Coxside_Green
VillageGreen
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season Empty
PostSubject: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 8:30 pm

As Plymouth Argyle sit proudly at the top of League Two after 15 games, on 35 points at that, can we expect a burn and crash sometime between now and May 2017, thus seeing BIG TIME balls up regarding automatic promotion yet again.

Deep down that scenario is in my mind, and as much as i do not want it to be there, i can't shake it away.

I have heard it said over the past few weeks that this Argyle side will use the mistakes of last season as a spur and go on to gain automatic promotion, that remains to be seen.

One would hope that if Argyle are in the top three at Christmas and beyond, James Brent will bust a gut [sic] to further fund Derek Adams in the January transfer window, which could hopefully see the team claim one of the coveted promotion spots and an end to the dire spell the club have had in League Two.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 8:46 pm

We've already been told we're not a wealthy club in this division despite our £6m turnover.

With all the injuries we're short at the back and up front. My guess is we'll be left relying on the crocks come January and maybe a replacement for Garita if he doesn't play anytime soon. Brunt will be likened to a new signing and Sawyer will be close to returning, Del will be told to make do.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 10:37 pm

Karleigh Osborne will be another like a new signing.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 7:21 am

VillageGreen wrote:
As Plymouth Argyle sit proudly at the top of League Two after 15 games, on 35 points at that, can we expect a burn and crash sometime between now and May 2017, thus seeing BIG TIME balls up regarding automatic promotion yet again.

Deep down that scenario is in my mind, and as much as i do not want it to be there, i can't shake it away.

I have heard it said over the past few weeks that this Argyle side will use the mistakes of last season as a spur and go on to gain automatic promotion, that remains to be seen.

One would hope that if Argyle are in the top three at Christmas and beyond, James Brent will bust a gut [sic] to further fund Derek Adams in the January transfer window, which could hopefully see the team claim one of the coveted promotion spots and an end to the dire spell the club have had in League Two.

Would a mid/lower table L1 side bring in much more revenue than a top of the table L2 side with regular playoff runs to boot? Given that the answer to that is obviously no, I don't expect any funding from Brent to help the promotion push as there is no guaranteed profit in it for him. Brent is only interested in the bottom line, that is plain for anyone without blinkers to see.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 8:36 am

We've had a lot of luck but also DA has worked all kinds of sorcery to very quickly get this team of mostly very ordinary players (with the exception of Carey who is a class above) into what seems a determined, well drilled cohesive unit with goals coming from all positions. However, the serious promotion contenders e.g. Pompey, Carlisle, Donny and Luton will strengthen in January while we inevitably weaken with the selling of Carey. Weakened, the inevitable injuries, contracts running out, and with no investment in January means we'll fade to upper mid-table or just inside the play-off positions. We'll still be fourth division next season.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 3:38 pm

If we dont strengthen in January no matter where we are in the table then yes we will crash and burn again like we have the last 2 seasons when we didnt zip in January.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 4:02 pm

Angry wrote:
If we dont strengthen in January no matter where we are in the table then yes we will crash and burn again like we have the last 2 seasons when we didnt zip in January.

With supporters like you we don't need opposition.....hasn't Adams been there before and rectified the depth of his squad this season.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 4:21 pm

charleymouse wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Would a mid/lower table L1 side bring in much more revenue than a top of the table L2 side with regular playoff runs to boot? Given that the answer to that is obviously no, I don't expect any funding from Brent to help the promotion push as there is no guaranteed profit in it for him. Brent is only interested in the bottom line, that is plain for anyone without blinkers to see.

I did ponder the thought that Argyle may fancy the Play-Offs for the next three or four seasons and make some cash out of it (whatever sum that could be). I would rather the side get promoted in an automatic place and take it from there.

There is still a long way to go until May and the players could very well burn out and the side crash in dramatic fashion.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 4:48 pm

Ride the wave of momentum that a league win brings - how many times do you see clubs get promoted as champions - Then consolidate and then go up again. Argyle done it last time. Ride the wave, go up, dont settle for play offs
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 5:56 pm

Promotion is there for the taking and with eight thousand plus fans you would think backing for the manager in the transfer window would be a given, but no, Jimmy never backed Adams or Shezza in the previous January windows and wont again this time. There is zero ambition at the Brentihad, the hope will be making a few quid out of a playoff defeat and more fourth division football next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 6:31 pm

zyph wrote:
Angry wrote:

With supporters like you we don't need opposition.....hasn't Adams been there before and rectified the depth of his squad this season.

He's saying what he thinks will happen if Argyle don't strengthen, not what he hopes will happen. Supporting a club doesn't mean that you always have to be optimistic about the its prospects. Why am I not surprised that you have trotted out the old 'You'm naaat a praaapperrrrr faaaan' line?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 6:49 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Promotion is there for the taking and with eight thousand plus fans you would think backing for the manager in the transfer window would be a given, but no, Jimmy never backed Adams or Shezza in the previous January windows and wont again this time. There is zero ambition at the Brentihad, the hope will be making a few quid out of a playoff defeat and more fourth division football next season.

Cobblers or Shoemakers to that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 7:17 pm

No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 8:50 pm

zyph wrote:
Angry wrote:

you dont remember january and he results after that when he didnt do alot to the squad despite us being top and points clear? its supporters like you brent loves as you have a shit memory Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 8:52 pm

charleymouse wrote:
zyph wrote:
Angry wrote:

He's saying what he thinks will happen if Argyle don't strengthen, not what he hopes will happen. Supporting a club doesn't mean that you always have to be optimistic about the its prospects. Why am I not surprised that you have trotted out the old 'You'm naaat a praaapperrrrr faaaan' line?

thanks charley, im sure he knew what i meant as with everyone elses answers he is just getting on and gets easily confused.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 10:38 pm

zyph wrote:
Angry wrote:

the squad isnt that strong though ? lose the GK are the deputies any good ?
lose carey and who will replace his influence.......contrasts to sturrocks mob and i cant recall any really bad injuries in the XI but i could be wrong. barrett or was it craig taylor ? doesnt count mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 6:31 am

We should be looking to build for next season in League 1, as well as strengthening for promotion. There will be players out of contract in summer 2017 who would jump at the chance of joining a newly promoted team.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 6:58 am

Elias wrote:
zyph wrote:
Angry wrote:

the squad isnt that strong though ? lose the GK are the deputies any good ?
lose carey and who will replace his influence.......contrasts to sturrocks mob and i cant recall any really bad injuries in the XI but i could be wrong. barrett or was it craig taylor ? doesnt count mind.

Not so sure that McCormick is the keeper he once was.......he organized the near post cover for that free kick and then left 50% of his goal unprotected....shouldn't he be more to his right protecting that area......maybe or maybe not....debateable.....such an easy goal.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 9:55 am

all ifs and buts,

enjoy the ride
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 10:19 am

It's an odd one with McCormick. He's at an age now when as a keeper he should be at the peak of his powers. But I'd have to agree his level of consistency, decision making and positioning have all dropped markedly below what they were from even 12 months ago. There was a time when you could go many weeks without ever questioning his part in a conceded goal. Not so now. Which I guess with us still having the best defensive record, speaks volumes for the consistency of our back four.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 10:44 am

Czarcasm wrote:
It's an odd one with McCormick. He's at an age now when as a keeper he should be at the peak of his powers. But I'd have to agree his level of consistency, decision making and positioning have all dropped markedly below what they were from even 12 months ago. There was a time when you could go many weeks without ever questioning his part in a conceded goal. Not so now. Which I guess with us still having the best defensive record, speaks volumes for the consistency of our back four.

Both goals he conceded in the last couple of weeks were down to poor positioning, I think Derek Adams is probably on top of this what with us signing two new goalkeepers, thanks to football manager:cheers:
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 10:50 am

FM17 Out this Friday, Will Del uncover any nuggets?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 6:13 pm

Hasn't Luke been very much a saviour throughout the season? He has certainly played his part in winning a few points. The most noticeable stat for me this season is the amount of chances we're giving the opposition. Games are far too open and in all probability we've been lucky not to be punished.
Back to top Go down
Cousin Jack

Cousin Jack

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyWed Nov 02, 2016 7:46 pm

Yes, especially if we lose Carey at Crimbo.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 9:54 am

Think we are sure fire auto promotion favourites these season
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season   Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season Empty

Back to top Go down

Can We Expect A Burn And Crash Like Last Season
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next