Les Miserable
Josh Pope
Greenskin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 9:43 am

Shot 85 in the third round of Jack Nicklaus Memorial tournament yesterday, the worst round of his career and a score that an average club golfer wouldn't have been getting ecstatic about. Too many injuries seem to have taken their toll and it would be sad to see such a great player [notwithstanding his off course activities] struggling for much longer-wouldn't take long for people to start turning against him. To be fair he was under par in the second round but that isn't really good enough for a player who has won this tournament on countless occasions and it would seem that Tiger has some big decisions coming up about where his career is going.
Back to top Go down

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 9:47 am

I've always wanted to play golf like Tiger Woods. Looks like that wish is coming true cheers
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 10:32 am

Do injuries effect golf? Hardly a strenuous sport.
Back to top Go down

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 1:14 pm

Bob Paisley used ban his Liverpool players from playing Golf as he reckoned that was what caused most injuries. He'd rather they were in the pub.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 1:52 pm

Paven wrote:

A serious contender for this weeks most stupid comment clown
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Paven wrote:

lol! Indeed so. The golf swing is a fairly dynamic action, especially when the club head speed is as phenomenal as that obtained by Tiger and his fellow professionals. Imagine that action repeated 40 times per round, four rounds per tournament over 20 tournaments per annum over career spans of up to 25 years, not to mention the literally thousands of balls that players hit in practice and the scope for stress on the joints is very clear. Back and knee problems are the bane of any golfer, had some rather nasty problems myself in those areas last winter. Always remember Tiger winning the US open a few years ago when he was obviously in severe discomfort with his knee-often wondered what the ultimate price to pay would be for that victory.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Paven wrote:

Contender? As soon as he hit 'send', it was in the bag.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 12:08 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Paven wrote:

Hands down winner for the year's most stupid comment. Not the first that this poster has made.

Anyway, I'm sure Tiger will be around for a while yet, but I wouldn't expect to see him challenging for victories any more. Watching him, I think Greenskin's swing is actually better than his now.

Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:13 pm

It's bloody hard work. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

People say cricket's easy too - until they've had their thumb jammed against the bat by a rising delivery, or had their finger bent 90 degrees in the wrong direction by a dropped catch, or broken their toe on a yorker.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 1:40 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Paven wrote:

Hands down winner for the year's most stupid comment. Not the first that this poster has made.

Anyway, I'm sure Tiger will be around for a while yet, but I wouldn't expect to see him challenging for victories any more. Watching him, I think Greenskin's swing is actually better than his now.

Thumbs My score was better than his yesterday as well,84 in the Hurdwick 100 but our course isn't quite as long as Jack's. Puts it in a bit of perspective that Tiger gets slated for shooting 74, which is actually my best ever round. lol!

Look forward to seeing you on July 9th.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 2:15 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
It's bloody hard work. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

People say cricket's easy too - until they've had their thumb jammed against the bat by a rising delivery, or had their finger bent 90 degrees in the wrong direction by a dropped catch, or broken their toe on a yorker.

Been there, got the T shirt on all of those counts. There were some very swift bowlers even in local cricket and some of them would just as soon put you in hospital as get you out. Fielding at suicide corner could be pretty hazardous as well, had a lump the size of an egg on my shin once after a Delabole batsman smashed a full toss into it, very lucky that it wasn't broken. Standing at the non strikers end one day playing against Fowey and Neil Richardson, very good player who eventually played top club cricket in Hampshire, pulled a half tracker straight into the temple of a lad fielding about three yards from the bat-i vividly remember the crack to this day. How he survived is beyond me but he got away with concussion and a few hours in Tavistock hospital. Dangerous game indeed.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 10:54 pm

Interesting to see that average club golfers would get around a USPGA course in 85 playing off the championship tees, a pro once told me that if the average club golfer were to be able to drop their ball just off the green for one on each hole at Augusta they still wouldn't get round in par.

The Tigger certainly has problems, that is if anyone with a good few hundred millions in the bank ever really has a problem, he needs to stop trying to be the Tigger of ten years ago, re find his touch, then find a way to hit the greens in regulation, that probably means going in with more 5 irons than 9 irons so in theory not getting so close on many holes, but that would be better than the nowhere he is at the moment.

Having said that he was 3 under with four to play in his last round Sunday, playing as a one, so he really isn't too far off being competitive.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:15 pm

End of the Tiger?
WTF? I ain't going nowhere. laugh
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:27 pm

tigertony wrote:
End of the Tiger?
WTF? I ain't going nowhere. laugh
 Cough end of the tiger can be arranged lol! for a small fee or just a click of a button hahahahahahha
Back to top Go down

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 6:20 am

Will the 2nd round be his last as a professional golfer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

End of the Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of the Tiger?   End of the Tiger? Empty

Back to top Go down

End of the Tiger?
Page 1 of 1