5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:28 am

No, not the one in Spinal Tap..

I see though, that El Prez, AKA Chris Webb, his old posts on ATD now come up as "Guest".

No more Prez?

"It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black!"

Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:58 am

The question is Ricks, does anyone give one?

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:06 am

GOB wrote:

The answer is... They should.

Or the club should.
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:39 am

Rickler wrote:
GOB wrote:

Or the club should.

Why?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 am

Where's Webby and Nool are very close.................. says all you need to know.
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:45 am

ZeeZan6 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
GOB wrote:

Or the club should.

Why?

Because Chris Webb is the president, the fans representative and with that title comes the "job" of engaging with the fan base from ALL sections.

Just because he gets a rough ride here and people don't just bow down to everything he says he has a tantrum. Some union man he is if he can't take criticism.

Any questioning of the man and its met with aggressive and defensive answers.

The man should not be in the "job" if he can't do it properly and fairly, he's so far up Newell and pasoti's arse you can barely see his toes yet he should be neutral and as for him mouthing off shit on twitter to the players how ridiculous can you get? Fletcher must be so pleased knowing the clubs president is engaging in conversations about replacing him as manager to.

Chris Webb-Club President CLOWN more like clown
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:08 am

Yea Man wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
GOB wrote:

Or the club should.

Why?

Because Chris Webb is the president, the fans representative and with that title comes the "job" of engaging with the fan base from ALL sections.

Just because he gets a rough ride here and people don't just bow down to everything he says he has a tantrum. Some union man he is if he can't take criticism.

The man should not be in the "job" if he can't do it properly and fairly, he's so far up Newell and pasoti's arse you can barely see his toes yet he should be neutral and as for him mouthing off shit on twitter to the players how ridiculous can you get? Fletcher must be so pleased knowing the clubs president is engaging in conversations about replacing him as manager to.

Can u forward me the copy of the club president job description you have? I seem to have missed it.. thought he was a normal guy given an honorary role. Silly me
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:11 am

Chris' original account was deleted in November or October and any post he made with that account will show up as "guest".

Chris Webb II is still here. If you look at the "this must end" thread he still appears as a registered user.

Last edited by Frank Bullitt on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:20 am

ZeeZan6 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
GOB wrote:

Or the club should.

Why?

Can u forward me the copy of the club president job description you have? I seem to have missed it.. thought he was a normal guy given an honorary role. Silly me

It's honorary when it suits him more like.

If it's honorary why is he spouting so much shite on pasoti and on here before he had his tantrum?

The man is a joke and shouldn't be in the position, there are far more deserving supporters of this club than a tw@t with an ego the size of London.

Normal guy given an honorary role? No chance.
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:30 am

Yea Man wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
GOB wrote:

Or the club should.

Why?

It's honorary when it suits him more like.

If it's honorary why is he spouting so much shite on pasoti and on here before he had his tantrum?

The man is a joke and shouldn't be in the position, there are far more deserving supporters of this club than a tw@t with an ego the size of London.

Normal guy given an honorary role? No chance.

Well wouldn't life be dull if we all had the same views!
+cw is still on here, fuss about nothing
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:49 am

He's registered yes but he point blank refuses to post on here or answer any questions directed at him because he doesn't like the answers he get's back.

Hopefully soon Brent will ditch the pig and the clown and we can all laugh
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:12 am

He's too busy not bothering to post very often on Internet Forum's anymore. Except he found time to deactivate his account and post once or twice on p-bay. ZZ I admire your loyalty but Chris is being a total dick and it just shows that there cannot be any criticism of him or he throws a strop. I would honestly love to see how he gets away with this kind of attitude in his day job, when he hasn't got Noolypoo to cleanse away anything that might upset him or that is in the slightest bit awkward.

From the BBC Sport report on Chris Webb being made president:

Webb will balance the roll along with his full-time job as a divisional representative for the Communication Workers Union.

I can be a great ambassador for the club and hope I can be in a position to assist supporters groups and promote the club on an ongoing basis.

Chris WebbPlymouth Argyle president.

"The last president was part of the Japanese involvement, his role was seen as trying to sell Argyle to the Far East and the world," added Webb.

"I see my role as trying to sell the club to the south west of England to show that our house is in order.

"We gave everything over almost a year to bring James Brent to the table and assisting him to make sure he was successful in the takeover.

"This is not an award for me personally but for the whole of the Green Army."

Argyle's new owner, James Brent, says it makes sense to have someone like Webb as the figurehead for the club.

"If you look at what the club's been through over the last nine months it seemed fitting to appoint a Green Army leader to that position," he said.

"Chris personally has worked incredibly hard and effectively to safeguard the club.

"He's clearly a Janner through and through and we'd like him to help promote the club within the community," Brent said.

Brent says he advised the previous president, Yasuhiko Okudera, of their intentions.

"In my view rather than having an international football star as president we should have a person who's played his part in the community," the new Argyle owner added.

And Webb is in no doubt how he sees his role panning out.

"I can be a great ambassador for the club and hope I can be in a position to assist supporters groups and promote the club on an ongoing basis," he said.

The key phrases I take from this are: " I can be a great ambassador for the club and hope I can be in a position to assist supporters groups and promote the club on an ongoing basis"

Obviously not ALL supporters groups though eh Chris?

"I see my role as trying to sell the club to the south west of England to show that our house is in order."

Unless of course somebody who isn't a friend of mine on Pasoti, asks me an awkward question about racist chanting from the Plymouth end of the ground, showing that the house most certainly is not in order.

Other than that ZZ, and the very public criticism of ATD for not falling into line and kowtowing to Pasoti, I would say he's doing every bit as good a job as Yasuhiko Okudera did promoting Argyle in the Far East, and must be extremely pleased to be every bit as good a club president as thingy was.
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:13 am

He's too busy not bothering to post very often on Internet Forum's anymore. Except he found time to deactivate his account and post once or twice on p-bay. ZZ I admire your loyalty but Chris is being a total dick and it just shows that there cannot be any criticism of him or he throws a strop. I would honestly love to see how he gets away with this kind of attitude in his day job, when he hasn't got Noolypoo to cleanse away anything that might upset him or that is in the slightest bit awkward.

Webb will balance the roll along with his full-time job as a divisional representative for the Communication Workers Union.

I can be a great ambassador for the club and hope I can be in a position to assist supporters groups and promote the club on an ongoing basis.

"The last president was part of the Japanese involvement, his role was seen as trying to sell Argyle to the Far East and the world," added Webb.

"I see my role as trying to sell the club to the south west of England to show that our house is in order.

"We gave everything over almost a year to bring James Brent to the table and assisting him to make sure he was successful in the takeover.

Argyle's new owner, James Brent, says it makes sense to have someone like Webb as the figurehead for the club.

"If you look at what the club's been through over the last nine months it seemed fitting to appoint a Green Army leader to that position," he said.

"Chris personally has worked incredibly hard and effectively to safeguard the club.

"He's clearly a Janner through and through and we'd like him to help promote the club within the community," Brent said.

Brent says he advised the previous president, Yasuhiko Okudera, of their intentions.

"In my view rather than having an international football star as president we should have a person who's played his part in the community," the new Argyle owner added.

"I can be a great ambassador for the club and hope I can be in a position to assist supporters groups and promote the club on an ongoing basis," he said.

The key phrases I take from this are: " I can be a great ambassador for the club and hope I can be in a position to assist supporters groups and promote the club on an ongoing basis"

"I see my role as trying to sell the club to the south west of England to show that our house is in order."

Unless of course somebody who isn't a friend of mine on Pasoti, asks me an awkward question about racist chanting from the Plymouth end of the ground, showing that the house most certainly is not in order.

Other than that ZZ, and the very public criticism of ATD for not falling into line and kowtowing to Pasoti, I would say he's doing every bit as good a job as Yasuhiko Okudera did promoting Argyle in the Far East, and must be extremely pleased to be every bit as good a club president as thingy was.
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:16 am

Yea Man wrote:
He's registered yes but he point blank refuses to post on here or answer any questions directed at him because he doesn't like the answers he get's back.

So you think he's a clown and up ians ass, yet u want to hear what he has to say? Doesn't stack up
Some ppl just like a rant... Passes the time I guess.
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:35 am

ZeeZan6 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

So you think he's a clown and up ians ass, yet u want to hear what he has to say? Doesn't stack up
Some ppl just like a rant... Passes the time I guess.

Before all this happened I actually had a great deal of respect for Chris but that respect has totally gone. I see your from the Chris Webb school of forum posting, completely ignore the post above from greenjock, Webby has taught you well Wink
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:36 am

ZZ, I think this goes back to the post he made on here 'this has to stop' where he apparently offered the hand of friendship, a 'truce' if you prefer. He got asked some awkward questions, but he said he had the agreement of Pasoti and Ian Newell to post what he did.

Fast forward an hour or two and there is nothing on Pasoti. So, in the interests of fairness I posted a link to his post on here. He almost immediately posts on Pasoti with a totally different message and tone. Effectively telling me I am wasting my time and I got the underlying tone that he thought I was shit stirring. Next thing you know Ian has waded in, muddied the waters away from the very real and important point of bridge building, and the rest as they say, is history.

If Chris would just answer straight questions with straight answers, he would gain a lot more support from those who ask the questions. Most of the time he either dodges the question, or says he's answered it many times before, but strangely for a man who loves links to back up his arguments with me for example, is unable to post links to where the question has been answered. Or he simply ignores the question.

He also used to say he was posting as an individual and not the President. He can't physically do that. He is one and the same. Consequently for someone who seeks such a high public profile, he needs to address everyone.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:39 am

To be honest, I'm not that fussed on what Webb does. He is club president, he can do nothing just like the last one as far as I'm concerned if that is what he chooses to do.

He used to be mildly entertaining during the takeover saga; being the Trust Chair meant he often broke useful news to us. Now though, his uber-positivity just grates me a little - I just don't share that common ground with him at all whilst we're in the position we're in. We're so far apart in mindsets that him posting on PASOTI or here just appears slightly propagandaic to me, I just can't take it seriously that we get a speech every time after another loss.

But; I'm not one to tell anyone what to do, he can continue here if he's got the stomach for it, he can merely post on PASOTI if that's his game, or he could solely attempt to reach out to the fans off-line...he's irrelevant to me.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:50 am

Am I alone in thinking that as club president he should be completely distancing himself from any talk of Neil Warnock coming back and not being actively involved in discussions on pbay? No worries if I am! cheers
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:04 am

greenjock wrote:

Currently on my way to the drs, sorry yea man for not responding to every comment asap.

Greenjock - fair play for finding the article and taking the time to write a long post.
I think it simply comes down to, quite often when Chris is on here he recieves either abuse aimed at him, or his good friend. He may be talking bout something to do with the club then along comes someone saying how he's bumming Ian, or whatever. It's just a waste of his time.

Purely my own opinion from what I have seen, and I could be wrong
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:11 am

As you're on your phone we'll excuse any typos then Wink
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:17 am

Chris Guest! Green+Politics+with+clowns
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:35 am

GOB wrote:
Chris Guest! Green+Politics+with+clowns

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

clown clown clown clown clown
jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

pig pig pig pig pig pig

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:34 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:
Greenjock - fair play for finding the article and taking the time to write a long post.
I think it simply comes down to, quite often when Chris is on here he recieves either abuse aimed at him, or his good friend. He may be talking bout something to do with the club then along comes someone saying how he's bumming Ian, or whatever. It's just a waste of his time.

Zee, anyone reading my posts will see that in no way am I someone who has abused Chris. In fact within a very short while of me signing up to here I was so fed up with some of the innuendos and challenges written on here as well as the barrage of closed, agenda-led "questions" that I stepped back from here for about a week and had serious doubts about continuing. I thought, and still do sometimes, that people forget that he is a person as well as President. It is not a post that has been available before. For everyone it was inevitably a learning period in which mistakes would be made. He has had a rough ride. I think this thread illustrates that. The original post took some "evidence" that Chris has disappeared completely and had to have it pointed out that only one, initial sign-up had been closed down.

BUT

I don't think he has done his case any good by not rising above all that. He has certainly not behaved presidentially. If he bothered to hang around and think rather than simply responding, he would see that underneath the style of the posts on here most of them are very good, reasoned and reasonable points being made. The general easy ride he gets on pasoti seems to be more attractive to him than dealing with the uncomfortable pertinent questions on here. I was quite shocked at his flouncing from here during his recent "peace-offering" recently. Instead he has retreated to his comfy chair on pasoti and legitimised the divisive battles. Not a very presidential stance to take.

AND

Sadly, the spectre of Mr Newell hovers in the background. I have a suspicion that Chris has at least some discomfort with Mr Newell's behaviour but there has not been a glimmer of criticism publicly - hence all the, in my opinion, merited criticisms of that relationship. Yes, Mr Newell has done loads to help save the club. That is undeniable in my view! But there comes a point where a critical friend is the best friend to have. Otherwise it moves onto the same continuum as the comment about Mussolini, "Well, at least he made the trains run on time." (And no, I am not actually comparing the actions of some bloke on an internet chat site to a fascist dictator responsible for the deaths of thousands of people!) There have been many, well merited criticisms of how pasoti is run on which Chris has made no comment. In my view, he has not helped his cause.

Keep posting and challenging though, Zee. It's good - otherwise people get too cosy. People will respond but will pay attention to what you are saying.

Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:06 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Currently on my way to the drs, sorry yea man for not responding to every comment asap.

Hardly took any finding ZZ, you asked about the Presidents job description and not as if he has been shy is it? And as he is "the clubs figurehead" why should he be? The point is he is picky about how and where he posts, with this site getting the irate Chris, and Pasoti getting the cheerleader backslapping glass is positively overflowing Chris.

And did you really have to have to plant an image in my mind about Chris bumming Ian? I haven't been able to eat since I read that!
Back to top Go down

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:56 pm

does all this really matter ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chris Guest! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Guest!   Chris Guest! Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Guest!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next