom feeders, ignoring those for whom they were founded.

I'd agree that most people are unrepresented by either party it's how I've felt all my life. There is too little questioning of politics and politicians and too many people cross that box because their mum or dad did or even worse like the Blair landslide because the sun told you to. I'm delighted about Corbyn getting in, not because I think he is the messiah but because it will at the very least get all parties talking about the alternatives to austerity, its not the only way, it's the only way that the big business wants it played, at least enough people have seen through that charade to get Corbyn elected. I disagree about EDL bnp because most people are normal and intelligent enough to feck them off, as for the youngsters my two boys (19 and 23) are completely and utterly disillusioned with politics maybe Corbyn could get them interested? Fecked if Cameron or Miilpede managed it last time round.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 11:40 am

The vast majority of under 25's who are really into politics will fall into one or more of these brackets...

1)Privately educated toffs who see a potential career path.
2)Activist types whose idea of a good day out is sitting on a floor somewhere in Totnes discussing which joss stick creates the best ambience.
3)Geeky nerds with no social skills who'd run a mile if Demi Lovato opened their bedroom door and offered to giving them a good seeing to.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 11:42 am

Demi Lovato, btw....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jezza Corbyn
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next