Sir Francis Drake
downthetrack
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
downthetrack

downthetrack

Poor old Fletcher.  Empty
PostSubject: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Very disrespectful of your fans.Been a loyal boy .Now he is on the gallows.Bring in Neil,is the cry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Fletcher showed no quarter to Seip, Mariner or Reid, and probably others unknown. As Ridsdale, and Fletcher by proxy, said to Reid, football is a game of results. I'm sure he'll understand. cat
Fletcher is a single minded man looking to his own future to replace his long shot away legs. There's just no debate to be had if Warnock is up for it.
Not only that, this club owes Warnock an apology for the way his mate McCauley treated him. Without doubt the most successful manager ever outside of the premier league.... and he likes it here .... how much more luck do we need to pull up on our doorstep and say Hi, I'm Neil, I live next door ?
You had your Manchester stroke of luck.... these things need to be grasped.... it's no trojan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:55 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Very disrespectful of your fans.Been a loyal boy .Now he is on the gallows.Bring in Neil,is the cry.

I agree , its an improvement in playing staff thats the answer to the problems.

No-one will be able to work with the current Squad. There not good enough to consistently perform well enough to get out of trouble.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:02 pm

Football is a horrible business. Much as I would like to see controlled long term loyalty and integrity triumph short term expediency, panic and back stabbing will come out on top every time. Fletcher has been around long enough to know how it is.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:05 pm

I agree but meanwhile Fletcher will be more than aware of the speculation and, if Warnock isn't moved in, then Fletcher will be even more up against it than he was before.

But, football is a tough business and he is aware of all that goes with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:16 pm

dane_b wrote:
downthetrack wrote:

I agree , its an improvement in playing staff thats the answer to the problems.
But that isn't going to materialise Dane. Two new players tops is all that will happen.
It's a mind set and a culture that has toi change. I agree the team is hopeless, but someone like Warnock could save us from the drop. Short of a Mariner or Rooney, the manager is THE most important single employee at any club, by a mile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:21 pm

downthetrack wrote:

i understand that and how it looks and i do agree with you. I personally see potential in Carl Fletcher to be a decent manager but at this point in the clubs history its not the best time to try out a rookie. The job is hard enough without making it harder. Fletcher is only 31 and has at least 3-4 years left in him playing wise and i strongly feel he should be playing now and not thinking about retiring from playing to manage.

To be blunt he was the cheap option to make perm and he has been stiched up with this job. If a year or two under Neil Warnock if he came back helps bring stability then we need to make moves to bring him in now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:59 pm

You're bottom of the entire football league and still you don't get it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:45 am

We are bottom of the football league and don't get what exactly? What the team at the bottom needs right now to get off the bottom of the football league? And you are qualified to know how exactly? Right now we need a couple of players and a man of experience with a proven track record to lead the club. There you go I get it really I do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:57 am

i would like to point out to our exeter friends. you have steve perryman (spurs scum) as a director of football he is the stability at your club experienced and all that so when your club was giving the manager position to inglethorpe, dolan and tisdale all inexperienced at management (tisdale in football league) they had a mentor and experience to call apon to help them.

Its not a unique setup lots of clubs have a director of football to a young manager or as assistant at least. Carl Fletcher hasnt got that his backroom staff are like him very inexperienced and no prior knowledge. Thats why many dont fell the situation our club is and seeing as no experienced figure head is coming in as either a D of F or assistant (larrieu is far to precious to be a goalkeeper coach in a few eyes here) its best all round that if a guy like warnock is free and brent can attract him here we move fletcher to a coaching role where he can learn his trade and continue playing without pressure.

If its good enough for yeovil i think plymouth argyle could see if it works.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:02 am

A mentor for Carl Fletcher is obviously necessary, and Neil Warnock would be an obvious choice given his history. Would he do it for the pride and to get some real job satisfaction for a salary which would be peanuts to what he could get elsewhere, taking the club onwards and upwards? (Per Ardua Ad Astra). I have supported Argyle for over 60 years and really worry for the future. My wifes asks why I torture myself watching the game on the BBC site and shouting "Come on Argyle - you can do it" to the PC. It's because PAFC is in my blood and now I see the trapdoor of Blue Square football looming,once down there it will be a long haul to get back.
Here's hoping and praying Mr W comes back to help us out, he might even stay to take us further - the largest city in England never to have tasted top flight football.

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:24 am

Phenom wrote:

If its good enough for yeovil i think plymouth argyle could see if it works.

If it's good enough for Yeovil?

Are you serious? What next? If it's good enough for Crantock U16 reserves?

To think we have sunk so low we aspire to something Yeovil has!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:20 am

downthetrack wrote:

I always get a bit uncomfortable when situations like this arise. I haven't - and never have had - got it in me to call for anyone to lose their job, in football or anywhere else. And - as that bishop said recently about the Blackburn fans and Steve Kean - we sometimes forget that these are human beings we're ripping into on the web.

Having said that, most of the calls for Warnock are not anti-Fletcher - they're just pro-Warnock. Personally, I think Fletcher's been given an impossible job, and that the decision to promote him to replace Reid (who I think was treated appallingly, btw) was made purely on the grounds of cost. Hopefully the decision about approaching Warnock (or not) will be made on the right grounds: those of our survival as a League club.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:24 am

Far to sensible a reply for this site!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:27 am

pafcinbrussels wrote:
A mentor for Carl Fletcher is obviously necessary, and Neil Warnock would be an obvious choice given his history. Would he do it for the pride and to get some real job satisfaction for a salary which would be peanuts to what he could get elsewhere, taking the club onwards and upwards? (Per Ardua Ad Astra). I have supported Argyle for over 60 years and really worry for the future. My wifes asks why I torture myself watching the game on the BBC site and shouting "Come on Argyle - you can do it" to the PC. It's because PAFC is in my blood and now I see the trapdoor of Blue Square football looming,once down there it will be a long haul to get back.
Here's hoping and praying Mr W comes back to help us out, he might even stay to take us further - the largest city in England never to have tasted top flight football.

Merv Plummer

Welcome to ATD Merv!

I like the idea of this position for Warnock, should he decide to take up the ultimate challenge in football, but I think it would be only time before he has to take on a hands on role. I maybe being unfair to Fletch here, but I think he has to go and I know it's not nice, but this is the cold and ruthless game of professional football.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:34 am

pafcinbrussels wrote:

Merv Plummer

It's not easy being an Argyle fan with a brain is it Merv ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:36 am

Peggy wrote:
downthetrack wrote:

I always get a bit uncomfortable when situations like this arise. I haven't - and never have had - got it in me to call for anyone to lose their job, in football or anywhere else. And - as that bishop said recently about the Blackburn fans and Steve Kean - we sometimes forget that these are human beings we're ripping into on the web.

Having said that, most of the calls for Warnock are not anti-Fletcher - they're just pro-Warnock. Personally, I think Fletcher's been given an impossible job, and that the decision to promote him to replace Reid (who I think was treated appallingly, btw) was made purely on the grounds of cost. Hopefully the decision about approaching Warnock (or not) will be made on the right grounds: those of our survival as a League club.

Exactly.

In our situation right now, if Warnock, or another experienced man is willing to come, Fletcher must move over. There is far too much at stake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:49 am

pepsipete wrote:

Bog off!

Is that better? flower
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:28 am

Peggy wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

Bog off!

Is that better? flower

Much more like it. elephant
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:47 am

I don't buy the idea that Fletcher is in any way loyal to the PAFC cause.

Cast aside by Palace, a desperate Argyle offered him Charlie Adam's wage to come down and help us avoid relegation. He then signed the contract extension in the summer because it was by far the biggest wage he is capable of commanding in football. We certainly wouldn't have offered it to him had we not been forced to by the clause he activated by playing x amount of games last season. He wouldn't have picked up half the wage elsewhere, either. He would have done the club a favour by not re-signing imho.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I don't buy the idea that Fletcher is in any way loyal to the PAFC cause.

Cast aside by Palace, a desperate Argyle offered him Charlie Adam's wage to come down and help us avoid relegation. He then signed the contract extension in the summer because it was by far the biggest wage he is capable of commanding in football. We certainly wouldn't have offered it to him had we not been forced to by the clause he activated by playing x amount of games last season. He wouldn't have picked up half the wage elsewhere, either. He would have done the club a favour by not re-signing imho.

This was a hot topic of debate a few months ago and now seems completely forgotten.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:

This was a hot topic of debate a few months ago and now seems completely forgotten.

Is that because it was moved to terraces and then deleted?? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Sometimes I think if I had more brains I wouldn't be an Argyle fan. But then reality kicks in.......   Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Tringreen wrote:
pafcinbrussels wrote:

Merv Plummer

It's not easy being an Argyle fan with a brain is it Merv ?
................ I said that, not the Belgian. Tringreen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:22 pm

I genuinely fell sorry for Fletch, is all I saw him as was a stop gap manager, if we had suddenly started winning games we obviously should have kept him on but we haven't. Fletch is out of his depth, players that we have are not even working for 90 minutes, we need an experienced manager and we need him last month.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
We are bottom of the football league and don't get what exactly? What the team at the bottom needs right now to get off the bottom of the football league? And you are qualified to know how exactly? Right now we need a couple of players and a man of experience with a proven track record to lead the club. There you go I get it really I do.

You don't get that your team is shite and will be relegated yet you still think a manager like Warnock would waste his time with your basket case of a club. You have Fletcher because you can't afford anybody else, in truth you can't afford him. We all know you are a truly massive Club and it is only a matter of time before you will be gracing the Premiership, your true home.

You don't need a couple more players either, you need a new name and 11 new players.

Plymouth Argyle, Pride of Cornwall! I don't think so, you aren't even pride of Plymouth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor old Fletcher.    Poor old Fletcher.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Poor old Fletcher.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next