seadog
Mock Cuncher
Sir Francis Drake
Cornish Chris
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage

Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 6:45 pm

Successive governments since the kicking out of Churchill, have been elected on small proportions of the electorate, apart from a couple of landslides.
But then what do we expect when our this rotten borough type "democracy" is based on the Greek model where nearly a half of the population were slaves, and many others didn't have the vote.
Add to that 22%, 25% or 30% headline figure, and then understand that the result nearly always hangs on just 2 or 3 million undecided swing voters, and you have a recipe for 3 million boring middle of the roaders have dominated Westminster politics for far too long. I welcome the left and right polarisation that is going on underneath the radar of  many European governments since the whole financial capitalist system has been shown to be a massive gambling fraud. About time.

If Labour can convince people on defence and immigration, Corbyn will succeed. He may well have to rely on the SNP, but that's a good thing, they will keep him honest, and well left of Blair/Brown.

As for not trusting governments to spend money, Very Happy do me a favour. I assume that would mean some posters would like the armed forces to be privatised then. Maybe the Chinese could chip in, or perhaps the French, as well as the Americans. . What's good for our energy security should be good enough for defence. And maybe the zero hours contract could be included to save money. No war, no pay.
As for PFI I have commented on that previously. Outrageous how successive governments have gone down that route since the 80s. Sadly a reflection of the domination of Westminster by the big corporate barons looking for a pretty guaranteed penny. A left government would soon put them under "austerity" measures, contract or no. There's always a way if you have the will and the mandate to do so.

Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 9:57 am

[quote="Sir John Hawkins]

If Labour can convince people on defence and immigration, Corbyn will succeed.
[/quote]

Can I suggest a career in stand up.

Are you a fan of Jack Dee?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 10:01 am

I've asked my partner to crochet me a Corbyn. She's done a fine job. I'm now protected from all evil
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 10:07 am

Or maybe Russell Brand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 6:38 pm

What do you reckon Rollo, pretty smart eh ? even got a tie on. I'm fully protected against the Bully boys and their Tory spells now. A bit concerned the cat may take a liking to Jeremy though. Far more of a potential problem than the press.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I guess a Russell Brand would just be a big ball of wool pulled about. I like Russell, talks a lot of basic human sense. The women seem to like him too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 6:26 am

Well, great result for Jeremy at Oldham. parteeeeee
INCREASED share of the vote. Best Labour share since Blair the warmonger won in 1997.
And quite opposite to the rigged propagaaaaaaaaanda spewing out from the big boys'   mass media. Very interesting indeed. Looks like Corbyn is closer to public opinion than the papers, just as he was in tune with opinion polls on Syria.  
Meanwhile the capitalists reduce the interest rates further into minus territory. They don't know what they're doing. They don't know what they're doing. Madness.
The first quiet sign in Oldham of an underlying popularity, despite the kicking the press are giving Corbyn. There'll be a few worried observers this morning, that's for sure. The people might just see through the crap and get the message. Go Go Jezza !!
Laughing :greenrave:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:04 am

Its good news but its was surely more to do with the respect towards the local candidate and a rejection of the opportunist kippers had rather than a rubber stamping of Corbyns party leadership. However I watch the plummeting fortunes of Lord Tisdales beloved Kippers with relish, they threw all their money at the election and ended up with one less seat than they started with Very Happy . Now their major donors are abandoning them in favour of Tory pressure groups such as Conservatives for Britain. Their only hope now is that the pro EU Osborne gets in after Cameron, rather than Boris who attract the Kippers vote. I think we can rule Theresa May out now, she seems to have judged the mood incorrectly and is either behind the Gideon juggernaut or made a tactical retreat for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 11:43 am

UKIP are a busted flush. Far too openly racist. The Tories have done a clever bit of positioning. And now Corbyn will squeeze the mistaken souls that thought UKIP were a better bet than the Blairites.

I do have to laugh at the media line. They all say it must have been a local vote. Well, I thought the local first past the post system was always intended to be just that, a local community candidate. So well done, labour, and I'm not even a Labour voter.
Hopefully, maybe Corbyn's labour party will get rid of the Westminster parachuted in brigade and put up proper local people from the community next time around. Proper representative politics for a change.

I see Farage is calling foul now, and saying the ballot was fixed. Jeez, wadda goon. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 12:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 1:59 pm

Interesting stuff, and we all know the Blairite parliamentary MPs aren't going to go without a bit of blood. Their problem is the more they kick up, the more the grass roots party are likely to kick them out. Make no mistake, the Labour party has changed at the grass root, mirroring movements across Europe and beyond. Good to see. I bet the Blair career guys and gals haven't the balls to do a David Owen  Very Happy , but that would be the honourable thing to do. There's nothing to stop them calling a by election in their constituency, should they wish. Geddon. I wonder how many will. Trouble is, they like their pay too much, and have an eye on a long, well remunerated career.
No surprise to see the oh so priveleged establishment Laura Kuenssberg of the BBC isn't impressed with Jezza today, and yet the BBC are supposed to be left wing in some folks' eyes.   Laughing

It has 4 and a half years to unfold, although we'll probably be at war by then, and/or democracy will have been suspended.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 3:41 pm

Funny that I was going to mention Kussenburg (was her dad in the SS?) after reading your tuppence worth. It's not just her it's the whole of the republican media who have it in for poor old trouser press. The Blairite thing is over thank feck but the media are convinced that only variations of Tory politics will work in blighty. Anyway I wouldn't write Corbs off yet, a day is a long time in politics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:15 pm

I haven't written jezza off at all. He's tapping into something under the rich man's press. More of a demon than Fargage ever managed. And yes, even the Guardian can't really handle Corbyn and what he MIGHT capitalise on.
Lot's of governor-generals and the like in the Kunnesberg locker. Real, real establishment, through and through, and a sign of the times at the BBC as they get colonised. Good at her job, though, just a right little creep. A bit like Bobbbbbb, apart from the good at the job bit. Bring back John Cole.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 9:10 pm

Kussenberg is abysmal.
Can i get good odds on tories to win the next election
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 9:55 pm

I wouldn't have thought so, given the press. But then, who would have given odds on Corbyn slaughtering everyone in the leadership election.
I would put odds on Argyle and Portsmouth to both go up automatically. Easy bet, if you're into it. You would surely double yer money 100%.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 1:48 am

Lord Biro wrote:
But then, who would have given odds on Corbyn slaughtering everyone in the leadership election.

Nobody in their right mind, he was nailed on the moment they sold votes for £3 each, I spent £54 and finished up with 14 votes, I was hoping that might swing the Labour Party behind the LEAVE.EU campaign as Jihadi Jez was always a Eurosceptic, I suppose that was before he got on to the gravy train big time.

Still, I am getting good value now as with Provo John's support the pair of terrorist sympathisers are doing a great job of making Labour unelectable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 9:55 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:
But then, who would have given odds on Corbyn slaughtering everyone in the leadership election.

Nobody in their right mind, he was nailed on the moment they sold votes for £3 each, I spent £54 and finished up with 14 votes, I was hoping that might swing the Labour Party behind the LEAVE.EU campaign as Jihadi Jez was always a Eurosceptic, I suppose that was before he got on to the gravy train big time.

Still, I am getting good value now as with Provo John's support the pair of terrorist sympathisers are doing a great job of making Labour unelectable.

Another appaza intelligent man confuses dialogue and mediation with support. Without people like Jezza we would still be fighting the fooking Irish and being bombed on our streets at home, we couldn't fight the Irish and have troops spare to fight Saddam so we sat around tables with the Provos and thrashed out a deal.
Btw are you suggesting that Jez got it wrong about Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria or do you like our leaders feel that God is on our side?
Anyway it's less important that he gets elected than offers an actual opposition to the Tories, it's been so long since we've had one that people have become uncomfortable with the idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 10:36 am

I've come to the conclusion he's a good bloke, says some interesting things but a bit shit when alls said and done
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 12:33 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I've come to the conclusion he's a good bloke, says some interesting things but a bit shit when alls said and done

Pretty much my view too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 7:43 am

My hero.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 8:35 am

It didn't take long.....he's not even made the speech yet the IOD have already come out with the old chestnut that this proposal will "impact International business wanting to trade in the UK"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
It didn't take long.....he's not even made the speech yet the IOD have already come out with the old chestnut that this proposal will "impact International business wanting to trade in the UK"

The Tories can say what they like the IMF and others have criticised the level of dividends being paid from uk business, it used to be on average ten per cent of the profit it is now on average 70 or 80% which is causing a massive problem with lack of investment in infrastructure, maintenance and having that safety net for the next recession. The heads of industry then donate hundreds of k to their benefactors (the Tories) and get a Lordship for their troubles. Only the other day Cameron was fuming when the Lords fecked him over on tax credits yet in a couple of years time the only lords left will be Tory party donors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 10:04 am

Jezza the musical! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Whaddaya reckon Les? Me you and Rollo make up a threesome?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 4:31 pm

I saw the first grudging comment of a little respect from a mainstream journalist the other day. And what he said was quite true. It's not just the politics, as everyone knows there are other issues in play, it's also how you behave and whether people believe in you. This country has cried out for another conviction politician, and this one doesn't grandstand and shove out bellicose statements, he just quietly gets on with his business, without briefings, planned leaks and all the crap that people have got so fed up with.
Jezza means what he says. He's doing just fine, and he's irritating a lot of his career minded sell out MPs. Excellent stuff.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 9:14 pm

Made himself look like a tw@t today
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Can't look any worse than Milliband, IDS or Hague.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jezza Corbyn   Jezza Corbyn - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jezza Corbyn
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next