pilgrimfather
tigertony
VillageGreen
sufferedsince 68
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 11:10 am

Josh Pope wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The usual Knobbers claiming that this squad full of losers is really very very talented and that its all Shez's fault that we did not get promoted? i think we did not get automatic promotion for lots of reasons, 1. The players are not  brave enough to win away matches they just retreat into their shells. 2 Total over reliance on cheap loans with no real experience. 3 Total lack of real backing in the transfer market from the owner Oyston Brent. Still looking on the brightside, stripes were back!

To an extent I don't disagree all that much, but I just think Sheridan is a very, very average manager and has taken us about as far as he possibly he can. If we don't go up them remove him and let someone rebuild over the Summer because otherwise we'll have the 3rd massive Shez clear out in 3 years.

Shez knows what sort of players are needed to compete in this league he sees them turning over his boys in must win games at poorly supported clubs almost every week, he just hasnt been given the money to sign them, when you see Carlisle having a stronger bench than us it should make you wonder why that is? scratch
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 11:14 am

With potentially Bristol Rovers, Yeovil, Portsmouth and Exeter this division could be more appealing than than league one.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 11:17 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The usual Knobbers claiming that this squad full of losers is really very very talented and that its all Shez's fault that we did not get promoted? i think we did not get automatic promotion for lots of reasons, 1. The players are not  brave enough to win away matches they just retreat into their shells. 2 Total over reliance on cheap loans with no real experience. 3 Total lack of real backing in the transfer market from the owner Oyston Brent. Still looking on the brightside, stripes were back!

At least Blackpool got to the Prem under Oyston, something that wouldn't happen under the parasite non-developer as long as I've got a hole in my ass.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 11:36 am

FY 310 wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

At least Blackpool got to the Prem under Oyston, something that wouldn't happen under the parasite non-developer as long as I've got a hole in my ass.

Absolutely.

That's the difference between us and Portsmouth. We're both in League 2 because of financial ineptitude on an industrial scale. The difference is that Portsmouth had half a decade in the Premier League, two Cup Finals and a UEFA Cup run. We had two top-half finishes in Division 2 and a squad that looked pretty good until we sold them all.

I wonder how long it'll take us to get back to the quality of the team that won 2-1 at Charlton on 24th October 2007:

McCormick
Connolly
Timar
Seip
Hodges (Buzsaky)
Martin
Nalis
Norris
Halmosi
Hayles
Ebanks-Blake.

Nice post match comments from Holloway, too, in case anyone wants him back (this was almost a month to the day before he resigned):

Quote :
"I loved the work ethic, we were never say die and I am very proud of this football club.
"People don't take me seriously but I care about people with a passion and this club is going places.
"Sometimes us managers fall on our sword but if we continue to play like that, it won't happen to me."
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 11:45 am

Iggy wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

To an extent I don't disagree all that much, but I just think Sheridan is a very, very average manager and has taken us about as far as he possibly he can. If we don't go up them remove him and let someone rebuild over the Summer because otherwise we'll have the 3rd massive Shez clear out in 3 years.

Shez knows what sort of players are needed to compete in this league he sees them turning over his boys in must win games at poorly supported clubs almost every week, he just hasnt been given the money to sign them, when you see Carlisle having a stronger bench than us it should make you wonder why that is? scratch

Yes, Carlisle, 20th in the league clearly have a much stronger bench. Because of what, Billy Paynter? He's hardly playing below his level.

He might know what players are needed but he clearly has no idea what to do with them when he gets them, he can't motivate a team, change a losing game or put together some consistent form. I don't think he's as bad as some suggest but he's very, very average for this league in terms of managerial ability.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 11:49 am

Players win prizes, as I've said until I'm blue in the face we have a thirty goal strike pairing, one of the best defences but the midfield are lacking, give us an attacking mid, some crosses in the box and we would piss it. Budget or lack of it is the problem as predicted at the start of the season.
As an aside I wonder how many goals Rubes would be on if not held back by Shez and his tactics? Lolz.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Somebody like Hourihane might've made a massive difference this season................but we took the money, same old Argo FFS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 1:00 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Somebody like Hourihane might've made a massive difference this season................but we took the money, same old Argo FFS!

He was sold for a Plymouth Price which incase our younger users arent familiar with that term its basically a quarter of the true value of a player. Staplewallet the account laugh came up with that.
Back to top Go down
david_fisher

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 1:17 pm

Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

He was sold for a Plymouth Price which incase our younger users arent familiar with that term its basically a quarter of the true value of a player. Staplewallet the account laugh came up with that.

Yet our much maligned friends from up the A38 managed to produce a young midfielder & sell him for £1,750,000.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 1:54 pm

david_fisher wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Yet our much maligned friends from up the A38 managed to produce a young midfielder & sell him for £1,750,000.

Matt Grimes went for that!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 2:17 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Yes, Carlisle, 20th in the league clearly have a much stronger bench. Because of what, Billy Paynter? He's hardly playing below his level.

He might know what players are needed but he clearly has no idea what to do with them when he gets them, he can't motivate a team, change a losing game or put together some consistent form. I don't think he's as bad as some suggest but he's very, very average for this league in terms of managerial ability.

A squad of players on the brink of play-offs shouldn't need motivating at this stage of the season. As an aside, isn't this Harbin's task? I'd also ask who's motivating Sheridan? The Board appear almost embarrassed to mention any talk of promotion/play-offs. We should be packing the ground out at this stage of the season yet the board's silence is deafening

As for Sheridan being "very, very average", I'll happily take that, he has done his bit after all. What I can't take is our inept and/or greedy suits who can't deliver our manager with a budget that matches the 3rd highest support in the league. That's where the ultimate failure is, not with a manager who is par for course.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 3:32 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:

Shez knows what sort of players are needed to compete in this league he sees them turning over his boys in must win games at poorly supported clubs almost every week, he just hasnt been given the money to sign them, when you see
A squad of players on the brink of play-offs shouldn't need motivating at this stage of the season. As an aside, isn't this Harbin's task? I'd also ask who's motivating Sheridan?  The Board appear almost embarrassed to mention any talk of promotion/play-offs.  We should be packing the ground out at this stage of the season yet the board's silence is deafening

As for Sheridan being "very, very average", I'll happily take that, he has done his bit after all.  What I can't take is our inept and/or greedy suits who can't deliver our manager with a budget that matches the 3rd highest support in the league.  That's where the ultimate failure is, not with a manager who is par for course.  
Something I've mentioned over and over. The players should really want promotion for their own careers and shouldn't need kicking to produce. Personal pride should take over.
''Harbin takes players to the edge of their ability then further'' - really? Nah - not for me.
Budget? JS has brought in loads of loans so the cash has been there. The question that begs is ''was it used wisely?''

I wasn't at Carlisle but I have never read so much venom on any Argyle discussion and I'm a 50 year man. We have 1 chance now and that is to thump Tranmere which, if Luton lose, would almost do it. How about the club offer some sort of deal to fill the ground for one last push.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 4:57 pm

xisle the plastic superfan is really putting the boot into Shez while praising the heroic jim and his fab budget, no wonder this club is so crap! if the sussex wise man and those like him think all argyles faults lie with the manager, then they truly know nothing about football.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 8:11 pm

tigertony wrote:

Something I've mentioned over and over. The players should really want promotion for their own careers and shouldn't need kicking to produce. Personal pride should take over.
''Harbin takes players to the edge of their ability then further'' - really? Nah - not for me.
Budget? JS has brought in loads of loans so the cash has been there. The question that begs is ''was it used wisely?''

I wasn't at Carlisle but I have never read so much venom on any Argyle discussion and I'm a 50 year man. We have 1 chance now and that is to thump Tranmere which, if Luton lose, would almost do it. How about the club offer some sort of deal to fill the ground for one last push.

I mentioned Harbin because Sheridan constantly gets kicked for not being motivational, uninspiring, dour etc. Sheridan would probably admit this himself which is why I assume Harbin is here (at least in part)?

As for these "loads of loans", if Sheridan had a full squad to work with we wouldn't be needing them. Are these inexperienced early 20 somethings really costing us a fair bit? I somehow doubt it. As has been said elsewhere, the 7-9th budget was stated by JB himself and Starnes 'break even' speech would seem to confirm nothing has changed.
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 8:19 pm

As Newcastle fans have just realised they needed a chairman that backed their manager and not Pardew out.
I disagree with lots that Sheridan does but also remember he kept us up. However any chairman interested in PAFC would push the boat out to get Warnock in. He loves us and comes to watch us but Brent would never back anything to do with ambition and would appoint a lower division John Carver instead.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 8:43 pm

tigertony wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Shez knows what sort of players are needed to compete in this league he sees them turning over his boys in must win games at poorly supported clubs almost every week, he just hasnt been given the money to sign them, when you see
A squad of players on the brink of play-offs shouldn't need motivating at this stage of the season.  As an aside, isn't this Harbin's task?  I'd also ask who's motivating Sheridan?  The Board appear almost embarrassed to mention any talk of promotion/play-offs.  We should be packing the ground out at this stage of the season yet the board's silence is deafening

As for Sheridan being "very, very average", I'll happily take that, he has done his bit after all.  What I can't take is our inept and/or greedy suits who can't deliver our manager with a budget that matches the 3rd highest support in the league.  That's where the ultimate failure is, not with a manager who is par for course.  

The cash has been there only to a limited degree. I'm not going to repeat for the umpteenth time how big the comparative budget is but is it really too much to understand that the fecking obvious reason for bringing in loan players is that the parent club pay a hefty whack of their salaries which enables Argyle to stay within that budget? Starnes said in the press awhile back that Argyle were on course to break even this season-do people really think that would have been the case if Sheridan had made a raft of permanent signings? Someone posted a league table the other day on PASOTI of loan signings made by league 2 clubs this season-Argyle were bang in the middle of it and plenty of other clubs had made more, i think the highest was 17.It's just par for the course now for clubs in this division and won't change next year no matter who is manager,in spite of what some seem to think.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 8:52 pm

Maybe if Shez had a bit more faith in some of our own players?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Josh Pope wrote:

Makes you wonder why he hasn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:11 pm

stephensdad wrote:
As Newcastle fans have just realised they needed a chairman that backed their manager and not Pardew out.
I disagree with lots that Sheridan does but also remember he kept us up. However any chairman interested in PAFC would push the boat out to get Warnock in. He loves us and comes to watch us but Brent would never back anything to do with ambition and would appoint a lower division John Carver instead.

:Suicide: :Suicide: :Suicide:
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:14 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

Makes you wonder why he hasn't.

Indeed. Currently I fail to see how Purrington or Harvey could have offered less in the last few games than Holmes-Dennis or Alessandra.

I don't believe he has favourites, but he definitely has least favourites.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 1:24 am

Sheridan can't really win where the youngsters are concerned. They need to be playing regular football but there's very few meaningful reserve fixtures. If they get put in the first team and results don't go our way they get booed off the pitch.

Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:08 am

stephensdad wrote:
You really believe that? He has a home down here so yes will come and watch us if hes down but don't believe all the he loves us stuff, its just sound bites nothing more. He's had his day now and has a track record for falling out with chairmen so for me a no no.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:40 am

I'd give him 1 season to see how he did, he's still got more than enough to manage at our level imo, he'd bring bags of passion and experience and if he fell out with the chairman, well so what, the whole place needs a good shake up and he just might be the man to do it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 10:26 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
FY 310 wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Absolutely.

That's the difference between us and Portsmouth. We're both in League 2 because of financial ineptitude on an industrial scale. The difference is that Portsmouth had half a decade in the Premier League, two Cup Finals and a UEFA Cup run. We had two top-half finishes in Division 2 and a squad that looked pretty good until we sold them all.

I wonder how long it'll take us to get back to the quality of the team that won 2-1 at Charlton on 24th October 2007:

McCormick
Connolly
Timar
Seip
Hodges (Buzsaky)
Martin
Nalis
Norris
Halmosi
Hayles
Ebanks-Blake.

Nice post match comments from Holloway, too, in case anyone wants him back (this was almost a month to the day before he resigned):

Quote :
"I loved the work ethic, we were never say die and I am very proud of this football club.
"People don't take me seriously but I care about people with a passion and this club is going places.
"Sometimes us managers fall on our sword but if we continue to play like that, it won't happen to me."
 The tale I was told privately by a current director at HP, was that Holloway had asked the board to back him financially to keep his squad together and add to it, for a tilt at promotion.He was told that funding would be sought imminently. When he found out prior to the home game with Norwich in the autumn of 2007, that nothing had been done and it was clear that property and position, not promotion was the agenda, he and his players were ripe for the plucking.
It was at this time that my repeated warnings not to Trust in Stapes and enjoy the ride, resulted in me being banned from the farm............ pig 'I'll never hear a bad word about that man and his lovely family'. It's still going on today but now, the trotters are well and truly under the table, which was always the plan.

The club is a nauseatingly parochial playground for the dim and grasping.  It hasn't deserved my support since Holloway.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 11:36 am

pepsipete wrote:
With potentially Bristol Rovers, Yeovil, Portsmouth and Exeter this division could be more appealing than than league one.

If Swindon win the play offs Crawley would be the local derby.

edit. make that Walsall just.

Add Newport and possibly Chelt'nam to list of closer fixtures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.   Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shez Taking Severe Stick On The Farm.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next