Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When can we expect to see new players coming in ?

Go down 
+5
zyph
Dick Trickle
Sir Francis Drake
Cornish Chris
VillageGreen
9 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

When can we expect to see new players coming in ? Empty
PostSubject: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 2:19 pm

Argyle need to rebuild the team asap, so with that in mind, when can we expect to see new players arriving.

I was thinking of early to late June and beyond.

Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Depends if Sheridan is staying I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 3:46 pm

So far we have this to work with:

Quote :
Still Under contract: Ryan Brunt, Lee Cox, Carl McHugh, Luke McCormick, Kelvin Mellor, Curtis Nelson, Ben Purrington, Reuben Reid, Deane Smalley

Deals Extended: Aaron Bentley, Peter Hartley

Offered New Contracts: Anthony O'Connor, James Bittner, Tyler Harvey, Lewis Alessanndra

Apprentices offered professional contract: Callum Hall, Louis Rooney.

Of those offered new contracts I'd be shocked if Bittner moved on or Harvey turned it down. Equally fairly surprised if Alessandra and O'Connor accept.

Which leaves us with:

GK x 2 - Luke, Bittner
CB x 4 - McH, Hartley, Nelson, Bentley
FB x 2 - Purrington, Mellor
MID x 2 - Cox, Harvey
STR x 3 - RReid, Smalley, Brunt

...plus the 2 lads but I don't know where they play.

Which is only 13 (+2 kids) full-time players!

It's pretty obvious where we need to be strengthened.

I'd expect to see 2 x forwards, 4 x midfielders and 2 x strikers come in.

And if Talbot is released I'd expect him to be one of them.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 4:00 pm

One of the downsides of the loan system is the continued need to rebuild every close season. There seems to be no gradual/planned progression, other than maybe the promoted teams who tend to keep their existing squad.

The league becomes 24 teams giving it one shot which is why clubs like Wycombe can come from nowhere after nearly being relegated or Northampton who are all over the place in recent seasons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 4:14 pm

That's the difference bey ween the last time we won this league and where we are now.

We had a constant team back then and it wasn't made up of loaned. The team had time to gel and become a unit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 4:24 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Quote :
Still Under contract: Ryan Brunt, Lee Cox, Carl McHugh, Luke McCormick, Kelvin Mellor, Curtis Nelson, Ben Purrington, Reuben Reid, Deane Smalley

Deals Extended: Aaron Bentley, Peter Hartley

Offered New Contracts: Anthony O'Connor, James Bittner, Tyler Harvey, Lewis Alessanndra

Apprentices offered professional contract: Callum Hall, Louis Rooney.

Of those offered new contracts I'd be shocked if Bittner moved on or Harvey turned it down. Equally fairly surprised if Alessandra and O'Connor accept.

Which leaves us with:

GK x 2 - Luke, Bittner
MID x 2 - Cox, Harvey

Louis Rooney, striker (no relation), Callum Hall, Midfield.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Drew Talbot given new contract by Chesterfield.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Bummer.

Looking at who we have let go (Dominic Blizzard, Jason Banton, River Allen, Ollie Norburn, Matt Lecointe, Marvin Morgan, Jamie Richards, Paul Wotton) surely it makes sense to combine the wages of Blizzard/Norburn into one quality midfielder, the same for Banton/Morgan up front?

Wotton's wage presumably stays on the books as a coach so nothing gained there and Allen/Lecointe/Richards are, sort of, replaced by Rooney and Hall.

That'd bring us up to 15 players (+2) including one injured (Smalley).

Even if we squeeze 3 players out of the 4 "comboes" that's only 16 (+2) inc Smalley in the squad.

Either the budget has to go up or we can expect another rash of loanees to make up the numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 5:14 pm

Or we raise some cash selling somebody.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Ryan Taylor, that big ginger thing at Portsmouth, has been released.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 6:26 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Or we raise some cash selling somebody.

If we get good prices for the likes of reid and nelson then i reckon thats what will happen. Bigger question would be how much would sheridan or whoever see of the money one or both bring in?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 6:27 pm

Reid must have put himself in the shop window last season.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 6:29 pm

I expect jimmy will be competing with Asda and Tesco for most of our signings.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 7:04 pm

I hope Argyle build a team without loans and only go down the loan route if and when there are injuries/suspensions.

I agree that the club should build a team that is good enough to go up in one of the three automatic places next season. The budget will be more important this time around than ever before.

Off Topic

It will be interesting to see where the bookies place Argyle for the 2015-16 L2 season.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon May 18, 2015 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 7:13 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I hope Argyle build a team without loans and only go down the loan route if and when there are injuries/suspensions.

I agree that the club should build a team that is good enough to go up in one of the three automatic places next season. The budget will be more important this time around than ever before.

Off Topic

It will be interesting to see where the bookies place Argyle for the 2015-16 L2 season.
Well of the teams who played in the league this season, we're in the top 3. Obviously those coming down and in particular up into the League will be pretty good, but if we can improve on the squad instead of decimate it...we should be pretty good?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 7:26 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

GK x 2 - Luke, Bittner
MID x 2 - Cox, Harvey

Is Harvey really a midfielder? I always assumed he was a striker. The Midfield is the big worry (again). Once players have been released from the season just gone, you are naturally going to be a few players short. However, we basically don't have a midfield at all at the moment. Also not a great deal at wing-back either. Is Sheridan really going to be able to bring in 4 quality wide players in the close season?

I suspect our midfield will comprise of a bunch of hurriedly assembled loan-players come the start of next season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyMon May 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

GK x 2 - Luke, Bittner
MID x 2 - Cox, Harvey

Is Harvey really a midfielder? I always assumed he was a striker. The Midfield is the big worry (again). Once players have been released from the season just gone, you are naturally going to be a few players short. However, we basically don't have a midfield at all at the moment. Also not a great deal at wing-back either. Is Sheridan really going to be able to bring in 4 quality wide players in the close season?

I suspect our midfield will comprise of a bunch of hurriedly assembled loan-players come the start of next season.

I know it's not real life but on fifa 15 he's a striker Laughing
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyTue May 19, 2015 8:19 pm

Andre Blackman has been released by Blackpool. If ever I saw a player with so much ... (complete the puzzle) laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyTue May 19, 2015 8:36 pm

tigertony wrote:
Andre Blackman has been released by Blackpool. If ever I saw a player with so much ... (complete the puzzle) laugh

Crap and bollox, that should do it geek
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? EmptyWed May 20, 2015 10:52 pm

tigertony wrote:

... to thank his agent for I can't think of one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When can we expect to see new players coming in ?   When can we expect to see new players coming in ? Empty

Back to top Go down

When can we expect to see new players coming in ?
Page 1 of 1