Greenskin
Chemical Ali
hippo
Czarcasm
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Operation coming up... Empty
PostSubject: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:34 pm

As you may or may not have seen, last thursday I was told I had a Hernia and I will need to to have an operation to remove it within the next 3 weeks, as apparently, it is fairly big. Though its not the worst possible outcome as I was concerned about having TC (testicular cancer) but that was ruled out. And instead I have a hernia and a hydrocele which was also be treated.

Was just wondering if anybody else had had this problem as Doc said its not common in the yonnger generations, did you go under local or general etc etc?

And thankyou to the 7 members of both pasoti and on here who have sent me messages on either twitter or facebook wishing me luck with the operation and a quick recovery to get back to playing sport. Really appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Block4Green wrote:
As you may or may not have seen, last thursday I was told I had a Hernia and I will need to to have an operation to remove it within the next 3 weeks, as apparently, it is fairly big. Though its not the worst possible outcome as I was concerned about having TC (testicular cancer) but that was ruled out. And instead I have a hernia and a hydrocele which was also be treated.

Was just wondering if anybody else had had this problem as Doc said its not common in the yonnger generations, did you go under local or general etc etc?

And thankyou to the 7 members of both pasoti and on here who have sent me messages on either twitter or facebook wishing me luck with the operation and a quick recovery to get back to playing sport. Really appreciated.

If it's only a local anaesthetic, be sure to keep us posted on your 'real-time' progress as the surgeon slices you open, yeah?

Cheers bud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Had my operation 3 years ago. Went in at 7am and was allowed home with the Mrs at 3pm. They do put you under and it's sore when the anaesthetic wears off. You should take it easy for a few weeks, no shagging, but that won't affect you.

The bad news is you're not allowed to use your phone or any computer for 2 years.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Had my operation 3 years ago. Went in at 7am and was allowed home with the Mrs at 3pm. They do put you under and it's sore when the anaesthetic wears off. You should take it easy for a few weeks, no shagging, but that won't affect you.

The bad news is you're not allowed to use your phone or any computer for 2 years.

Hope that helps.

Cerbera likes this!
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:27 am

Good luck with your op, just bear in mind that your lower ab muscules etc are generally taken for granted with many tasks you ask your body to do. Keep feeling your balls, it's not only older people who get TC.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 4:05 am

Hello Cobi,

Good luck with your operation and I hope it is successful.

I personally haven't had a hernia operation, but my Dad and Father-in-law have (both in their 60s). As Jock says its quite a simple procedure, and they were both out of hospital within a few hours. Both were prescribed co-codamol for the first week (as the first day was quite painful), but both only took it for a day or so as the pain quickly goes.

I know of babies who have had it done, but can't remember anyone having it done when I was your age (about 20 years ago).

I know any operation can be worrying, but this is relatively simple so try not to lose any sleep.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:37 am

Good luck Cobi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:57 am

Block4Green wrote:

Just out of interest if ...why on earth are you posting this kind of information on a public forum!!
All the best but i find it a little ..erm bizarre
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:54 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Block4Green wrote:

Just out of interest if ...why on earth are you posting this kind of information on a public forum!!
All the best but i find it a little ..erm bizarre

Rearrange these words to find your answer...

little he's oik 'cos seeking an attention
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Cobi,

I've had a whopping five of the buggers. 4 in the same place. Just for info, the don't remove it they fix it!

You are under but as everyone has said you'll be out same day.

Good luck with it but you'll be fine!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Good pic in (Saturday's?) Herald Mr Rapson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Welcome back mrrapson. I hope you are well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:54 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

I'm good Frank thanks,you? Never really gone away, read here and over there more than post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:06 pm

mrrapson wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

I'm good Frank thanks,you? Never really gone away, read here and over there more than post.

Life is very good thank you, and even the football is improving!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:26 pm

mrrapson wrote:
Cobi,

I've had a whopping five of the buggers. 4 in the same place. Just for info, the don't remove it they fix it!

You are under but as everyone has said you'll be out same day.

Good luck with it but you'll be fine!

Blimey Rappers,long time no post! Good to see you back,hope Smiffy and Penz soon follow.

Good luck with the op,Cobi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Years ago I had a hefty attack on the balls during a rugby match so don't worry Cobi, women love it! lol!

Welcome back Mr Rapson, hopefully you'll stick around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:43 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Good pic in (Saturday's?) Herald Mr Rapson.

Thanks for noticing mate! Bit worrying that I'm that recognisable! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:44 pm

GOB, green skin. Happy to post anywhere Argyle related, just don't want to get involved in any mudslinging.

What happened to PP?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:03 pm

mrrapson wrote:
GOB, green skin. Happy to post anywhere Argyle related, just don't want to get involved in any mudslinging.

What happened to PP?

Someone threw mud at him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Tringreen wrote:
mrrapson wrote:

What happened to PP?

Someone threw mud at him.

Nasty, I hope it didn't stick! confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:42 pm

Just got back from my consultation, ultra sound soon and operation in a few weeks. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Good luck, Cobi.

I have my second ultra-sound scan on Friday. It's what you get if you're pregnant. If I ever get pregnant I shall know what to expect.

PS
Why aren't you revising!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:50 pm

knecht wrote:
Good luck, Cobi.

I have my second ultra-sound scan on Friday. It's what you get if you're pregnant. If I ever get pregnant I shall know what to expect.

PS

I am shhhhh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Block4Green wrote:
knecht wrote:
Good luck, Cobi.

PS

I am shhhhh

My daughter's up to her neck in finishing essays for her 2nd year Uni. That's what she says when I ask about why she is on-line so much.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:24 am

Ah, just got the date for it, 4th of july, nervous
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation coming up...   Operation coming up... Empty

Back to top Go down

Operation coming up...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next